PDA

View Full Version : Initiative and ringing the bell

poppaserf
06-25-2019, 01:24 AM
How come when my assassin with a big weapon (slow attack, usually loses initiative) runs up to a soldier next to a bell, he still loses initiative even though the soldier's choice of action is to ring the bell instead of preparing his weapon to strike?
It seems to me that since the soldier decided to ring the bell first, that should open them up to lose first-swing initiative.

What do you think?

K_4i
06-27-2019, 10:16 AM
I'm imagine it differently. The assassins are doing their best to remain undetected by the guards. Once they are detected, the ruckus and commotion might get both the guards and the assassins temporarily disoriented. Since they are both disoriented, a roll for initiative (the ACR way of rolling..) seems reasonable.

torunskipiernik
06-27-2019, 03:06 PM
U know... big weapon = big swing = more time to make strike. Soldier see that someone heavy armored is comming slowly, so he has time to ring the bell and call nerby guard. But U gave me some idea :D
So... "a contratio" if heavy geared assassins are slow, so maybe it should be made a perk like "first strike" for a light armored assassins which could give ability like this "you have initiating strike. If U attack guard with the bell you hit him one time before he rings the bell. You have extra 50% (or any high number, it should be high on 5 stars to have a chance to kill enemy in one hit) chance to hit critical strike". It could be really amazing skill in some situations :)

poppaserf
06-27-2019, 08:25 PM
Good explanations and ideas, thank you.
So maybe the guard doesn't totally lose 1st swing initiative and it can be a compromise. The assassin gains a boost to their 1st strike since guard chose a different initial action.

How about if guard chooses to ring bell first, then guard and assassin have a 50%/50% initiative roll for 1st strike (ignoring weapon speeds)?

torunskipiernik
06-28-2019, 03:42 PM
Hard to say if it could work, guards have very simple scripts and they have only one type of action - simple attack. And secondly if they are close to the bell they should use it, they are made to do it. That's why I'm convinced to my proposition :D