PDA

View Full Version : a Single Player/Campaign forum would be nice,,?

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 04:54 PM
I recall a popular Red Baron sight had seperate forums for single play & multi play.
The reason i suggest this:

1. Majority of players play off-line

2. Off-line players have different issues with flight models etc as they are fighting the AI

3.On-line folks seem to be the most vocal & to dominate the discourse in the General disc forum.

4. the Gen Disc has become so negative that I think it drives many away.....

5. Quite a few people would post career stories etc if they felt others were interested but the volume of posts (many negative) on the Gen Disc. forum quickly drives these to the back pages.

6. imho it would be a chance to form a fresh new community of those interested in campaign play & should generate more useful information for Starshoy so that he can continue to improve Maddox sims campaigns.

XyZspineZyX
10-05-2003, 04:54 PM
I recall a popular Red Baron sight had seperate forums for single play & multi play.
The reason i suggest this:

1. Majority of players play off-line

2. Off-line players have different issues with flight models etc as they are fighting the AI

3.On-line folks seem to be the most vocal & to dominate the discourse in the General disc forum.

4. the Gen Disc has become so negative that I think it drives many away.....

5. Quite a few people would post career stories etc if they felt others were interested but the volume of posts (many negative) on the Gen Disc. forum quickly drives these to the back pages.

6. imho it would be a chance to form a fresh new community of those interested in campaign play & should generate more useful information for Starshoy so that he can continue to improve Maddox sims campaigns.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 03:24 AM
Being someone who also plays pretty much exclusively off-line, I whole heartedly agree with you. Let's hope that it gets implemented.

Best regards,
Tattered Boots.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 04:55 AM
thanks boots nice to hear from ya!

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 05:43 AM
Good idea. Offwhiner's forum.

I feel sorry for the onwhiners, cos they can never sim air warfare in a game where dogfighting is the only goal of the sim. FB is the problem here, not the onwhiners.

Just thinking, Oleg should have expanded the origional IL~2 idea from just the Il2 to only flyable ground attack aircraft like Su~2 and Hs~123 biplane--sweet thing. That would have kept the dogfight Noobs over at the Microsoft forums.

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 10:44 AM
be nice
then again my bug report on player in wrong plane cos of campaign sunk without trace, without a single reply from anyone else

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 06:40 PM
anyone else ?

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 06:45 PM
I agree

Many convos around here about Fm's issues especially the 109 but I think there are some major flaws in the campaigns too

this is a pretty cool sig, I wish I could add a fake fotoshop graph in it... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 08:03 PM
um yeah, i replied with some other stuff
i noticed it again too, should be a easy fix
ie stick player, in the plane set tobe player in the mission