PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Bug in PF

Tooz_69GIAP
11-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Remember that bug where when you fire off torps, or drop bombs, but you get killed before they hit they do no damage to their target??

Well, it seems the bug is fixed in offline play (was it there before in offline play?? Didn't check before) but seems to be still porked in online play.

This was one of the first things I tested on my own when I first fired up the game and I tested it in the FMB with a simple mission using the Akagi with a Beaufighter armed with a torp, and I set unlimited ammo in the difficulty settings.

Okay, so I fly in towards the carrier, and I let off 5 torps at it, and then I purposefully crash the aircraft into the sea before any of them hit the carrier.

I then watch from the carrier POV the torps coming in. the first 3 hit, and there's not a scratch, so I'm thinking, "dammit, the bug is still there!!" but then no.4 hits, and suddenly the carrier is a smoking wreck!! Then no.5 hits, but it does no more noticable damage (apparently you need 8 torps to sink a carrier?). So I am fairly happy that the bug is fixed!!

So, last night I'm in a dog server, and I take a He-111 (substitute for Betty) with 2 torps and I go after this pesky US destroyer that is firing on my ground forces. I fly over, sight the wee git, line it up nice and sweet, get to about 40m, around 320kph, and weave slightly to try and avoid the AAA. I drop my fish, and they run straight and true, and I bank away expecting to see an "enemy ship destroyed" message any minute, but I get killed by a burst of AAA!!!!

Okay, so I'm dead, and my aircraft crashes. But I am close enough to the destroyer to zoom in on it, and watch my fish hit. They do, right on the stern, both fish, WHAM!!

...not a scratch!!!!!

"Dammit, I need more fish!!" I say. So off I toddle and grab another He-111 with fish, and I head straight for that pesky wee destroyer to hit it again.

Same deal, I line up, I loose the fish off, and turn away, and I get killed by flak again before the torps hit. And I again am close enough to watch them go in. And again, they hit square on.......and guess what......

......NOT A ****ED BLOODY FECKING SCRATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man was I peed off!!!!

I asked the other guys on comms about it, and they all said "I dunno, haven't tested it", so guys, tell me, do destroyers need more than 4 torps to kill em (and I'm talking a piddly wee thing that in AEP would probably have succumbed to 1 torp!!), or am I doing something wrong?? Or is this bug still in there????

Considering the importance of torp attacks in PF surely you'd think they'd have sorted this out!!!!!

Here's hoping for the patch!!!!!

Tooz_69GIAP
11-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Remember that bug where when you fire off torps, or drop bombs, but you get killed before they hit they do no damage to their target??

Well, it seems the bug is fixed in offline play (was it there before in offline play?? Didn't check before) but seems to be still porked in online play.

This was one of the first things I tested on my own when I first fired up the game and I tested it in the FMB with a simple mission using the Akagi with a Beaufighter armed with a torp, and I set unlimited ammo in the difficulty settings.

Okay, so I fly in towards the carrier, and I let off 5 torps at it, and then I purposefully crash the aircraft into the sea before any of them hit the carrier.

I then watch from the carrier POV the torps coming in. the first 3 hit, and there's not a scratch, so I'm thinking, "dammit, the bug is still there!!" but then no.4 hits, and suddenly the carrier is a smoking wreck!! Then no.5 hits, but it does no more noticable damage (apparently you need 8 torps to sink a carrier?). So I am fairly happy that the bug is fixed!!

So, last night I'm in a dog server, and I take a He-111 (substitute for Betty) with 2 torps and I go after this pesky US destroyer that is firing on my ground forces. I fly over, sight the wee git, line it up nice and sweet, get to about 40m, around 320kph, and weave slightly to try and avoid the AAA. I drop my fish, and they run straight and true, and I bank away expecting to see an "enemy ship destroyed" message any minute, but I get killed by a burst of AAA!!!!

Okay, so I'm dead, and my aircraft crashes. But I am close enough to the destroyer to zoom in on it, and watch my fish hit. They do, right on the stern, both fish, WHAM!!

...not a scratch!!!!!

"Dammit, I need more fish!!" I say. So off I toddle and grab another He-111 with fish, and I head straight for that pesky wee destroyer to hit it again.

Same deal, I line up, I loose the fish off, and turn away, and I get killed by flak again before the torps hit. And I again am close enough to watch them go in. And again, they hit square on.......and guess what......

......NOT A ****ED BLOODY FECKING SCRATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man was I peed off!!!!

I asked the other guys on comms about it, and they all said "I dunno, haven't tested it", so guys, tell me, do destroyers need more than 4 torps to kill em (and I'm talking a piddly wee thing that in AEP would probably have succumbed to 1 torp!!), or am I doing something wrong?? Or is this bug still in there????

Considering the importance of torp attacks in PF surely you'd think they'd have sorted this out!!!!!

Here's hoping for the patch!!!!!

WTE_Dukayn
11-15-2004, 05:46 PM
sounds like bug to me.

Tully__
11-15-2004, 05:49 PM
There have been reports of a general damage model bug for ships in DF's (not just torps) where ships in a DF server that's been running for some time don't seem to take damage. I haven't had the oppurtunity to test it in detail for myself, but I've seen quite a few posts about it.

Tooz_69GIAP
11-15-2004, 06:20 PM
Well, perhaps this is an issue with DF servers?? I will maybe set up a coop, and purposefully die after firing a ton of torps at a vessel, and see what happens.

Or perhaps the US destroyers are invincible or something???

Who knows.

LW_lcarp
11-15-2004, 07:38 PM
its still there after you die your torp has no affect on the target

Fennec_P
11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
The torpedo bug appears to have been fixed. At least for offline.

I took a A-20 with a torpedo. I launched the torpedo at a stationary sea truck, and promptly crashed my plane into the water. The torpedo hit, and sunk, the ship.

You could try the same thing as a client in a dogfight mission. Use a very small ship, so it is guaranteed to sink with one torpedo.

VaporBlast
11-16-2004, 06:31 AM
No it work in online games. I was shot down the other day right after releasing my torp and when it hit I sunk the ship...

AFJ_Locust
11-16-2004, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VaporBlast:
No it work in online games. I was shot down the other day right after releasing my torp and when it hit I sunk the ship... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not alwayes Vapor

Tooz_69GIAP
11-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Vapor, were you in a coop or in a dogfight?? I have a feeling it may be the dogfight code that is screwy.

Also, were you dead when the torp sunk the ship, or were you still alive in your wreck?

NN_EnigmuS
11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
about dogfight one of my squad mate did one with mission to destroye a japanese AC,and yes the AC didn't show any damage until getting destroy after near of 15 torpedos,we get kill quite many time just after dropping torpedo but don't know if it did damage as nothing is seen on AC till destroyed

NL_snake_eye_NL
11-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi all

I have that problem also sometimes. You fire a torpedo, got shot down, torpedo hits, no damage. but i noticed that it will do damage if you sirvive the attack. What I want to say is: I think youre torpedo only will work when you survive the attack. greetz Snake Eye

adadaead
11-16-2004, 12:53 PM
The reason why you can't destroy the carrier is that instead of torpedos or bombs you use fish. First check what type of fish you using. But for best results try to use torpedoes. But big blue whale or a couple of great whites might do the job. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But on a seriuos side what the hell are you thinking, it did take like 10 topedoes to down a carrier or battleship in real life plus a couple of thousand pounders. Its a carrier not a goddang fishing boat.

Tooz_69GIAP
11-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Well, there are several accounts that say 4 torpedoes hitting a carrier on the same side would be enough to cripple it/capsize it. To actually make sure it sunk, yeah, you'd probably need a few more torps, but that's not the point.

I was trying to sink a small wee piddly destroyer not a carrier, and I hit it square on with 4 torps. That's enough to sink it, surely, yet there was not a scratch.

adadaead
11-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Waht do you mean small piddly destroyer, i think that destroyer is even more tougher then a carrier.