PDA

View Full Version : Orochi too strong.

Eroglas
06-20-2019, 02:53 PM
Light spamming their way out of any fight. It's hard to see the game class this hero as a "hard" champion, when it's the most noob friendly.

PS: Obviously I'm talking in Console.

AmonDarkGod
06-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Light spamming doesnt make a character strong. But it can be dealt with there are vids online to help u get better against spammer orochis

atac56
06-20-2019, 03:51 PM
pick a character with hyper armor and your orochi problems are solved. honest

Eroglas
06-20-2019, 03:51 PM
When I say she is strong, I mean that she can win lots of 1v1 by just spamming her lights. And youtube videos doesn't change that fact. Orochi Needs a light attack speed reduction exclusively for console, or altoghether, and give her something else to keep her strength but being less frustrating.

Eroglas
06-20-2019, 03:54 PM
pick a character with hyper armor and your orochi problems are solved. honest

That's not how you solve a problem, my dude. She is not fair in console and need to be addressed. Reducing her light attack speed and giving her something in return should do the job.

AmonDarkGod
06-20-2019, 03:55 PM
Lol a nerf only for consoles. That will never happen. Plus there are parry gods on consoles too you just need to practice and get better. Orochi does need a rework all she has is lights rn. Youtube vids doesnt change that fact but they can teach u how to learn parrying spammers...

Eroglas
06-20-2019, 03:59 PM
Lol a nerf only for consoles. That will never happen. Plus there are parry gods on consoles too you just need to practice and get better. Orochi does need a rework all she has is lights rn. Youtube vids doesnt change that fact but they can teach u how to learn parrying spammers...

It's not about being good. I get trashed by all the other heroes, yet I know when it's because of skill or because of unfairness.
Reacting to an orochi in console is more than frustrating, which takes the fun of the game away. If she can't get an exclusive nerf, then reducing her LA and giving her something in return would be fair and enough.
(Or a rework for that matter).

atac56
06-20-2019, 04:19 PM
That's not how you solve a problem, my dude. She is not fair in console and need to be addressed. Reducing her light attack speed and giving her something in return should do the job.

given that the orochi may not have any changes to the character anytime soon, i'd say it is. the orochi has no gimmicks or unblockables to work with. since all he does is light spam why not pick a character that can trade blows?

Tyrjo
06-20-2019, 04:20 PM
Another reason to not play on console.

AmonDarkGod
06-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Again practice practice and practice. There is nothing else you can do until they rework Orochi. Orochi is no way near OP Raider is OP maybe Black Prior Zerk Hito? But not Orochi... Just practice more

Vendelkin
06-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Nerfing orochis light attack speed would directly require also nerfing valk, nuxia, and shaolins light attack speed to maintain any semblance of balance. And further would also need to push a following shadow nerf on everyone that has other 500 ms lights as they are now the same speed.

Speed tho frustrating is one of the elements that makes these 4 characters unique

AmonDarkGod
06-20-2019, 04:26 PM
500 ms is easy to counter whether be console and PC if you get spammed that is kinda players own fault im sorry. I agree they are frustrating since they are harder to react at first with enough practice they can be countered. I used to be like that too but with enought training light spamming aint no longer an issue

Eroglas
06-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Nerfing orochis light attack speed would directly require also nerfing valk, nuxia, and shaolins light attack speed to maintain any semblance of balance. And further would also need to push a following shadow nerf on everyone that has other 500 ms lights as they are now the same speed.

Speed tho frustrating is one of the elements that makes these 4 characters unique

But don't forget she has her special dodge. Let's not assume orochi can only LA the entire fight, she has her fantastic mobility, which makes her LA more frustrating than, say, nuxia or shaoling.

I don't mean that she should get nerfed, i mean that she should get 'addressed'. A rework would do her good or just lowering the LA to gove a bit of reaction time. In return, more damage to her LA or faster HA..

rottmeister
06-20-2019, 05:26 PM
Fellow console pleb here.
Orochi is fine, he's even one of the weaker characters imo. You just have to know his moveset and get in your opponent's head (as with pretty much every character) and anticipate their next move.

Getting light spammed is kind of on you unless latency is on their side.

If we were to nerf her lights she wouldn't get any damage in at all...

I'm not fond of 400ms lights either but she hasn't got a lot of things to get a chain going.

Every assassin has excellent mobility it's their characteristic, but that dodge attack can be easily baited. If they're doing it from neutral it's a free light parry.
And if you're talking about the 'undodgeable trait' well some characters do have that as well: BP and Warlord immediately come to mind.

All in all I think you just have to train against her a bit and then everything will be fine.

However I do agree that on console Orochi can be a noob friendly class, but once they hit higher level gameplay reality will hit them hard and they'll actually have to improve themselves.

Edit: Imo Raider is way more of a noob friendly class right now

garr1999
06-20-2019, 06:45 PM
I'm 191 on console I have no problems with orochi if your looking too much into his light inputs
your not gonna parry him as much as you would when you watch his animations when it comes to
parrying lights animation of the attack and timing are key plus if you don't like how good orochi is when says he's
pretty bad but not peacekeeper bad than you should try him and comfirm how good he really is
trust I'm rep 16 you I think the only thing that is good about him is his awesome deflects because
they are irreplacable and unique for all assassins

AmonDarkGod
06-20-2019, 10:09 PM
Because Raider deals waaay too much damage so quickly. Also some of his attacks have 500 ms animation yet 400ms indicators which is bs

garr1999
06-20-2019, 11:23 PM
sry rep 16 with orochi console keyboard didn't input what I was trying
to type that includes some of the missing words I was trying to type in

MCBooma16
06-21-2019, 02:22 PM
Orochi has nothing without fast lights, and primarily stems off of counters and speed. Fast lights, deflects, and counter attacks is Orochi's playstyle, and harassing with lights is his/her way of damage.

Unless the Orochi has a yucky ping, it's your fault for getting light spammed. The longer you play, the better your reactions are going to get. Go into the arena and just set a bot for light spam, and parry as many lights as possible for like half an hour to an hour. For 2 straight weeks I did this, and by the time I fought an actual player, about 90% of the attacks that would normally hit me were now being blocked or parried.

Even on console, good players will actually be happy to see a light spammer. Not because they're easy to parry, but because light spammers are predictable... They just throw three lights. All you need to do is condition your reflexes for 400ms light attacks, and that comes with practice and time.

Magostera
06-21-2019, 05:31 PM
The very existence of this thread prove that its writer is bad at the game, does not know the game, and everyone that have the same opinion is equally idiotic.

Orochi is not faster than any other hero. He have 500 ms starting light like almost everyone else in the game, warden included. His dodge attacks are 600 ms, slower than most light attacks. His back-dodge attack is also 600 ms. You know, the 600 ms speed that make people say that Highlander light are not viable? His storm rush is 500 ms on one side only, as fast as a standard light attack. His zone is 500 ms, just like the zone of Warden, Tiandi, Kensei, etc, etc, etc. Those who complain about deflect might be the worst of the bunch. The windows of side deflect is 33 ms because of the i-frame having superiority to deflect frame. Its a move on prediction only, and with a timing that boil the move to luck. If you get deflected, you are previsible, don't know how to feint, and stupid enough to blame a move that is harder to pull than a parry and deal a mere 5 more damage than a light parry, which is arguably easier to perform than a deflect.

The first who say that a "skilled player whit Orochi is dangerous" in answers to that deserve a slap to the face with a metal gauntlet. ANY skilled player with ANY character is dangerous, and they would be a lot more dangerous with other character because all other characters in the game have more to their kit than Orochi and can do more than Orochi in the same situation. If you lose against a good Orochi, you would have lost regardless of the character the player used. The only way for an Orochi player to win is for the opponent to be bad enough to not be able to react 500 ms light and 800 ms heavy, with no mix-up whatsoever except hard feinting, which is something that ALL character can do.

Conclusion, Orochi is bad, if you lose against it you are either a bad player or your opponent was so much better that they would have won regardless of the character picked. Pick whatever can heal your pathetic ego that whine over losing to one of the worst character in the game.

GoldenSandstorm
06-21-2019, 06:21 PM
the only super good thing bout roach is that he can go into an attack and do an attack the lights are quite easy to stop the flow of

UbiInsulin
06-21-2019, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately OP, the general consensus I've seen is that Orochi needs more (particularly in terms of mix-ups/more viable offense), and taking good lights away wouldn't leave much.

AmonDarkGod
06-21-2019, 07:45 PM
Hey OP wanna get good against Orochis go to training room give only lights to cusrom orochi parrry parry parry parry parry

I-Nibbiru-I
06-21-2019, 09:02 PM
Unfortunately OP, the general consensus I've seen is that Orochi needs more (particularly in terms of mix-ups/more viable offense), and taking good lights away wouldn't leave much.

Amen Ubi.

Orochi has nothing to trade in for improvements, his kit is about as basic as it could get for an assassin.

Baturai
06-22-2019, 11:25 AM
orochi is weak af what are you talking about.. :/ light parry gives you 3x the damage