PDA

View Full Version : Weapons vs armor

rottmeister
06-19-2019, 04:55 PM
I was wondering what you'd prefer having: Event weapons or seasonal armor sets (if possible)?

In my opinion new armor sets are long overdue and if that meant slowing down on the weapon output I'd be glad to sacrifice that. We've already gotten so many weapon sets a lot of which are just recolors.

I'm aware that creating armor takes longer due to animations etc. but I feel like new sets can freshen up your gameplay. I get tired of looking at the same armor over and over. It's kind of a big deal since (apart from the fight itself) you'll be looking at your character A LOT.

We're in need of some new customization!

So tell me if you'd have to sacrifice future event/seasonal weapons for more armor sets, even though it may take a while to create, would you?

Siegfried-Z
06-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Where can i sign ?;)

MessirePhilippe
06-19-2019, 06:50 PM
I was wondering what you'd prefer ohaving: Event weapons or seasonal armor sets (if possible)?

In my opinion new armor sets are long overdue and if that meant slowing down on the weapon output I'd be glad to sacrifice that. We've already gotten so many weapon sets a lot of which are just recolors.

I'm aware that creating armor takes longer due to animations etc. but I feel like new sets can freshen up your gameplay. I get tired of looking at the same armor over and over. It's kind of a big deal since (apart from the fight itself) you'll be looking at your character A LOT.

We're in need of some new customization!

So tell me if you'd have to sacrifice future event/seasonal weapons for more armor sets, even though it may take a while to create, would you?

Oui,Ja,Si,Yes,Да ^^

rottmeister
06-19-2019, 07:16 PM
Where can i sign ?;)

Not going to lie, I didn't think that far ahead, lol. I'm just hoping this thread won't just be discarded and that we can make it clear to the devs that we want new armors rather than new weapons ('We" as in everyone that agrees of course).

Oui,Ja,Si,Yes,Да ^^
Merci, Bedankt, Danke schön, Gracias, thank you & спасибо

MessirePhilippe
06-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Haha ^^

Siegfried-Z
06-19-2019, 10:47 PM
Not going to lie, I didn't think that far ahead, lol. I'm just hoping this thread won't just be discarded and that we can make it clear to the devs that we want new armors rather than new weapons ('We" as in everyone that agrees of course).

So far it looks pretty clear !

I am dreaming about new armor set for my Kensei, Musha and Shaman (and new helmet for Hito!).
We already have so many weapons anyway.

PS : i am in the south of France at the moment and came back home on sunday sooo on se voit sur le champs de bataille la semaine prochaine ^^

Illyrian_King
06-19-2019, 11:23 PM
New armour sets are definitely overdue, but still I would prefere regular armour sets over "event" armour sets.

First image that pops up in my mind, is somebody running around with a pumpkin helmet from an halloween event ;b

rottmeister
06-19-2019, 11:28 PM
So far it looks pretty clear !

I am dreaming about new armor set for my Kensei, Musha and Shaman (and new helmet for Hito!).
We already have so many weapons anyway.

PS : i am in the south of France at the moment and came back home on sunday sooo on se voit sur le champs de bataille la semaine prochaine ^^

You play Shaman?! I didn't know that :O
I'm dreaming for new armor for Shaman that actually looks good. I was hoping for a set with a hairstyle that looks a bit like the protagonist in Horizon Zero Dawn. I really should finish that game...
Anyway 2/3 of 'the bleed team' already look like total babes so I don't see any reason not giving Shaman something 'different'. :p
It's annoying that literally ALL her headpieces have a shaven head.

J'espère que vous avez beacoup de plaisir là! D'accord je vous verrai la semaine prochaine sur For Honor. A bientôt!

Edit: revived my thread about gear set suggestions. Feel free to post pictures or a description of what you'd like to see.

Velentix
06-20-2019, 01:37 AM
I would much rather have new armor sets at this point. I feel like we are in a good place as far as weapons go, not that I mind new ones, but there are several differents skins that I cycle through for weapons. For armors I have two or maybe three combinations I like for most of my chars, but not enough for me to cycle through them like I do with weapons.

garr1999
06-20-2019, 06:39 AM
I think they should take turns every 3 months they make armor
and then the next 3 months it's weapons
the events between they make both armor/weapons
not seperate but both for the event only
which would mean a longer event period
to earn em

Siegfried-Z
06-20-2019, 11:08 AM
You play Shaman?! I didn't know that :O
I'm dreaming for new armor for Shaman that actually looks good. I was hoping for a set with a hairstyle that looks a bit like the protagonist in Horizon Zero Dawn. I really should finish that game...
Anyway 2/3 of 'the bleed team' already look like total babes so I don't see any reason not giving Shaman something 'different'. :p
It's annoying that literally ALL her headpieces have a shaven head.

J'espère que vous avez beacoup de plaisir là! D'accord je vous verrai la semaine prochaine sur For Honor. A bientôt!

Edit: revived my thread about gear set suggestions. Feel free to post pictures or a description of what you'd like to see.

Yes of course rep 18 Sham ;) she is among my 4 fav heroes with Valk, Kensei and Musha .
She definitly needs more armor ! I have the same gear for months.

Merci 😉

rottmeister
06-20-2019, 11:57 AM
I would much rather have new armor sets at this point. I feel like we are in a good place as far as weapons go, not that I mind new ones, but there are several differents skins that I cycle through for weapons. For armors I have two or maybe three combinations I like for most of my chars, but not enough for me to cycle through them like I do with weapons.

As someone whose mains are mostly DLC characters: I completely agree. I've been trying out several new combinations for Shaman and Nuxia, but found myself beeing disappointed at the lack of options.

I think they should take turns every 3 months they make armor
and then the next 3 months it's weapons
the events between they make both armor/weapons
not seperate but both for the event only
which would mean a longer event period
to earn em

This could be a way to do it. i'm not requesting the devs to not release any new weapons at all, but rather have new armor sets as a more "regular" occurence. Because as of right new it took them 8 seasons/2 years to release completely new sets. This way we'd have 2 drops of new armor for every hero per year and I'd say that'd be a great change.

rottmeister
06-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Yes of course rep 18 Sham ;) she is among my 4 fav heroes with Valk, Kensei and Musha .
She definitly needs more armor ! I have the same gear for months.

Merci ��

I've been playing Valk quite a bit lately and it's been pretty fun, but I've had a lot of problems when facing Wardens. I'd love to get better at her but I feel like I can't open up Warden's at all. It feels like they have an answer for everything I do. I feel the same way when I play Nobu against turtles. I guess I understand now why he's one of the best duelists... lol

I've been trying out new sets for Shaman and they're alright (I've made one look like a cheetah, by far my favorite), but I really want something that makes her look different. Yes, I get it, she's a cannibal, but that doesn't mean she could have different armor sets at all. All of her outfits have a shaven head, even BP and Hito manage to grow some hair in some helmet pieces. All I ask is for a hairstyle that's a bit longer and that isn't shaved from the sides.

Siegfried-Z
06-20-2019, 04:54 PM
I've been playing Valk quite a bit lately and it's been pretty fun, but I've had a lot of problems when facing Wardens. I'd love to get better at her but I feel like I can't open up Warden's at all. It feels like they have an answer for everything I do. I feel the same way when I play Nobu against turtles. I guess I understand now why he's one of the best duelists... lol

I've been trying out new sets for Shaman and they're alright (I've made one look like a cheetah, by far my favorite), but I really want something that makes her look different. Yes, I get it, she's a cannibal, but that doesn't mean she could have different armor sets at all. All of her outfits have a shaven head, even BP and Hito manage to grow some hair in some helmet pieces. All I ask is for a hairstyle that's a bit longer and that isn't shaved from the sides.

Warden is a hard match up for Valk yes. Her best match up are mostly against assassins.

Otherwise while playing Valk i usually troubles a lot against JJ.
And overall Valk is in troubles against Tanks because of her low dmg while she has less HP than them.
But i have so much fun playing Valk and her kit, as shaman one is very complete : Bash, full block, CC, deflect, 400ms lights, wallsplat/stun, sweep.

It is just a shame she has so many options but none of them is really strong.

I agree some helmet with long Hair could be cool for Shaman. Just looking at how Valk hair are looking good i think it could be Nice ^^