PDA

View Full Version : Space Monkey Report #5 Livestream: Your Questions Answered

UbiBorghal
06-19-2019, 02:27 PM
Hi, Space Monkeys!

During the last Space Monkey Report Live Stream, you had questions. Well, now we have answers! Check out our short recap, revisit the live stream VOD, and read the answers to some of your questions on our latest article (https://ubi.li/8dgz6).

https://ubiservices.cdn.ubi.com/7a4e795d-be97-432e-be6d-0eeb791c056e/news/header-smp-feedback-beyond-good-and-evil-2.jpg (https://ubi.li/8dgz6)

Share your thoughts below!

JordanTooHumble
06-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Over 630 thousand space monkeys letís goooo!! Shout out to all the space monkeys 🐒 question tho are we gonna have the ability to have a crew/clan and if so can we name our group and even have the name on our ship for design/logo??

UbiBorghal
06-19-2019, 05:49 PM
Hey, Jordan! Recruiting a crew is in the plan. I'm not sure about naming your ship, or the crew itself. I will pass your questions to the dev team!

Edit: Check the Space Monkey Report #4 at about the 23:36 mark (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGFi3_N-TD8&feature=youtu.be&t=1416), Guillaume and Emile discuss recruiting!

DanTheMMMan
06-19-2019, 06:12 PM
I love the idea of having a central starting point for the game with the initiation ritual with Primera. That being said, are Primera and the Gada AI one in the same? Or are they actually different characters?

JordanTooHumble
06-20-2019, 06:37 PM
Hey, Jordan! Recruiting a crew is in the plan. I'm not sure about naming your ship, or the crew itself. I will pass your questions to the dev team!

Edit: Check the Space Monkey Report #4 at about the 23:36 mark (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGFi3_N-TD8&feature=youtu.be&t=1416), Guillaume and Emile discuss recruiting!

O yes I remember this from stream haha I really love the idea of utilizing the spyglass for a lot of things around the world, Thank You!!

GloboxJames
06-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Proud to be among that space monkey army! Hereís to 600,000 more ;) Loved the latest report, you guys are killing it! Iím sure the combat wasnít touched on because itís still being developed but I was wondering if you guys had worked out a skill tree design or if your pirateís fighting moves will be taught by an NPC/at a Dojo, etc.
Keep up the amazing work!

Ray970
06-23-2019, 11:01 AM
I don't like the idea that the whole population is made up of clones. I can understand that hybrids are created infertile, but I don't know how the humans can accept that a corporation has the control over all "births" and the destiny of every person without rebelling.
I think also that in this way interesting relationships, between various characters and between family mambers, are lost...but it is also true that there would be new type of relationships

Kronox2
07-02-2019, 09:52 PM
I thought everyone becoming infertile was due to whatever happened that resulted in them going to system 3 rather than the government just making them infertile. Also it would be reasonable for them to not have the technology to create a clone that can reproduce(for all we know it may be realistically impossible to do. I know almost every futuristic game and movie considers that possible, but I don't think it really is. Not to mention if you can't reproduce across species, how can a creature made of multiple species reproduce?).

GloboxJames
07-04-2019, 12:01 AM
@Ray970 I think that part of the narrative is pretty much set in stone at this point. It seems like maybe this game isn't for you, bud. lol :p

Ray970
07-13-2019, 11:01 AM
I thought everyone becoming infertile was due to whatever happened that resulted in them going to system 3 rather than the government just making them infertile. Also it would be reasonable for them to not have the technology to create a clone that can reproduce(for all we know it may be realistically impossible to do. I know almost every futuristic game and movie considers that possible, but I don't think it really is. Not to mention if you can't reproduce across species, how can a creature made of multiple species reproduce?).

Ok, but I meant that people would rebel if a corporation had control over their destiny (not that it made them voluntarily infertile).

Ray970
07-13-2019, 11:04 AM
@Ray970 I think that part of the narrative is pretty much set in stone at this point. It seems like maybe this game isn't for you, bud. lol :p

It is just an opinion, I don't think that they change the story for a comment ahah:)

guest-L9piJXQD
07-23-2019, 12:30 AM
The only disappointment for me is the loss of the camera mechanic. I loved searching out the wildlife in the original game. It was one of the only games that seemed to have an interest in conservation and wildlife at the time. A shame not to have a similar mechanic especially with all the improvements in current gen tech those animals would have looked incredible!
Love you guys but just voicing an opinion of a life time fan.

pablo_fresh2345
07-30-2019, 01:15 PM
I'm very excited for this game, and can't wait to play it. Giving the fact how I've never played the first game so as a newcomer this will be a great way for me to get familiar with the franchise, I'm a aspiring game developer and the type of inspiration I drew from the concept of this game is amazing. This game is by far the most ambitious game I've seen from Ubisoft, as a fan of mostly everything Ubi has to offer from TC Splinter Cell all the way up to AC Odyssey. BG&E 2 will be the most innovative Ubi experience to date for me, I love the way you all have giving opportunities to the community to be apart of this massive project via hitrecord, I never seen such willingness to allow fans to be apart of the core development of any project, for that I must give you guys major props, and I would one day hope to bring my skills along to help you all with future games, without you guys at Ubisoft I would've never realized my passion for games, I know this comment isn't particularly BG&E related but I just wanted to thank you guys

CybrSage
09-14-2019, 02:58 AM
There are many nations on Earth today that control the destiny of their people - and even China controlled how many babies a couple could have. It is not only doable, but people accept it passively.

CybrSage
09-14-2019, 03:02 AM
I am so stoked about playing this!