PDA

View Full Version : Missing Medals?

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 02:56 AM
The Order of Glory...
Anybody recieved it?
Completed the VVS campaign and never got it.

Searched the forum and it was only mentioned once in a post.

By somebody else with 200+ kills in the campaign.
Apparently that pilot didn't get it either.

How does the game assign the medal?
And is that working as it should?

And more importantly...
i enjoyed completing the campaign.
(except the flak over Berlin which nearly crippled my system to say nothing of my plane... yikes!)

but...

there is one medal more important even than the elusive Third Gold Star that my Hero of the Soviet Union pilot was sort of looking forward to....

Is it possible to add the medal for
"For the Victory over Fascist Germany"?

It would be a very nice touch.

post script - if i was greedy i would enquire about whether a Polkovnik could be a recipient of the Order of Suvorov, Kutuzov Order and/or Aleksandr Nevskiy Order in their respective grades where applicable.
but i'm not greedy so i won't ask for that. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

post post script - of course there are probably equivalent medals for the other campaigns, but i haven't gotten around to flying and finishing those yet!

post post post script - not to be a pain or anything. just asking in case it can be done.

keep up the good work!

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 02:56 AM
The Order of Glory...
Anybody recieved it?
Completed the VVS campaign and never got it.

Searched the forum and it was only mentioned once in a post.

By somebody else with 200+ kills in the campaign.
Apparently that pilot didn't get it either.

How does the game assign the medal?
And is that working as it should?

And more importantly...
i enjoyed completing the campaign.
(except the flak over Berlin which nearly crippled my system to say nothing of my plane... yikes!)

but...

there is one medal more important even than the elusive Third Gold Star that my Hero of the Soviet Union pilot was sort of looking forward to....

Is it possible to add the medal for
"For the Victory over Fascist Germany"?

It would be a very nice touch.

post script - if i was greedy i would enquire about whether a Polkovnik could be a recipient of the Order of Suvorov, Kutuzov Order and/or Aleksandr Nevskiy Order in their respective grades where applicable.
but i'm not greedy so i won't ask for that. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

post post script - of course there are probably equivalent medals for the other campaigns, but i haven't gotten around to flying and finishing those yet!

post post post script - not to be a pain or anything. just asking in case it can be done.

keep up the good work!

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:01 PM
A simple - it is there and this is how you get it - would help. Otherwise i don't know if it is a bug, a broken feature, or just my needing 300 kills or something.

Like i said, i found only one other post mentioned it.
Anybody else out there finish the campaign?
Run into the same problems?

i know that my pilot got a 2nd Order of the Red Banner in 1944, after the Order of the Patriotic War 1st Class.

If it's a bug... with the patch nearing completion... i'd be hoping that there would be time to fix it.

But no Order of Glory?
Personally i'm thinking i got a second Red Banner by mistake. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:46 AM
I think i was the pilot with the 200+ kills who posted that i did'nt get the Order of Glory, I've flown at least 5 Russian campaigns with various Aircraft & never got it, Although i did get the Third Gold Star in 2 different campaigns, The first time i think it was for shooting down my 200th enemy plane in my Yak campaign & the second time i got the Gold Star for the third time was in my IL-2 campaign for destroying my 1000th ground target or somewhere near 1000. I forget exactly.

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close your eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the response, Acme.

Anybody else gonna chip in with a testimonial?

It's not like the Indestructible I-16 or the FW Forward View Debate. No slide rules or calculus necessary.

It's a simple, yes/no/maybe with a how many kills thrown in if you feel generous.

Oh, and since nobody else bothered to respond, i'm hijacking my own thread and demanding the Victory medal for when the finish of the campaign. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 11:08 AM
that medal stuff... go to mission/campaign/ru and see all .tga medals and the file "awards.properties"... if you can create your own .tga picture, just replace the existing top medal with the new one, change its name in award.properties, open file MessagesRu.dat and find the medal names there again and change the medal name again... but the rate of being awarded is in the DGen.exe so you can´t change that
(I just prepared that stuff for Slovak campaign with Starshoy /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

<center>http://www.kurita.sk/PRIVATE/pictures/sig_il2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks, jurinko.

i think.
i mean, it's good to know how to do that, but i'd still prefer if i knew how the game assigned it and whether it was just a hiccup in my completed campaign or whether it was a persitent problem. Across many systems.

What i believe the kids nowadays call a "bug".

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Persistent even.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:50 PM
unmitigated bumpery.

plus if nobody else chips in their two cents worth i'll consider it a bug instead of just my bad luck.

oh, and if nobody objects i'll assume the entire IL2 online community is 100% behind my Add More Medals campaign for the offline campaign. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 11:23 PM
If you've already finished a VVS campaign with a lot of kills, then this shouldn't be a difficult question to answer.

Did you get the Order of Glory?

Also, i think the game would be a bit better with the a medal "For The Victory Over Fascist Germany". i mean, that is why the the red side if flying against the blue, right?

All this being my way of saying - BUMP.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 11:44 PM
LOL !

This is a guy who WANTS his medal !!

( just bumping a little for ya CSS http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

C!

<A HREF="http://giap.webhop.info" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.baseclass.modulweb.dk/giap/var/storage/original/image/69giap_badge_roshko.jpg
</A>

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Many thanks to ROSHKO_69.GIAP.

Same questions always
- anybody get the Order of Glory?
(it's there but does the game give it out?)
(how/when nice details, optional)

- anybody else get two Orders of the Red Banner?
(more importantly are you supposed to?)
(chime in, experts on medals for the Russky side)

Okay, update on why i'm bumping my own thread again.
Downloaded the open beta and started a brand new IL-2 campaign with a new pilot.

Anywho, it's early going yet but it seems to be the same thing as the Fighter campaign i had.

That is

- no Order of Glory
(yet).

- a second Order of the Red Banner.
don't they only give those out once per person?

Pilot Stuff

DATE OF BIRTH: 1915
PLACE OF BIRTH: Khalkin Gol
PHOTO: Dgen\Photo.bmp
SORTIES: 66
KILLS: 40
GROUND: 269
NMEDALS: 7
MEDALS: 1 0 3 2 2 5 6 0
EVENT: 22 June 1941 joined the squadron
EVENT: 24 June 1941 awarded Order of the Red Star
EVENT: 25 June 1941 promoted to l-t.
EVENT: 27 June 1941 awarded Order of the Red Banner
EVENT: 11 July 1941 awarded Gold Star of Hero of the Soviet Union
EVENT: 13 July 1941 promoted to st.l-t.
EVENT: 29 July 1941 awarded Second Gold Star
EVENT: 6 October 1941 promoted to k-n.
EVENT: 9 October 1941 awarded Order of Patriotic War 2nd Class
EVENT: 15 December 1941 awarded Order of Patriotic War 1st Class
EVENT: 20 January 1942 awarded Order of the Red Banner
EVENT: 1 February 1942 promoted to m-r.

If you read this but do not respond that means you are complete agreement with my "For Victory" medal request which i'm throwing in just to be obstreperous.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif