PDA

View Full Version : OT: hi from Foe

Foehammer-1
07-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Hey all, Foe has found an internet cafe in Ukraine.... and writing this.

Almost adapted to jet lag, everything was fine, didn't get busted at the cutoms. Met 2 friends of my childhood that i havent seen for 10 or 11 years. Female friends :P I'll post pictures later.

In Kiev, the capital, went to a museum of military hardware, 1930-1950's-ish. Took a WHOLE lot of pictures, and a video. Will post those as well when i get back.
I finally saw IS-2 and IS-3, seen pictures, but NEVER seen the things in real life. Also some real neat things.. Felt really good to see all those things.

Also, saw an armored boat that looks almost EXACTLY like a u-boat.... Except its gun is a turret from either a T-34 or one of the IS tanks. But I think it looks like a hybrid of the two.

Going to the Black Sea tomorrow, to a city of Sudak, if anyone is interested enough to look at a map.

Almost got killed twice by cars already. SO not used to the way drivers disregard the laws.... And seen cars driving on the pedestrian walkways... There's something new...

Went to my great-grandmothers grave today..

Also. found my old SEGA Genesis... Lol. It has Mortal Kombat 3 and Road Rash 3 on it... So primitive, but so much fun.

Alright i got 10 minutes left and need to email friends. I'll get back to ya in a week

Foehammer-1
07-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Hey all, Foe has found an internet cafe in Ukraine.... and writing this.

Almost adapted to jet lag, everything was fine, didn't get busted at the cutoms. Met 2 friends of my childhood that i havent seen for 10 or 11 years. Female friends :P I'll post pictures later.

In Kiev, the capital, went to a museum of military hardware, 1930-1950's-ish. Took a WHOLE lot of pictures, and a video. Will post those as well when i get back.
I finally saw IS-2 and IS-3, seen pictures, but NEVER seen the things in real life. Also some real neat things.. Felt really good to see all those things.

Also, saw an armored boat that looks almost EXACTLY like a u-boat.... Except its gun is a turret from either a T-34 or one of the IS tanks. But I think it looks like a hybrid of the two.

Going to the Black Sea tomorrow, to a city of Sudak, if anyone is interested enough to look at a map.

Almost got killed twice by cars already. SO not used to the way drivers disregard the laws.... And seen cars driving on the pedestrian walkways... There's something new...

Went to my great-grandmothers grave today..

Also. found my old SEGA Genesis... Lol. It has Mortal Kombat 3 and Road Rash 3 on it... So primitive, but so much fun.

Alright i got 10 minutes left and need to email friends. I'll get back to ya in a week

Celeon999
07-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Looking forward to your pics http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kielhauler1961
07-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Same here. That armoured boat sounds interesting. Did it look anything like this?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/kielhauler/oth129_91.jpg

This gives a better view. Soviets called it a "tank-ship", and flotillas of them served on all the great rivers in WW2.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/kielhauler/bk11241.jpg