PDA

View Full Version : What does this error message mean???

Acme70
01-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Can someone explain this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/Acme1970/IL2M_W050104_082618_C05010408261826.jpg

Acme70
01-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Can someone explain this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/Acme1970/IL2M_W050104_082618_C05010408261826.jpg

Kapt_A
01-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Looks like your loading a mission designed for the Merged install and trying to use it in the stand alone.

Acme70
01-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I am using the Merged install

WTE_Dukayn
01-04-2005, 03:49 PM
could be that there is no map specified to load in the mission file, which I find extremely odd, but it could happen.

horseback
01-04-2005, 04:22 PM
So, apparently, this error message means you're screwed...

cheers

horseback

WTE_Sikshoota
01-04-2005, 04:27 PM
S` Acme

Did you create this mission & if so, did you save it to the correct folder?
(ie net>dogfight/coop>whatever)

Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Sik

Acme70
01-04-2005, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTE_Sikshoota:
S` Acme

Did you create this mission & if so, did you save it to the correct folder?
(ie net&gt;dogfight/coop&gt;whatever)

Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Sik <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it's a single player offline mission

Atomic_Marten
01-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Looks to me like you got $crewed campaign--that is the most common error in campaign.(I assume that you are loading campaign mission).

But you say that is the single player mission. Now I do not have idea what's wrong. What version of game do you have? Is that stock mission or custom?

Acme70
01-04-2005, 07:31 PM
It's a stock mission generated by the DGEN & i'm running 3.03M, I had no problems with 3.01M

Atomic_Marten
01-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Then it is campaign mission?

If yes, you got the most common error message of all, when your campaign lock up. There was a solution to this problem (for some cases). This is by no means related to the DGen version.. I will try to find it for you..

Here's some the text of the thread that I found about this issue (I have lost the link--it was somewhere on SimHQ forum)

__________________________________________________ ______________
HONDO:

I just encountered this error for the second time now, I had to abandon a DiD offline campaign for this once, and I don't want to do this again. Since you replied to a similiar topic I'd like to know if you can give me advice to save my current offline DGen campaign

Ok, I completed mission #20, but the DGen crashed when I hit the apply button. After restarting FB, the Map screen is empty and there's no briefing.

My campaign-ini looks like this:

[Main]
ExecGenerator DGen.exe
Class il2.game.campaign.CampaignBlue
awardsClass il2.game.campaign.AwardsDEfighter
[list]
30111.mis
30114.mis
30117.mis
30201.mis
30216.mis
30301.mis
30322.mis
30407.mis
30422.mis
30501.mis
30511.mis
30525.mis
30601.mis
30610.mis
30615.mis
30722.mis
30825.mis
40117.mis
40123.mis
40129.mis
end.mis

Please note: I choose to change the campaign length some missions ago.

The 40129.mis file show the following first lines:

[MAIN]
MAP FinsGulf/load_w.ini
TIME 11.25
CloudType 1
CloudHeight 1400.0
player fiLLv24fi20
playerNum 3
[Wing]

A 40129.properties file does exist.

The main career screen does show 20 completed mission, so the last mission got counted somehow. I do have somekind of a career backup created by IL2Stab with each FB start, but I guess this backup doesn't work since I started FB already once after the crash.

Whatever possibilites exist to go on with this campaign, I'll try them out. Best one would be to apply my real results from #20 and go on with #21, but if I have to refly/recreate #20 I'll do that to. All I need is advice [Smile]

Regards

Hondo

--------------------
41*Hondo
========================
Customize your offline campaign
IL2 DGen Tweaker
OBSERVER:

There is an answer to this that will save your campaign, but I need to understand a few things first.

First a bit of background on Stab (fantastic utility) and the IL2 campaign files.

There is an option in Stab to backup the campagin every time you start IL2. That's great except in instances where you have a CTD (or other type of crash) at the apply procedure since the natural inclination is to start IL2 again to see if you get a new mission. As luck would have it, you don't get a new mission and Stab has already copied over the old encrypted campaign.ini in the user folder. For this reason I disable this feature and use the manual backup option in Stab instead.

Regarding IL2, when you hit the "Apply" button, several operations happen before you get the next mission.

The first thing that happens in the previous missions results get parsed and the encrypted campaign.ini file is updated. (I've honestly never checked to see if the *.dat files get updated in the /missions folder, but I would guess that they do).

The next step is IL2 calls the DGen.exe application to "write" the next mission. This includes updating the campaign.ini file in the /missions folder, assigning the pilots and writing the *.mis and *.properties files. You can see all of this if you read the Dgen*.log files in the root folder. This is the step where you had the crash and this is the reason you get a blank map since DGen never wrote the next mission.

The last step that would normally happen would be for IL2 to load the new briefing for the next mission.

The problem is a mismatch between the number of missions in the encrypted campaign.ini file (should show 21 on main campaign screen in IL2 correct?) and the campaign.ini file in the /missions folder which only shows 20 (I counted [Smile] ). The last mission you flew was on 29 Jan 1944, correct?

There are two ways to tackle this problem, but first I need to know if you save all of your mission logs. Look at Stab options under the logging tab. Is the "do not overwrite the Events.log" box checked or unchecked? Alternately, you can look in the conf.ini file for:

[Console]
LOGKEEP=0

This determines if you will have to refly the previous mission or not. If you saved the previous mission, you won't have to refly it.

Sorry for the long post, but more is on the way.
HONDO:

The stab option to keep the logs was unchecked so i'll have to refly the mission (i checked the option now for the future). And yes, January 29th, 1944 was my last mission.

Btw, I found a way to re-use the last mission and go on with the campaign, but I'd like to hear your solution anyway since my own solution is quite a bit of work (to make logbooks fit to all the dates etc...). I still have a backup of the fresh crashed campaign
OBSERVER:
The first steps of recovery can be accomplished regardless of the answer to the log question from the last post.

First I suggest you uncheck the option to automatically backup the campaign files in Stab until after you've completed this and it works. That way if you mess something up, you can always start over until you get it to work.

The first thing you will need to do is copy the previous *.mis and *.properties files, in this case 40129.mis and 40129.properties. You will then need to rename these files to something like 40130.mis and 40130.properties.

Next, you will need to add the mission to your campaign.ini file in the /missions folder. It should look something like this when completed:

[Main]
ExecGenerator DGen.exe
Class il2.game.campaign.CampaignBlue
awardsClass il2.game.campaign.AwardsDEfighter
[list]
30111.mis
30114.mis
30117.mis
30201.mis
30216.mis
30301.mis
30322.mis
30407.mis
30422.mis
30501.mis
30511.mis
30525.mis
30601.mis
30610.mis
30615.mis
30722.mis
30825.mis
40117.mis
40123.mis
40129.mis
40130.mis
end.mis

That should sync the users campaign.ini and the /missions campagin.ini file.

Next, to get the "new" mission to parse correctly, you will need to open the status.dat file. You might see something like this:

Crimea44
40129.mis

The first line is the next mission date in the YMMDD format. The second line campaign front you are currently flying on (I just guessed at Crimea, I honestly don't know), and the last line is the current mission you are flying. You will need to change the Status.dat file to something like this:

Crimea44
40130.mis

This reflects the change you made in the /missions campaign.ini file above.

Now when you go to the campaign screen, you should at least get a mission to load. The date in the mission will be wrong, but you can change it in the *.properties file if it bothers you. Just open it in notepad, look for the date Jan 29, 44 date and change it to Jan 30, 44.

There are a couple of other steps required to get everything back on track that I will post after you've gotten the old mission to show up. Let me know when you get this far, or if you have any problems along the way.

Hope this helps!
OBSERVER:

Well, that stinks, but it's easy enough as long as you have the "No Instant Success" untoggled. Just start the mission and as soon as you get in the cockpit, end it. Hit apply, and you'll get a new mission. Your CO will chew you out FWIW, but it's not a big deal unless you've changed the Ops44-N.dat script.

I save the logs because I like to look at them. Also, if you use the War Diary feature in Stab like I do, the log is saved there as well.

It sounds like your method of reusing the last mission is correct (it's the only one I know at least). Don't forget about the status.dat file so it looks for the right one to parse. And you are correct again. You will have to edit the squadron.dat file to remove the mission from the people assigned to it.
HONDO:

Okay, I get the old 29/01/44 mission to show up, I changed to debriefing date to be able to determine which debriefing I actually read; status.dat is fixed, too.
OBSERVER:

Good!

If you have the "No Instant Success" untoggled. Just start the mission and as soon as you get in the cockpit, end it. Hit apply, and you'll get a new mission. If you don't you'll have to fly the mission again.

You'll also have to change the squadron.dat file to get rid of the extra mission for every member of your squadron that flew the bogus mission.

You should be able to continue on from there without any other problems.
HONDO:

No instant success is unchecked (never liked this setting). Thanks a lot, Observer, I'll open a bottle of wine now, and my first toast is to you.
OBSERVER:
Glad to help.

Cheers!

Atomic_Marten
01-04-2005, 09:03 PM
It is a long read, but worthy if you solve your problem. Also may work for other guys that crashed their campaigns. I haven't tested it yet, thanks to heavens http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.