PDA

View Full Version : flight yoke & joystick mapping

rhinomonkey
09-14-2007, 02:42 AM
Is there a way of saving your control mapping making it easy to switch from using a yoke to a joystick? Reason i ask is that i want to make this game as realistic as possible and would like to be able to switch controlers without having to re-map every time.

Thanks in advance

rhinomonkey
09-14-2007, 02:42 AM
Is there a way of saving your control mapping making it easy to switch from using a yoke to a joystick? Reason i ask is that i want to make this game as realistic as possible and would like to be able to switch controlers without having to re-map every time.

Thanks in advance

Fireball_
09-14-2007, 05:22 AM
Your mappings are tied to a particular pilot. So you would create two pilots, one would have the joystick mappings and the other would have the yoke mappings. Then you would just switch between the pilots.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rhinomonkey:

Thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-14-2007, 05:31 AM
What kind of yoke and Joystick are you using?

rhinomonkey
09-14-2007, 07:24 AM
well i have a fairly cheap joystick i bought from maplins it's one of these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=42582&crit...%20joystick&doy=14m9 (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=42582&criteria=usb%20joystick&doy=14m9)

it's actually alot better then the logitech stick i was using that ive converted to a throttle.

Anyway im thinking of getting a new stick and a yoke so am kind of shopping around. if it's easy to swap between the two i will get both as i want the game to be as real as possible

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, the reason I ask is because if you happen to use CH gear, you can map it in Control Manager to simply switch between the two with the push of a button.

rhinomonkey
09-14-2007, 08:54 AM
that sounds handy. Do CH do a force feedback stick? I've never tried force feedback but i would like to try it. The CH flight yoke looks good too