PDA

View Full Version : PS4 vs PC?

AurumWeaver
06-17-2019, 07:33 AM
So after nearly 200h on PC, I grabbed the free FH of last month on my PS4 and started just recently, at least until my PC is repaired and back from the shop.

And I barely understand what's going on. I'm by no means a great player, but it seems like even against complete noobs, I struggle like crazy. It's like the attack speed of assassins (i.e. Orochi and Peacekeeper, because of course) is doubled on PS4, and somehow half of my blocks don't work. I get that new players spam the heck out of their characters, but my Glad feels like a damn punching bag at this point.

I'm using the same controller as ever, on the same internet speed, with my usual characters. Is there something I don't know about FH on PS4? Am I just going mad? Because this is *not* normal!

EDIT: I know there's an insane amount of smurf accounts on PS4, me being one of them, but it still doesn't explains everything.

The_B0G_
06-17-2019, 09:48 AM
Not sure if it's the smurg accounts, console just plays completely different than PC, it's all about light spam on console. Things that are hard to defend on reaction on PC, have to be guessed on console. Even Raider has light spam now.

Siegfried-Z
06-17-2019, 10:08 AM
There is a big différence, but it doesnt mean console is unplayble or only guessing.

I have 182 reps on PS4 and 18 on PC.

Few months ago i decided to switch to PC because so many people said FH is more fitting with PC and i've seen the devs balance the game for PC despite most players are on console.

So i've tried and with my PC i was playing between 90 and 135fps.
At the beginning i felt like a god, like really... i was able to delfect/parry on reaction pretty much everything in the game including 400ms lights.

But at the end i was tired of how things were too easy to deal with and of the huge amount of bugs and lags you have to deal with on PC while console works very well most of Times.

So i came back to console after maybe 1month and half on PC.

And it was painfull. In less than 2 months i was sooo used already to the slow version on PC that i get lights spam to death by a Kensei on my 1st match 😅😅 yes, a Kensei haha

But after 2 weaks on console i've start to get used again at the right speed and parry timing for console and i am now punishing 500ms mooves enough often and just blocking correctly 400ms ones like before.

This is what i have experienced playing on both.

PC :
600ms = free parry
500ms = not a free parry but very easy to parry/deflect (my punishing rate was arround 75%)
400ms = 50/50. Was able to parry it like 25% of Times and blocking like 70%.

Ps4 :
600ms = still free parry
500ms = i get hit by them like 50% of Times i would say.. 50% others i am able to parry or at least block them.
400ms = block them like 30/40%. Get hit by all others.

So yes the gap is huge between both and you play Glad .... good luck with his guard decay on console.

AurumWeaver
06-17-2019, 04:24 PM
Well that does explain things. Not sure why the devs let their game become like this, but this is gonna be a serious deterrent to me continuing on PS4. I'll keep trying it out, see if it can go somewhere, but I'm not hopeful.

Tyrjo
06-17-2019, 05:50 PM
What you have experienced is spelled: Input lag and you probably also play on a slow TV.

I started on PS4, moved to PC, tried to play again on PS4, but it is an absolutely horrendous experience. :(

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1933463-60FPS-is-not-the-holy-grail-for-console

EvoX.
06-17-2019, 07:05 PM
There is zero reason to play For Honor on PS4 rather than PC other than the supposedly larger playerbase. Do some goofy matches on PS4 until your PC is up and running, then never look at it again.

Siegfried-Z
06-17-2019, 07:39 PM
There is zero reason to play For Honor on PS4 rather than PC other than the supposedly larger playerbase. Do some goofy matches on PS4 until your PC is up and running, then never look at it again.

Disagree.

PC is far more buggy than ps4.
And i prefer the fact a light parry is something you only perform sometimes than on PC where it is very easy to punish whatever your opponents land. It promotes turtling

Hormly
06-17-2019, 11:04 PM
PC master race 👊

MCBooma16
06-18-2019, 02:14 AM
I mean, I play on PS4, and believe it or not, I have *fun*. I did try out PC a while ago, and my problem with PC is since they can handle more frames, EVERYTHING is slow af... I suppose I'm used to console at this point, and I actually defend well against quick attacks.

So after about 2 months of continuous playing on PC, I could literally react to everything.... 400ms lights hit me like, I don't know, 30% of the time? 500ms attacks hit me less than that, and 600ms not at all. The only attacks that would hit me would be the occasional soft feints from Raider, PK, Shaman, and sometimes Kensei since they're more about reads.

My point is I didn't like how much easier it was to defend after so much time on console. Even with good mindgames, someone can still react to your attacks more frequently on PC. I was a rep 4 smurf and easily hit Master against rep 100+ players.

I go back to console, and at first I struggled with how fast things seemed. After some time, things were good again. I'm getting hit a little more with 400ms and 500ms lights, and due to that, attempting parries and taking risks is more important. To me, that's fun. I think it's skillful to be able to play at a seemingly quicker pace with a need for quicker reactions. Everything on PC is so much slower by comparison, and people tend to turtle a hell of a lot more.

The thing is since light attacks seem quicker, people might be more predictable with their light attacks. You can still block and parry 500ms attacks on console and you can have the same mindgames and everything, it just matters more since things will probably hit you more, whereas on PC you can react to everything. 400ms attacks become a challenge when your input delay is high and the opponent's ping is above 70. Other than that, if you're in the average 30-60 ping range, everything will be normal, at least for us console players.

People on console naturally play more aggressively, and that's okay because the devs want people to attack. And, if you can at least block a 400ms attack, you'll be fine.

Yeah, things are fast, but that's For Honor for ye. Console For Honor. I think it's great fun, and training and playing enough to be able to gank bust here and there is a nice feeling. I think it should take more skill to defend than it is to attack, and console For Honor gives me that nice experience.

Siegfried-Z
06-18-2019, 10:23 AM
I mean, I play on PS4, and believe it or not, I have *fun*. I did try out PC a while ago, and my problem with PC is since they can handle more frames, EVERYTHING is slow af... I suppose I'm used to console at this point, and I actually defend well against quick attacks.

So after about 2 months of continuous playing on PC, I could literally react to everything.... 400ms lights hit me like, I don't know, 30% of the time? 500ms attacks hit me less than that, and 600ms not at all. The only attacks that would hit me would be the occasional soft feints from Raider, PK, Shaman, and sometimes Kensei since they're more about reads.

My point is I didn't like how much easier it was to defend after so much time on console. Even with good mindgames, someone can still react to your attacks more frequently on PC. I was a rep 4 smurf and easily hit Master against rep 100+ players.

I go back to console, and at first I struggled with how fast things seemed. After some time, things were good again. I'm getting hit a little more with 400ms and 500ms lights, and due to that, attempting parries and taking risks is more important. To me, that's fun. I think it's skillful to be able to play at a seemingly quicker pace with a need for quicker reactions. Everything on PC is so much slower by comparison, and people tend to turtle a hell of a lot more.

The thing is since light attacks seem quicker, people might be more predictable with their light attacks. You can still block and parry 500ms attacks on console and you can have the same mindgames and everything, it just matters more since things will probably hit you more, whereas on PC you can react to everything. 400ms attacks become a challenge when your input delay is high and the opponent's ping is above 70. Other than that, if you're in the average 30-60 ping range, everything will be normal, at least for us console players.

People on console naturally play more aggressively, and that's okay because the devs want people to attack. And, if you can at least block a 400ms attack, you'll be fine.

Yeah, things are fast, but that's For Honor for ye. Console For Honor. I think it's great fun, and training and playing enough to be able to gank bust here and there is a nice feeling. I think it should take more skill to defend than it is to attack, and console For Honor gives me that nice experience.

It look we had the same experience !
Totally agree

EvoX.
06-18-2019, 11:17 AM
PC is far more buggy than ps4.

How so? It's the same game.

rottmeister
06-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Oh silly you, this is ABSOLUTELY normal!

Welcome to He- I mean console gaming I will be your tour guide...
Do you see that light spamming Orochi? Ah yes, he's on a 20 kill-streak and this isn't low tier gameplay >: D

You can get light spammed by every character in the game if you're not careful..... Except for Nobushi because f*** that b****. lmao

ARAMUSHA IS VIABLE HERE MUHAHAHAHA

:p

Siegfried-Z
06-19-2019, 05:48 PM
How so? It's the same game.

During my PC experience i had to deal a lot more with lag, servor reaching problems and game lunching problems. So much that i just moove back to console. Maybe i was just unlucky but i swear it was very irritating.

Oh silly you, this is ABSOLUTELY normal!

Welcome to He- I mean console gaming I will be your tour guide...
Do you see that light spamming Orochi? Ah yes, he's on a 20 kill-streak and this isn't low tier gameplay >: D

You can get light spammed by every character in the game if you're not careful..... Except for Nobushi because f*** that b****. lmao

ARAMUSHA IS VIABLE HERE MUHAHAHAHA

:p

😂
Weird but true for Musha.. i hope it is not going to shock people but here on ps4 i have better stats with Musha than with Warden and Zerk 🤭🤭