PDA

View Full Version : I can't win against Hitokiri

TOCKSYK
06-15-2019, 12:32 PM
As title says, I can't win against her, unless the player is very very bad

Her heavies have more timings than Cent's heavies, she has 2 bashes, which are a guessing game, she has a feintable unblockable, HA on every attack except first light in chain, second light in chain is 500 ms with HA. Who at Ubisoft thought ''HA on every single attack that has variable timings, that can be comboed in a bash that has variable timings, that can catch rolls and confirms a light or a heavy, uninterruptable by GBs is a good idea''. It's worse than the Wu Lins, at least JJ has a 50/50 on his dodge attack, and a 50/50 on top heavy. Nuxia gets emoted, Shaolin can be interrupted at least and Tiandi is average

Hitokiri is not fair to fight unless you have a bash. and even if you do have a bash, it's the only thing you gonna throw out the entire match, cause she can press heavy on red indicator and either trade with you, since she does too much damage, or interrupt you since her heavies are really fast

Characters like Centurion, PK, Orochi, Lawbringer and Aramusha can kiss their victory screen goodbye, cause unless they play it perfectly there is little hope they will win

Seriously Ubisoft, she can fail parries all day and not get punished for it at all. Centurion's charged heavy has no effect on her, PK can only spam her zone and pray for a gb, even then, she does 20 dmg on a heavy for christ's sake. Ara can get backdodged all day, and she doesn't even need to fear his feints, she just spams the fking heavy light buttons, Lawbringer can only dodge bash all game, ad maybe land a few lights here and there but that is it

I don't get what's up with the balance team, they are either way too slow or they come at work with a blanket, cause it feels like half the team is sleeping here

Clearly the game is going in a Meta direction, nothing we can do about it.

Breach, Dominion, 2v2s, everything is full of Hitokiris and Raiders, it's turning into ''who has the most meta characters'' kind of playstyle.

And what about US, the non meta players? Are we supposed to play vs AI until you make our characters viable?

2 years, Cent hasn't received a single change except a light to heavy combo. I'm not saying he's the only one in this state, I'm saying that half his kit, even more than half his kit is unusable in combat. Literally heavy, lights and gbs are the only things he can do!!!

Hitokiri can use 100% of her kit effectively in any game mode/position of the game without many drawbacks whatsoever

FlyinBeef
06-15-2019, 01:39 PM
Characters like Centurion, PK, Orochi, Lawbringer and Aramusha can kiss their victory screen goodbye, cause unless they play it perfectly there is little hope they will win.
Centurion, PK, Aramusha and Orochi just weaker than Hito, that is why they can't win her, complaints about Orochi can't win Hito sounds like "why my Cent can't win Zerk and BP?". LB can win her, I think they have equal chances.

Seriously Ubisoft, she can fail parries all day and not get punished for it at all
Is it hard to feint your attack and parry her heavy? Variable timings? Maybe yeah, but no, because if you parry for example basic heavy timing only next timing will catch you, for others you can just feint your heavy and block, it is always 2 viable timings, also you can catch her in gb for long charge, it is quite possible to parry her parry attempts.

Sneakly20
06-15-2019, 04:31 PM
As title says, I can't win against her, unless the player is very very bad

Her heavies have more timings than Cent's heavies, she has 2 bashes, which are a guessing game, she has a feintable unblockable, HA on every attack except first light in chain, second light in chain is 500 ms with HA. Who at Ubisoft thought ''HA on every single attack that has variable timings, that can be comboed in a bash that has variable timings, that can catch rolls and confirms a light or a heavy, uninterruptable by GBs is a good idea''. It's worse than the Wu Lins, at least JJ has a 50/50 on his dodge attack, and a 50/50 on top heavy. Nuxia gets emoted, Shaolin can be interrupted at least and Tiandi is average

Hitokiri is not fair to fight unless you have a bash. and even if you do have a bash, it's the only thing you gonna throw out the entire match, cause she can press heavy on red indicator and either trade with you, since she does too much damage, or interrupt you since her heavies are really fast

Characters like Centurion, PK, Orochi, Lawbringer and Aramusha can kiss their victory screen goodbye, cause unless they play it perfectly there is little hope they will win

Seriously Ubisoft, she can fail parries all day and not get punished for it at all. Centurion's charged heavy has no effect on her, PK can only spam her zone and pray for a gb, even then, she does 20 dmg on a heavy for christ's sake. Ara can get backdodged all day, and she doesn't even need to fear his feints, she just spams the fking heavy light buttons, Lawbringer can only dodge bash all game, ad maybe land a few lights here and there but that is it

I don't get what's up with the balance team, they are either way too slow or they come at work with a blanket, cause it feels like half the team is sleeping here

Clearly the game is going in a Meta direction, nothing we can do about it.

Breach, Dominion, 2v2s, everything is full of Hitokiris and Raiders, it's turning into ''who has the most meta characters'' kind of playstyle.

And what about US, the non meta players? Are we supposed to play vs AI until you make our characters viable?

2 years, Cent hasn't received a single change except a light to heavy combo. I'm not saying he's the only one in this state, I'm saying that half his kit, even more than half his kit is unusable in combat. Literally heavy, lights and gbs are the only things he can do!!!

Hitokiri can use 100% of her kit effectively in any game mode/position of the game without many drawbacks whatsoever

Letís get into this. First off you should never parry her. So the variable timing heavies shouldnít mean much until they are charged.

She has a kick mixup that doesnít work. You dodge on orange and then roll if itís the sweep. Negates the whole thing. Plus her forward dash heavy is so slow it canít be used to catch you most of the time.
If the sweep is catching your roll you are rolling without dodging or rolling way to early. Why would it GB? You canít GB highlanders kick throw mid animation.

You donít need a bash to fight her. In fact bash oriented characters eat her alive itís almost comical.
You have to be smart with your hero. If they are intent on trading and have noticed itís purely the regular heavy you could try your luck on a parry or deflect.

If she fails a parry she will trade correct. You have to expect that. She might not even try to parry she may just throw the heavy. Itís up to you to use your characters abilities to the best to fight her.

Hito is known to be a solid B tier hero last time I checked. Possibly low A depending on where you find your info. The problem is that her first heavy has early hyper armor and it forces defensive play on her opponents while she herself can be very aggressive. Everyone throws hyper armor around like she has it on everything. Her has hyper armor on her first heavy, her fully charged heavy, her finisher light, and sweep.

She could use a nerf to her first heavy hyper armor but needs buffs in other parts of her kit. She canít combo her zone or her dash heavy. She shows orange the entire time you start your sweep mixup even before you throw anything. I understand that her play-style is frustrating on the receiving end but you must also understand that you are dealing with her only tools right now. The whole reason sheís viable as of right now is because of that hyper armor on her first heavy.

Zombie.Face
06-16-2019, 08:38 AM
she is super boring and not well made. i hate her armor on neutral. wtf? turtle time i guess...

MuscleTech12018
06-16-2019, 03:39 PM
She has even unfinished attack animations... just "Ubisoft" I guess.

Lukettle
06-18-2019, 10:45 AM
Turtle, turtle, turtle and wait for a parry. Never start first. That's how you defeat a hitoriki. Season 1 style. Unless you have quick bashes ofcourse.

EvoX.
06-18-2019, 12:25 PM
I would advise against following the ''roll on reaction'' strat. It will be gone soon, and you'll be back at the drawing board. Better get used to dealing with it now. Best advice against her is basically what Lukynu said.

Also, JJ doesn't have any 50/50's. You can back dodge on reaction to his dodge heavy and side dodge on his forward dash top heavy, which avoids all options 100% of the time.