PDA

View Full Version : Should smurf accounts be allowed?

Justifi3d
06-15-2019, 03:45 AM
I understand the whole trial by fire and getting good, but this game has a small enough player base as it is and going against rep 1 players who parry everything and crush actual new players heavily pushes new players away. Plus playing against people who don't even know how to parry is no fun. I don't understand what pushes people to play smurf accounts other than to be dicks.

XreaperX1470
06-15-2019, 05:00 AM
I have done it not to crush new players but try out different char without uber sweating people. Also my friends have been slowing returning to the game so I used a smurf account until they got back up to speed and not facing rep 100 and up right away. But I did play against smurfs going full try hard and it was just pathetic they actually thought they were amazing.

rottmeister
06-15-2019, 11:42 AM
You can't really do anything against smurfs though (as in banning them etc.)? They're in a lot of games and some move from 1 platform to another.

I'd say people create smurf accounts usually because they want an easier time, because they changed platforms or because they want to play different characters/start from scratch (not defending smurfs apart from those who move from console to pc).

There are a lot of toxic ****** in every online game so there certainly would be that smurf.

It's a bit ironic how the most toxic players absolutely suck at the game though, lol. Usually it's that light spamming orochi with 100+ ping that is screaming through his mic in some foreign language (mostly Russian) that absolutely sucks and can't block/CGB for sh**.

UbiInsulin
06-15-2019, 06:50 PM
As far as I'm aware (and I'm not a dev), smurfing is difficult to stop. It sucks, and we've all played games against smurfs in FH or elsewhere. I'm open to hearing any suggested solutions.

PNgamerGER
06-15-2019, 08:57 PM
I have no idea how to stop smurfing ( im not a dev too ) but the fact is, the most ppl smufing cause they are toxic as hell, they want to farm low´s and destroying new ppl´s game experience alot. Yesterday i played vs a rep 1 player ( he was parry everything. every light include faints every ... ) i think he was cheating with an autoblock cheat, a mouse script or what ever.. i dont know. It is frustrating. Alot ppl doesn´t play for fun. They only play because they care about wins and loss... and no one gives a f u c k and that makes me rly mad

Justifi3d
06-15-2019, 09:56 PM
I understand if you're moving from one platform to another or even to play with friends. I'm over rep 100 but I got into a game where everyone was overall rep 10 or below so I figured that I should take it easy and not try hard, but then the other team turned out to be all smurfs and my teammates were actually new to the game and we made it to the commander with everyone else on my team having 5 takedowns or less. I'm surprised they didn't all just leave me tbh.

garr1999
06-15-2019, 10:09 PM
Make it where if someone who is rep 1 or 0 and they get more
wins than losses and records how many parries they get
it would force smurfs who are not in groups to face high level players
let's say ten or more parries with either 2 or 3 wins they get sent to high level
or the smurfs get a damage debuff when facing low skilled players
there should be a system like this in place to discourage smurfing
however if they are switching they get a damage debuff for at least 2 or 5 games
There should be a question saying have you played for honor before switching
and if they lied and said no but won over 20 matches they get their account removed

XreaperX1470
06-16-2019, 05:57 AM
And what happens to the player that is just good at parrying or has practiced va bots? Also in low level play heavys are thrown alot easy to parry for even a beginner. Also what if they are playing with friends and get wins easy to win with a full team your whole idea would only punish non smurfs more than the smurfs. The real answer is that there isn't one there will always be smurfs. Just have to deal I smurfed and loved finding try hard smurfs to crush.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
06-16-2019, 06:33 AM
Skill level apartheid...I vote in favor of smurfing to fight against tyrannical government.

UbiInsulin
06-16-2019, 07:22 PM
Make it where if someone who is rep 1 or 0 and they get more
wins than losses and records how many parries they get
it would force smurfs who are not in groups to face high level players
let's say ten or more parries with either 2 or 3 wins they get sent to high level
or the smurfs get a damage debuff when facing low skilled players
there should be a system like this in place to discourage smurfing
however if they are switching they get a damage debuff for at least 2 or 5 games
There should be a question saying have you played for honor before switching
and if they lied and said no but won over 20 matches they get their account removed

I'm not sure there is a system that measures successful parry rate over time, or whether this would be difficult to measure.

My other question would be this: over how much gameplay time do we measure this rate? Does it take less time than simply letting wins and losses happen and impact the player's skill rating? Is parry rate predictive enough of future Ws and Ls that it can serve as a substitute for actual Ws and Ls?

Liduras
06-16-2019, 08:43 PM
How can you know if they got their skills from other games and/or from the single player modes (story mode, training mode and matches against bots), or they are really smurfs?

LynxDynasty
06-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Yes. If they pay the money for it why not. Smurfing is a waste of money and good practice.

garr1999
06-18-2019, 04:42 AM
In personal experiences from different "comp" games the better a person plays
the more he faces tougher battles the current system is good at that
however I'd say bringing in successful parries into the datastream
combined with the win/loss ratio and skill rating but the skill rating is random
at best it doesn't have to happen immediately but the skill rating should be a
permanent rating not randomized it would fix a lot of problems with multiplayer matches
when finding good players to face

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
06-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Or they could just widen the player base per game to smooth out the curve....nay let's waste time tracking the smurf anomalies instead of fixing a broken part of the game which is the whole reason why matchmaking based on skill level has been such an issue since the game came out.

Here is the thing... The teams change up the next game so what difference does it make if there is a smurf? The smurf is on the other team you back out if not then stay in the game and win.

garr1999
06-18-2019, 04:18 PM
here's the thing tho your not using currency on pc
changing your gamertag nor paying for multiple copies
your not helping ubi by doing that and the playerbase
can't get any bigger when your just driving the new players away
think for a second I've stuck to my main account I know that
it's not fun playing against good players but it's a learning
experience besides what's the fun in playing against noobs
it's like playing against AI lvl 1's if you don't like facing good
players all the time then go play vs AI

garr1999
06-18-2019, 04:32 PM
for honor doesn't have 1 million players because smurfs
fabricated into the game are also counted
as players even if they didn't buy the game
so why is it that matchmaking isn't balanced
after 2 years of it because most of the people who bought it and/or got it
for "free" don't even play it and the playerbase isn't as big
as we'd all think it is

P.S. sry for the double post

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
06-18-2019, 05:00 PM
Ubi could have easily announced at e3 that they finally had a mass online multi-player game mode and gained more followers. Smurfs shouldn't be blamed for ubis lack of vision when it's competitors have already been well under way in this regard. Ubi dropped the ball a long time ago. Smurfs shouldn't be blamed for it nor be blamed for taking advantage of discounts in their purchases. There are many reasons a person would prefer smurfing like getting use to a rework or hating how their main was reworked, matchmaking being not accurate to there actual skill level and causing constant stress, getting use to a new character, playing with a noob friend ect. We dont know so we shouldn't clump them all together in one giant witch hunt.

garr1999
06-18-2019, 06:58 PM
I'm not blaming smurfs I'm just saying it's not healthy to a game
that's trying to fight it's way back to the crowd
I don't blame the for honor devs for how e3 turned
out however I do blame the higher ups in ubisoft for
not letting for honor get a chance to bring people
back

atac56
06-18-2019, 07:54 PM
smurfs exist is all multiplayer games. i dont think its anything to be concerned about in this game because the matchmaking isnt based on skill or level. and it certainly doesnt make me feel any better knowing someones rank when they destroy me. and another thing to consider is that maybe the person did the trainings and picked up the game quickly. when you learn how to parry youre straight

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
06-18-2019, 09:01 PM
I agree not all of ubisoft can be blamed nor is it really important as blame doesn't really solve anything. I just feel like smurfing is not an immediate issue or at least the issue could have been avoided all together therefore reacting to smurfing now is a bit like punishing the scapegoat. I wish the best for for honor, ubisoft, and all the players experiences. However since some smurfs are demonized for an atrocity they didn't really commit I am trying to be a voice for them. I'm certainly not saying all smurfs are guilt free and don't damage the game so on that I agree.

garr1999
06-18-2019, 10:50 PM
I can agree that the benefits of learning how to use reworked characters through
smurfing is a good thing your just trying to get the hang of certain characters
just make sure it doesn't turn into a bad experience for everyone else
I understand how frustating people can be as much as anyone
you do make a lot of good points and I commend you
for defending people that have been wrongfully blamed
and I hope that everyone sees this as an end of bad tides and a start
for good ones I wish the best of luck in the matches ahead

DiavoloPassi0ne
06-20-2019, 06:03 AM
I would say the amount of executions performed. It can be hard to get that heavy in on the last hit

FuncK_D
06-20-2019, 11:54 AM
I would say giving players the option of choosing the Bot lvl in PvAI can help newer people actually learn and grind without the massive frustration. As a current newer player, I began to become dumbfounded at how I couldn't grind against anything else other than lvl1 bots in PvAI that do absolutely nothing to help me learn/grind reactions, predictions, and mechanics, or getting thrown into matches against smurfs that completely shut me down so quickly I had no idea what the hell happened. Lvl 1 bots throw no GB's or anything of variety at any time.

I didn't even realize the smurf account thing was a problem until I started talking to someone over discord who explained this is an actual problem with lower rank/skill matches filled with people grinding whole new accounts per character for steel against newbs instead of one main account.

Smuggler007
06-20-2019, 04:09 PM
Um, don't these smurf accounts share the same IP address? How can FH's D-A-T-A not know how many account holders use the same IP address of each account? Each platform device has its own serial number. If Ubisoft or any gaming company as well as console providers wish to curtail this blue epidemic, then start there. And auto-ban gamers who use VPN. A lot will get cleaned up at least in the gaming world.

I doubt it will happen...

AmonDarkGod
06-20-2019, 04:24 PM
Smurf accounts or not. This further proves that reputation and level has nothing to do with skill