PDA

View Full Version : Possible to Add Hints/Information to Objectives?

TatCross
06-14-2019, 06:03 PM
Is it possible to add hints along with the Objective? Sort of like what Exploration Mode does. Where it gives hints to the location of the Objective but doesn’t show you in the map, forcing you to explore.

Like, say a character wants you to look for another character in Pephka. The Objective would say Sail to Pephka to find Character

But underneath it is:

- Character XYZ is held captive in XYZ bandit camp
- The Bandit Camp is west of the Arena

LoneWanderer994
06-16-2019, 09:31 PM
That's what I was wonderin too. Like the ability to add an objective where you have to use Ikaros to find someone/ something. I only play on exploration mode. Maybe they made it that way for the people who don't. Idk.

Alex.Maxater
06-16-2019, 09:52 PM
Would not it be a good idea to add a mercenary faction to faction & Archetype? The mercenary faction would be peaceful to all others or at least it would be the same as Civilian, and it would have several archetypes as well as the variety of mercenaries (being able to choose at least the weapon it would use).

Another thing is to put a scroll bar in the character choices box, in the mission objectives. For example, when I have 30 characters and I want to select the last one to be created, I have to use (ctrl -) to see it. I do not know if this is just me, but a scroll bar in adding characters to the goals would be pretty good.

It would be easier to navigate the Canvas if the "Hold the Mouse Wheel" grabs the screen to move rather than drag, it would have more control. Do for example equal to draw.io

Alex.Maxater
06-16-2019, 09:55 PM
You have to wait to see if they implement this in Story Creator Mode. Something I smart too:

Would not it be a good idea to add a mercenary faction to faction & Archetype? The mercenary faction would be peaceful to all others or at least it would be the same as Civilian, and it would have several archetypes as well as the variety of mercenaries (being able to choose at least the weapon it would use).

Another thing is to put a scroll bar in the character choices box, in the mission objectives. For example, when I have 30 characters and I want to select the last one to be created, I have to use (ctrl -) to see it. I do not know if this is just me, but a scroll bar in adding characters to the goals would be pretty good.

It would be easier to navigate the Canvas if the "Hold the Mouse Wheel" grabs the screen to move rather than drag, it would have more control. Do for example equal to draw.io

Ubi-RealDude
06-16-2019, 10:08 PM
Thank you for the various suggestions in here. I've seen something similar in the form of something akin to an inner monologue to give hints to the player as well!

LoneWanderer994
06-17-2019, 12:59 AM
I'm excited for whatever they add. I'm really enjoyin workin on my story and am thankful for it bein free. Thank you Ubisoft. I am guessin you can't do the find things with Ikaros yet, but like I said it's still really cool. Some people are just sayin gimme gimme and not just sittin back and enjoyin. I'm not sayin this thread, but the titles of some of the others that start like This Should've had and then list tons of cosmetics. -_-