PDA

View Full Version : why can another person not see my skin in on line mode?

kirk-zk
09-06-2006, 08:37 PM
I played a on line cooperation campaign that is created by DCG with my friends. I used a custom skin instead of a default one. but my friend can not see it. Anyone can tell me what is wrong. What I shoud adjust?
Thanks

vocatx
09-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Some friends and I do co-ops almost nightly. What we do is e-mail the skins beforehand and install them into their respective folders. That way, as soon as the mission loads, the skins will be visible. If you don't do that, the skins SHOULD begin to show at some point in the mission. If they aren't showing at all, you may want to post this question in the "Community Help" section.

VW-IceFire
09-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by kirk-zk:
I played a on line cooperation campaign that is created by DCG with my friends. I used a custom skin instead of a default one. but my friend can not see it. Anyone can tell me what is wrong. What I shoud adjust?
Thanks
Skin downloads for the server/host have to be on and for the people connecting to the coop as well.

kirk-zk
09-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Skin downloads for the server/host have to be on and for the people connecting to the coop as well.

That is my problem. How can I turn Skin downloads function on? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Snodrvr
09-06-2006, 10:35 PM
On your computer, go to the Pacific Fighters folder and click on PFsetup. Go over to the tab marked network and check the box labeled skin download.

I also think there is another place ingame you might check to turn skin wonload on.

As for turning it on when you run a server, no clue.

kirk-zk
09-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks for your help. I will try it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fighterduck
09-07-2006, 07:20 AM
but on normal dogfight server others can see you skin or they have to have it?

VW-IceFire
09-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Fighterduck:
Again...

If the server has skin downloads set to ON and you have skin downloads set to ON and the other guy has skin downloads set to ON...then yes.

If the server has it disabled then nobody can see anyone elses custom skins regardless of if they have the same one or not.

kirk-zk
09-07-2006, 07:54 PM
I tried it last night. everything is ok, we can saw the custom skins each other.

Tully__
09-12-2006, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fighterduck:
Again...

If the server has skin downloads set to ON and you have skin downloads set to ON and the other guy has skin downloads set to ON...then yes.

If the server has it disabled then nobody can see anyone elses custom skins regardless of if they have the same one or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Also note that skin downloads are set withing the game at very low priority. Sometimes it can take 30-40 minutes for a skin to transfer so even with everyone having the setting turned on it may take a long time before a custom skin shows up.

-HH-Quazi
09-12-2006, 06:22 AM
And also remember that all the skins your m8s use that is picked up by your game will be put into the Net\Cache folder. So if you see you game folder growing by leaps and bounds, don't be alarmed as you are picking up and storing every skin that the m8s you are flying with are wearing.