PDA

View Full Version : Quest Triggers from Main Game?

ParadoxPandox
06-12-2019, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know if we can check to see if a player has completed a main game quest? I want the quest I'm making to be dependent on whether a very late-game quest has been completed and what outcome it took. If this isn't a feature right now, that's fine; I'll find a workaround, but I'd really like this to be present in the story creator.

xBlutkatze
06-12-2019, 11:56 PM
If I got you correctly: You want to add a Variable for a Main Game Quest to be added to your Quest, so it will base on the choices of the player in the Main Quest Line? (I'm not sure if this sounds more clearly, but hope makes sense ^^")

So far, I've only have seen people writing g "Takes place after XXX Quest" or "You have to completed XXX first". Adding variables from the main game can be a lot and also confusing, but I can see why you want this, and maybe there will be a work around added somehow. Otherwise you can somehow work around with it with dialogues.

JJohn2000
07-12-2019, 12:37 PM
You can do what I did in my Quest. That is, to have another NPC subtly ask the Eagle bearer about the choices regarding the main story quest you want and store it as a variable. You can ask whether he did complete so and so quest and what choices he made. This is as close to a solution we will get as Ubisoft currently has no plans to integrate the main story variables into SCM.
Check out my quest where Myrrine asks MC about Deimos so I can input that into my story.

Name: Odyssey Of A Thousand Tales - Episode 1
Link to the story: https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/s...20de9a00c44946

Ubi-RealDude
07-12-2019, 10:46 PM
I appreciate the detail answer and possible workarounds/solutions, you two.

ParadoxPandox, I'll make a note of your feedback, but at the moment the above answers are indeed the best and most direct ways of accomplishing what you're looking for.