PDA

View Full Version : X52 THROTTLE QUESTION

Chris0382
08-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I want to get a throttle for using as a mouse viewer. The X52 is sold at my local Bestbuy. I have 2 questions.

Can I just use the throttle with my CH Prod combaststick or does the joystick also need to be connected. I may sell the JS on ebay.

Does the X52 Throttle have a true analog hat so I can use it for good mouse viewing. The 8-way hats are not cutting it on my CH Prod sticks for mouse viewing.

Or should I just set aside my Combat stick or sell that ?

TheFamilyMan
08-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Chris0382:
I want to get a throttle for using as a mouse viewer. The X52 is sold at my local Bestbuy. I have 2 questions.

Can I just use the throttle with my CH Prod combaststick or does the joystick also need to be connected. I may sell the JS on ebay.

Does the X52 Throttle have a true analog hat so I can use it for good mouse viewing. The 8-way hats are not cutting it on my CH Prod sticks for mouse viewing.

Or should I just set aside my Combat stick or sell that ? I all you want is a 'mouse viewer' using a X52 throttle, consider using that money instead to get a TrackIR (http://www.gogamer.com/TrackIR-4--Pro-Premium-Optical-Head-Tracker-Joysticks_stcVVproductId5589599VVcatId444857VVview prod.htm). It rocks!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

If you really are going to use that throttle for a throttle, you can setup its hat (analog? - don't know) for viewing or use its 'mouse stick' for mouse controlled viewing. And as for CH stick compatibility I've read other posts that say it is possible but I really can't say either way.

Urufu_Shinjiro
08-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Chris0382:

Or should I just set aside my Combat stick or sell that ?

You can use the throttle with your ch stick but the x52 stick cannot be sold as it needs to be connected to the throttle to work. You don't need the stick connected to use the throttle though but I use it as extra buttons. The mouse mini-stick on the X52 throttle is indeed very good for view control, it's been referred to as the poor mans trackir, lol.

Chris0382
08-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Great. I have a bestbuy near me and can try it out and return it without shipping expenses if needed. The 6DOF mouse mod is great with the mouse and hopefully better with a mouse-stick on the throttle.

Cant hurt to try.

jayhall0315
08-16-2008, 09:35 AM
You could also consider taking a look at the CH Products Pro Throttle (uses a USB connection). It is usually about $95 -110 online (try www.pricegrabber.com (http://www.pricegrabber.com) for the best prices). It will perfectly compliment your CombatStick and has its own mini-joystick that can be used as a mouse (i.e the 'poor man's Track IR'). It is both more durable and better built than the X-52 throttle.

Jay

Chris0382
08-16-2008, 08:44 PM
CH throttle is better but lacks 3 analog sliders-axis that I need.