PDA

View Full Version : Cannot capture catalog prison after losing it to legion

Cr34Tor0fGODs
06-12-2019, 04:49 AM
I lost a catalog prison because I let legion grow too strong that they destroyed all the defender in the prison. When I cleared the area, the prison didn't return to me, and there is nothing to interact with to initiate the process. If I remember correctly, I needed to interact something in the catalog prison to start waves of bandits to capture the place.
I hope this issue can be fixed.

kontyckm
06-17-2019, 08:51 AM
I also have this problem, but it does not just happen with prison.
He is giving me on the planet Vylus.
I hope they get a patch to fix the error.

katukinabarra
09-14-2019, 10:03 AM
As far as I know, ruins don't get unconquered by enemy attacks, what has been conquered should remain like that.

I am not sure but I think this issue has appeared after a patch or something.

I need a fix for this as well...

Auld_Jack
10-17-2019, 02:16 AM
Someone on Reddit claims that it's not Legion that's the problem, it's predation by Sloop Tanks. They said that sloop tanks moved in and took out all the Prospector Guard. That when that happens in ordinary ruins they only need to drive the outlaws back out to get the Prospector Guard back, but when it happens in sensor arrays and prisons, they're stuck. Even re-hacking a sensor array doesn't do the job.

I normally play on Easy, so I've never seen Sloop Tanks that powerful and I have no personal experience. But I can imagine that on higher difficulty levels, it might happen.

UbiDork
10-17-2019, 04:55 AM
Auld_Jack: Thanks for that information! I appreciate you doing a bit of digging for that!

For all those still having this issue: Are you able to provide video clips of what you're encountering for review?

Koopa15
02-18-2020, 10:32 PM
Auld_Jack: Thanks for that information! I appreciate you doing a bit of digging for that!

For all those still having this issue: Are you able to provide video clips of what you're encountering for review?

I hate to bump an old thread but is anything being done about this issue? I just discovered this bug myself and I heard ion Reddit that it also affects some locations on Ashar too. We need this fixed asap if at all possible so I hope you guys can work a speedy fix if possible.

UbiDork
02-20-2020, 02:56 AM
Koopa15: Hi there! No worries at all, I'm more than happy to assist you with this! As you can see we had requested videos of this issue. Do you have any that you can provide at this time?

Koopa15
02-20-2020, 08:31 PM
Koopa15: Hi there! No worries at all, I'm more than happy to assist you with this! As you can see we had requested videos of this issue. Do you have any that you can provide at this time?

No I dont sadly this computer of mine isnt very good so making a video of the issue would be incredibly difficult to do.

Ubi-Raziel
02-21-2020, 12:11 AM
No I dont sadly this computer of mine isnt very good so making a video of the issue would be incredibly difficult to do.

Not to worry, thank you for trying.

We don't have much information about this issue as we've not received any media from players, however I have reported it to the dev team with everything I have.

I'll let you know once I learn more!

thatgirlNetwork
03-19-2020, 07:45 PM
Give a bit and I'll have some evidence. Going to record various bugged parts of the game.

I can't get tru visual evidence of the lack of Elite Outlaws in space, because enemies move a lot, especially in groups, making it difficult to know if they are there or not.
But it very much seems I am locked out of the To The Metal paint job.

I'm also disappointed I can't clone paint jobs like other mods. Especially since some can only be obtained once, or are very rare, but I want to use the paint jobs on multiple ships.

There's no option to copy save slots. I would like copy my third slot to my first.

While not a bug, it'd be nice if the end game had "peace" and "war" modes, that you could swap between in options during gameplay while in the end game.

Gonna go record that footage now.
────────────────
↓Added afterwards↓
────────────────
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n5ohf5zhc5f6ajf/AACv6Pso7HcOh7hakV7gx2Hka?dl=0

At the time of this edit, that URL goes to a folder with five videos.

Two are related directly with Catalog Prison. Due to Nintendo Switch apparently only saves a maximun 29.6 seconds, I could only save in snippits. When I first picked up the object, I was attacked by Crush Imps. Sadly, picking up the item again and looking to see if the place updated without the cinematic view and then holding screen capture took 30ish seconds.

Two more videos are somewhat related, but only by location. Catalog Prison is the only location I recall having dialogue issues. In one case, a facility NPC speaks up, as if I'm close. In the other, the dialogue for retreating from Dreadnaughts plays, instead of the usual dialogue for one being seen within Atlas.

The remaining video is a different planet entirely, but is a bug none the less. Additionaly, in that video, I can't find the loot cache at the location I'm shown to be. It's the shuttle with a name.
I assume there's a loot cache, since I apparently already took the Outlaw Core.

guest-9NYxv35D
04-25-2020, 04:41 PM
Hello, I have the same problème with catalog prison, I hope that it will be fixed...

Ubi-Raziel
05-08-2020, 07:17 PM
Give a bit and I'll have some evidence. Going to record various bugged parts of the game.

I can't get tru visual evidence of the lack of Elite Outlaws in space, because enemies move a lot, especially in groups, making it difficult to know if they are there or not.
But it very much seems I am locked out of the To The Metal paint job.

I'm also disappointed I can't clone paint jobs like other mods. Especially since some can only be obtained once, or are very rare, but I want to use the paint jobs on multiple ships.

There's no option to copy save slots. I would like copy my third slot to my first.

While not a bug, it'd be nice if the end game had "peace" and "war" modes, that you could swap between in options during gameplay while in the end game.

Gonna go record that footage now.
────────────────
↓Added afterwards↓
────────────────
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n5ohf5zhc5f6ajf/AACv6Pso7HcOh7hakV7gx2Hka?dl=0

At the time of this edit, that URL goes to a folder with five videos.

Two are related directly with Catalog Prison. Due to Nintendo Switch apparently only saves a maximun 29.6 seconds, I could only save in snippits. When I first picked up the object, I was attacked by Crush Imps. Sadly, picking up the item again and looking to see if the place updated without the cinematic view and then holding screen capture took 30ish seconds.

Two more videos are somewhat related, but only by location. Catalog Prison is the only location I recall having dialogue issues. In one case, a facility NPC speaks up, as if I'm close. In the other, the dialogue for retreating from Dreadnaughts plays, instead of the usual dialogue for one being seen within Atlas.

The remaining video is a different planet entirely, but is a bug none the less. Additionaly, in that video, I can't find the loot cache at the location I'm shown to be. It's the shuttle with a name.
I assume there's a loot cache, since I apparently already took the Outlaw Core.

Thank you for all of your feedback!

I will take the time to review the videos and then pass them on to our team for investigation.

Your suggestions are also much appreciated!

Hello, I have the same problème with catalog prison, I hope that it will be fixed...

We don't have any further information regarding this issue I'm afraid. The team have been made aware and we'll let players know once we learn more!

JarrodMakin
05-08-2020, 09:57 PM
I have also experienced similar in a recent playthrough of the game. I have lost the catalog prision, which I believe happened after a prime landed on the planet.

On a different save file I have lost a pioneer wreckage on Sonatus, I seem to recall it was a crashed drake prior to playing after the Crimson moon update.

I may be dreaming the next bit, but I thought I had seen my percentage drop to 97% on haven, but return to 100% after some time.

I've also seen 99% of all the space debris, and found what looks like a phantom light source near a rock near Kirite, there is no salvagable debris nearby.

Ubi-Viral
05-09-2020, 06:36 PM
I have also experienced similar in a recent playthrough of the game. I have lost the catalog prision, which I believe happened after a prime landed on the planet.

On a different save file I have lost a pioneer wreckage on Sonatus, I seem to recall it was a crashed drake prior to playing after the Crimson moon update.

I may be dreaming the next bit, but I thought I had seen my percentage drop to 97% on haven, but return to 100% after some time.

I've also seen 99% of all the space debris, and found what looks like a phantom light source near a rock near Kirite, there is no salvagable debris nearby.

Thank you for providing this additional information and sorry to hear that you are also experiencing a similar issue. As advised the team are looking into this and we will update you once there is more information.

Thank you.

Lild7002
07-02-2020, 07:10 PM
I'm also having the same bugs as well could it be the game and the dlc it self

Ubi-Karl
07-03-2020, 05:17 PM
I'm also having the same bugs as well could it be the game and the dlc it self

Hey Lild7002,

Thanks for reaching out, welcome to forums and I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing the issue too.

As it stands, we currently do not have any further updates on the matter, however as soon as we do, details will be posted here, in our official forums.

I do apologise about the inconvenience this is causing in the meantime.

Lild7002
07-07-2020, 11:27 PM
In think I found out why I couldn't take back the catalog if you put to many starlink Towers

Ubi-Borealis
07-08-2020, 11:57 AM
In think I found out why I couldn't take back the catalog if you put to many starlink Towers

Thank you for sharing this, Lild7002!

Lild7002
07-15-2020, 12:58 AM
Sorry about that I might have miscalculated

Lild7002
07-16-2020, 10:30 PM
I think when I can't get back the catalog prison it must be from the upgrades

Ubi-Woofer
07-31-2020, 05:02 PM
Hello everyone,

After consulting the Starlink: Battle For Atlas team, I can now confirm that we don’t have any news regarding this issue as no further updates or patches are planned at this stage.

As such, I am unable to confirm whether a fix for this issue will be released in the future. Should any further updates or patches be release for the game, we'll be sure to advise here on the forums as to their contents.

I apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused, and thank you all for your understanding.