PDA

View Full Version : Feature Suggestions

cwbtc
06-11-2019, 02:10 PM
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where everyone can list the features they'd like to see added to the tool. So yeah, here's my list so far. I'm sure more will be added as I play around some more with the tool. I'm also sure that some of these will be more complicated to implement than I'm assuming but oh well. (There's also a slim chance that some of these are already in the tool and I merely haven't found them yet?)

Add your sibling as an NPC: Right now, there's no way to add Kassandra or Alexios as an NPC which is a bit of a shame as they are featured as NPCs in the main game. Would be nice to be able to interact with your sibling in user created stories, too.
Add an objective for retrieving/stealing items: At the moment you can only destroy objects but I think it would be nice to be able to specify items to steal, as well. The easiest way to do this would probably be to just let creators specify a chest in the game that the item should be placed in.
Add a time-of-day setting: Sometimes creators may want to specify a time of day for their quest for story reasons so it'd be cool to be able to do that.
Add additional fail states: For example, it'd be nice to be able to specify that a quest can only be defeated stealthily so you could trigger a quest failure if the player enters combat/is detected by enemies. And there could be any number of similar options like triggering a failure if the player enters water or if they get below/above a certain altitude,...
Add Adrestia as a choosable destination.
Add music triggers: Music is such a powerful tool for setting moods and Assassin's Creed: Odyssey has a really nice soundtrack. It'd be awesome to be able to leverage that for our own quests. It could maybe also be simplified by just letting creators choose from a list of pre-defined moods (i.e. "combat", "stealth", "sad", "romantic",...) with the game picking a suitable track for that mood or sth.
Add post-processing triggers: Basically the same as the music triggers. Would be nice to simulate certain moods using post-processing (from going all old-school by making your quest black-and-white or artsy by giving it crazy psychedelic colours to simulating injury/sickness/drunkenness, this could be both a fun and useful one - though, of course, one would be limited by what's already implemented for the main game).
Add readable letters/documents: Would be nice to be able to write our own documents for players to read. This would tie into the item retrieving mechanic (as you'd need to frist retrieve a document to be able to read it). You should also be able to receive letters from characters during dialogues, though (for example: I talk to Myrrine, she hands me a letter from someone else, I can read the letter). Maybe just use variables to manage document possession?
Add investigations/tracking: This one's probably impossible to implement since the way investigations work in the game is so heavily tied to specifically designed locations but if there is some way it can be done, that would be amazing.
Add random/custom NPCs: Probably another pipe dream but I'm assuming there was some sort of character creator used for many of the minor NPCs used in the game? It would be incredible to be able to use something like that to create our own NPCs. (Maybe it'd be more manageable if we only got a "generate random" button and clicked it until we got an NPC we liked? That way there wouldn't need to be an actual character creator interface in the story tool but I don't know, probably still too compliated :p.)

So that's what I've got so far. Everyone else feel free to post our own suggestions :)!

HippieSoulPunx
06-11-2019, 03:20 PM
All good suggestions! Hopefully as it goes on they add more features to it. I especially want the customisable NPC option (as well as maybe other characters from past AC games for fun) because frankly, I want Bayek to pop up haha. But yeah I think that would be great.

Spik3dPandora
06-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Great suggestions!

I'd also add the conversation icons to the conversation editor, such as Lie, Flirt, Fight and so on. That way we can show more clearly to the players what the dialogue option means without having to add it to the actual text.

longjohn119
06-11-2019, 06:20 PM
I was thinking some sort of "mood music" but mainly during the dialog because unlike the rest of a quest there isn't even any environmental noise just silence and it's a bit immersion breaking .... Even a dozen "loops" of varying moods we could choose from would make a big difference. Having background music all the time would get a bit monotonous after a while without a large selection which wouldn't be practical ..... A dozen loops we could choose from to play during dialog only would be fairly easy to implement in a design system like this

FylkirPanzer
06-11-2019, 06:31 PM
On top of those suggestions, I'd like to also see things like level design or manipulation, i.e. setting villages to states like "on fire" or "rubble" etc. if possible to set some serious moods for battles or skirmish based stories.

Additionally, I'd like to be able to include soldier NPCs like Hoplites and Strategoi, etc. and even DLC soldiers (Persians and Elysium Guardians) into the mix, maybe as a slider for number of soldiers. For instance, fighting through X number of enemies while leading X number of troops.

Conquest battles would be a pretty neat addition, especially in areas it's not normally done. I'd like to fight at Thermopylae or in a town or city (within reason)

BLiNNeMaNS
06-11-2019, 11:32 PM
closed off region with alternate rules closing off a region and thereby create the ability to clear the spawns in that region would be really useful. (especially combined with the ability to add your own spawns with their own rulesets)
compare it with the missions/heists in GTAV. (dibs on Grand Theft Horseback ;) ) where you can reuse a fortress for a different storyline with different enemy npc's and rescue/submissions

"is mounted" variable this would allow horse/boat races and fail the player/mission if they dismount (or reverse: block the use of them during missions)

cwbtc
06-12-2019, 01:24 AM
Some excellent suggestions! Being able to spawn generic enemies and reusing fortresses and such would be most useful. And the conversation icons would also be a great little addition that probably wouldn't be very difficult to implement. I've thought of a few more things, as well:

Add options around outfits/wearable items: It'd be cool to be able to specify that Alexios/Kassandra must have a specific item equipped (be that clothing or gear) to fulfill a certain objective. It could also be useful to specify an outfit that they will automatically be switched into upon starting a quest (or at a specified point in a quest). For example, you have a quest that involves infiltrating a Spartan camp and blending in with the soldiers there? You could first talk to your Athenian quest giver who provides you with a Spartan set of armour. In the creator tool, you could then specify that Alexios'/Kassandra's outfit will automatically be switched to this armour once the dialogue with the quest giver ends.*
Add inventory features: Just generally getting more control over the inventory (being able to add items to it or set variables/branches based on what's in the inventory) would be useful. I realise that removing items may be a problem. Perhaps that could be limited so a story creator can only remove those items from a player's inventory that they'd previously added to it in that same story. (Or just give the player a separate inventory "instance" for the duration of the story and revert it back to its original state after the story is completed. That way we could also create stories where Alexios/Kassandra are stripped of all their items, etc.)
Add character payment: Our main character is a misthios, after all, so it would make sense to create quests that involve them getting paid for contracts. I realise that you do receive money automatically upon completing a quest but in some cases, you may want to have a character give you money in the middle or even the beginning of a quest so it'd be nice to be able to manually specify this.
Add non-lethal fights: Pretty self-explanatory. Fights that end when an NPC still has a set amount of health left. Maybe the creator could specify what should happen then: trigger a dialogue sequence, leave the NPC lying/kneeling on the ground, have the NPC run away,...
Add tailing objective: Another objective that could be quite useful: tailing a specific NPC to specified destination. Quest fails if you get too close to them or they get too far away.
Add chase objective: Similarly, an objective where you have to chase a specific NPC. Quest fails if they get too far away and succeeds once you corner them/get them in a fight.
Add "hidden" destinations: In the main game, there are some destinations that are only described, not marked on the map, and the player has to find them based on the description. Would be nice to be able to create these kinds of "hidden" destinations with our own descriptions, as well.

*(Or it could even be more free-form than that. The quest-giver just tells you to infiltrate and you can either go in "guns blazing" or you can find some lone Spartan outside the camp, kill him, steal his armour and walk into the camp undetected. Sorry, that's not really part of the feature suggestion anymore, just me spitballing how you could use such a feature :p.)

lagrue
06-12-2019, 02:53 AM
Here are my suggestions from my thread:
1. Allow poses outside of dialogue. I.e. let an NPC be sitting before we talk to them, as it stands now they only use animations when in dialogue.

2. We need a way to spawn fodder units, animals - basically non-unique NPCs that can be spammed as much as we want without touching the character slot limitations.

3. More Freedom on NPC and "GoTo" placements. Predefined points are alright, but too restricting.

4. Some clothing and alternate facial preset options (since I doubt a full custom editor would be available, this is the next best thing.)

5. A way to dispose of followers. We can take them on - we need a way to get rid of them too.

6. Placeable Destructible Objects - not just predefined ones.

7. A trigger to kill NPCs - i.e. if I have a dying guy on the ground, he should be able to die on his own without player interaction

8. Additive and Subtractive variables - very odd its not a thing, but as it stands we can only set variables. This is a basic function of all development tools, so its weird Ubisoft left this out and only gave us the option to set variables.

9. A scroll bar in the submenus. You cannot assign characters 16-30 to dialogue because there's no way to scroll down that list, for whatever reason. (This is true for all places you assign characters to do anything. Without a scroll bar the last half of characters are inaccessible for everything.

lordoflinks
06-12-2019, 04:24 AM
Thank you for the Story Creator Tool and Mode! I also have some feedback on it:
All the above suggestions are really good, but I would also like to add that more of the absent NPCs should be added into the mode:
-> It is so disappointing Deimos is not currently an option as a NPC, as I was looking forward to playing stories that had the Eagle Bearer working together with their sibling if they succeeded in redeeming them.
-> For instance, Sophocles is not currently an option which is sad as both Euripides and Aristophanes are, so you can't currently create a quest with all 3 of them
-> There is no Phiobe :(
-> It would be great if we could get some 'generic' NPCs as well such as the generic Athenian and Spartan soldiers, Hunters of Artemis, Cultist Guards and Bandits, as well as generic civilians, as that allow a bit more flexibility
-> It would be lovely if we could use the Isu characters in quests, so that way if we want to involve the Gods in some way, we have good NPCs to use for them. For instance, I am currently trying to create a story based on Euripides' play Ion, and it would be great if I could use Alethiea's model to represent Athena who pops up at the end of the play.
-> Adding support for DLC characters and enemies would be great. That way, we can involve the Persians in our quests, and it would be very very cool if we could use Darius.

I also hope an objective for retrieving/stealing items is added and a trigger to control the time of the day a quest starts a are also added in.

xBlutkatze
06-12-2019, 09:16 AM
I guess getting support for DLC Characters and Assets would limit the tool to those who also bought the Season Pass or the DLCs seperately. To keep it available for everyone those couldn't be implemented. Although personally I would love to create an Isu Questline in the Greece!

My suggestions for the tool are basically these:

-> Add the respective Icons to the Dialogue Options, so we can mark them properly

-> For romance options: Maybe adding a "Fade to Black" Screen, so we can live up our imagination and return to the dialogue later, indicating something romantic has happened

-> Tweaking Enemys: I would love to create Enemys that are a real challenge for the player. So I would love to add some traits to them like "only weak to fire", "dealing 2 times damage", "changing attack pattern in phase 2". Give them a real Boss feeling!

-> Also what was suggestedd above: Stealing Items, implementing letters, stealth options, tracking and tracing.

I love this tool so much and I hope some things will be added, so it will improve!

shaylovespahi
06-12-2019, 11:00 AM
I just started seeing the story portals but why are mine all in another language!!! It’s driving me nuts! I have no idea what there saying all my settings are in English but the story portals are not! Please someone shed some light on this please driving me nuts no info online that I can see???

Daredemo
06-12-2019, 12:44 PM
The ability to add generics is vital. The kill objective is a joke as it stands. Also, it would be great to be able to pick random mercenaries from the pack, even if we can't make a custom one. Since they're pretty much the cream of the crop as far as enemies go.

Right now, this is a bit too restrictive. It doesn't need to be a full-on mod engine, but the ability to spawn fodder and edit enemies somehow is a must for a thing like this.

TatCross
06-12-2019, 01:41 PM
I haven’t tried out the Story Creator website yet, but from what I saw there’s no options to use the Adrestia—for example, let’s say your quest-giver wants you to sink...3 Spartan ships in order for the quest to continue. That way, we have the use of the ship mechanics as well. Strange that it wasn’t added right off the bat. Either we board or sink the ships and that progresses the quest in certain ways.

Use of underwater mechanics would be fun—retrieval of sunken stuff or going after sharks. Collecting resources for an NPC quest-line would be fun. Like hunting a certain animal or collecting a certain amount of resources in order for a quest-giver to give us information.

A lot of the above suggestions are awesome! I’d love to be able to have to infiltrate a certain way or receive payment midway and that leads to something else or be able to read letters and explore a certain area for clues. Those are small things but that also helps to flesh out a potential quest-line. Also gives you more choices on what your misthios can choose to do.

I’m still trying to figure out what the Integer and Boolian variables are. What it does in the context of the Story Mode.

cwbtc
06-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Add option to trigger dialogues automatically: It would be nice to be able to trigger dialogues without needing the player to activate them manually. For example, you reach a destination and a dialogue is triggered automatically without you needing to walk up to a character and press a button. Or one dialogue ends and you trigger another dialogue automatically so it looks like one scene. Or you complete a kill objective and a dialogue triggers automatically. And so on :p.
Add a counter/increment function: This one would be very versatile. Basically just being able to increment integer variables. Could be used for all kinds of things like having specific events trigger after you've completed a certain number of unordered objectives or after you've picked a certain number of dialogue choices, etc.

BLiNNeMaNS
06-12-2019, 04:06 PM
Add tailing objective: Another objective that could be quite useful: tailing a specific NPC to specified destination. Quest fails if you get too close to them or they get too far away.
Add chase objective: Similarly, an objective where you have to chase a specific NPC. Quest fails if they get too far away and succeeds once you corner them/get them in a fight.

thought of this as well, didn't know how to formulate properly. (or how to implement) but i think it's easiest if there's a "catch up" variable..
similar to when your tame is slower than you and you're on a horse.. it despawns and reappears closer to you when it's almost out of render..
that var, if made available, can probably be used to accomplish both ideas you mentioned

currently it's random quests in any language (i'd rather be able to preselect languages i know), quests named test, bad grammar and childish storylines etc slowly filling the map, i'd like to pick which ones to test out.. (and maybe add an X amount of random quests based on my own preferences)

The_Ness
06-12-2019, 05:04 PM
A lot of good suggestions already made. My priority would be to at least be able to duplicate the generic game missions. i.e. Kill 5 bandits, kill 7 archers or sink two ships. Also a few usable generic quest items to be collected and/or delivered from chests, shipwrecks etc.
I will also add my vote to the custom clothes and general NPCs like bandits, bodyguards, priestesses etc.
Would be nice to be able to do something as simple as "go see this priestess of Athena, deliver to her a message, be sent by her to wipe out some bandits" should be manageable

Tao_Khan
06-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Is there a way to link stories together like you do with quest. if not add this feature for better organization.

GlaciusKI1
06-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Voiceover.

I'd like a way to do the actual voice for the lines of dialogue used in the Story. I've done voiceover professionally and it feels weird to not be able to add that to these custom stories for the game.

Greenylie
06-12-2019, 08:44 PM
I wanted to suggest a lot of things, but as I saw you already did it so that's my thoughts on some everyday life improvements:

Story Creator Tool:

Box Groups to organize everything without losing readability.
Comments to explain different paths with conditions, or just to note something to do.
Loop dialogs to create multiple-choices dialogs perfect for investigations or things like that. (At the moment is possible with some tweaks and a condition box, but at the end, it is horrible looking, cause bridges have fixed direction so the wires are so crossed)

In-Game:

Fly-mode? It could be useful for people that are creating big journeys or something like that.
Date on Drafts/Published stories. Self-explanatory.

Aya042
06-12-2019, 08:58 PM
5. A way to dispose of followers. We can take them on - we need a way to get rid of them too.

Not sure what you mean by "dispose of", but you can use the "Stop operator" to stop an NPC from following the player and a "Travel" behavior to move them somewhere else.

Rhinala
06-12-2019, 09:21 PM
An icon for a cave or a tomb.
The ability to place enemies in a tomb or a cave in order to create a mini dungeon.
Neutral camps that the player can populate, a camp with cages and some big tents.

lagrue
06-12-2019, 09:36 PM
Not sure what you mean by "dispose of", but you can use the "Stop operator" to stop an NPC from following the player and a "Travel" behavior to move them somewhere else.

I looked at the Stop Operator command but from what I saw it didn't affect Following - only travel and attack behaviors. Even now when I pull it up, there is no option to just stop the Following. That said I did learn last night about the travel command and just sending people away, thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it.

Aya042
06-12-2019, 10:00 PM
I looked at the Stop Operator command but from what I saw it didn't affect Following - only travel and attack behaviors.

Strange. It works for me...

https://i.imgur.com/mOBZDEz.png

May not be available for selection if the follow behavior was added in a different quest.

Suxmyfinger
06-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Actually adding whole editor into the game itself would be much, much better, with the designer we currently have + in-game map editor, possibilities could be greater and players could be also more detailed.

lagrue
06-12-2019, 10:23 PM
Strange. It works for me...

May not be available for selection if the follow behavior was added in a different quest.

Very strange indeed, I am assuming I must be facing a bug then :/

cwbtc
06-13-2019, 12:12 AM
Add ability to copy-paste blocks: For example, maybe I've made a dialogue sequence and I want to create a second variation of it. At the moment, I would have to recreate the whole sequence from scratch. It would be nice to simply be able to copy-paste the sequence block I've already made instead.
Add a zoom in/out function for the editor graph: It's not uncommon for dialogue graphs to get so big that they don't fit on the screen all at once. It'd be handy to have the option to zoom out/in to get a better overview of your graphs.

xBlutkatze
06-13-2019, 12:12 AM
Some things that came into my mind during the evening:

- adding the possibility of an Monologue: Either as a recap at the start of a Quest or after a talk to an NPC, it would be nice if the Player could mumble words to themselves.

- "Choice" Shortcut: Right now we can either replay a full conversation, choose different paths or get stuck. I wanted to create a way to replay only the part with crucial information for the next part of the Quest (When/Where/How often, for example) and make only this accessible, and not replay the whole amount of dialogue I added beforehand. The feature was in the main game - re-entering a dialogue and only got the choice option the gather more informations.

I tried to tweak around that, but ended up in only adding another Objective in the Questlog. Would be cool if this would be possible!

cwbtc
06-13-2019, 12:49 AM
Some things that came into my mind during the evening:

- adding the possibility of an Monologue: Either as a recap at the start of a Quest or after a talk to an NPC, it would be nice if the Player could mumble words to themselves.

- "Choice" Shortcut: Right now we can either replay a full conversation, choose different paths or get stuck. I wanted to create a way to replay only the part with crucial information for the next part of the Quest (When/Where/How often, for example) and make only this accessible, and not replay the whole amount of dialogue I added beforehand. The feature was in the main game - re-entering a dialogue and only got the choice option the gather more informations.

I tried to tweak around that, but ended up in only adding another Objective in the Questlog. Would be cool if this would be possible!

Can you not set a variable in the dialogue, at the end of the first conversation, then check for that variable at the beginning of that dialogue (inside the dialogue itself, not in the quest graph) using a condition? Sort of like this:
https://i.imgur.com/h02RuzB.png

I think that should more or less do what you want, I think?

But yeah, totally agreed on the monologues! Would be cool if we could get the option to either make them normal dialogue sequences (with a close-up of the protagonist) or just have them play as subtitles during normal gameplay.

lagrue
06-13-2019, 04:46 AM
I thought of some new features I would like - I did not browse everybody's comments so there may be some overlap:

1. Ability to place boats and horses

2. Region Names on the editor's map, just to make it easier to write around locations

3. An ability to put a finite number chests per quest, as defined by ubisoft

4. Item Rewards at the end of the quest, as well as potentially from #3 - with drop tables as defined by ubisoft

5. The ability to talk to more than 1 NPC at a time - noticed you can't

6. Ability to select boss archetypes for enemies. I mean, we all need a main villain but if he dies like any old soldier, well what's the point.

7. Invisible Quest Objectives - no marker shows up, but allows hints on-screen like the in-game quests do sometimes.

8. Children NPCs for quests - obviously with the killable tag disabled for everybody and locked.

9. If a zone is shown on the map as a zone for default encounters (spartans, animals, etc.) - allow us to disable their spawns to place our own. I tried using the Silver Mine near Mount Koryphe as a spawn and my NPC enemies got murked by the enemies inside.

JaelleG
06-13-2019, 09:01 AM
* Add option to trigger dialogues automatically:
I think if you're using the "Zone"-Quest Starter the Dialog's starting automatically... Maybe try and let me know if I'm right? :)

cwbtc
06-13-2019, 01:38 PM
* Add option to trigger dialogues automatically:
I think if you're using the "Zone"-Quest Starter the Dialog's starting automatically... Maybe try and let me know if I'm right? :)

I don't believe so. Haven't tried Zone quest starters yet but they basically appear to be Go To objectives and I've used Go To objectives before with Talk objectives directly afterwards and I had to manually trigger the conversation after reaching the Go To destination.

threenugstall
06-13-2019, 02:01 PM
I don't believe so. Haven't tried Zone quest starters yet but they basically appear to be Go To objectives and I've used Go To objectives before with Talk objectives directly afterwards and I had to manually trigger the conversation after reaching the Go To destination.

I've tried this and it doesn't auto trigger a dialogue.

threenugstall
06-13-2019, 02:03 PM
Also, I might have missed it but something I'd like to see is some of the animations already in-game available for story creator.
Especially in regards to relationship oriented quests, whether it be friend/enemy/romance.

TatCross
06-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Not sure if I saw this suggested yet (probably has, so forgive the repetition): The ability for NPCs and the player to receive Quest Items and to add custom names to those quest items. For example, one idea for part of a Story was for the misthios to recover a NPC’s stolen sword from another NPC, and depending on if the player accepted to get sword, to have it appear in a Quest Item square that appears onscreen when they’re given/picked up. Let’s say the sword belonged to a character named Orrin. So the quest item name would be: Orrin’s Sword.

Rhinala
06-13-2019, 04:09 PM
i think that there should be a trigger that will start conversation between two NPCs, it can be great to gather more bits about the story.

cwbtc
06-13-2019, 04:36 PM
i think that there should be a trigger that will start conversation between two NPCs, it can be great to gather more bits about the story.

Once the issues with creating dialogues featuring more than one NPC are ironed out, we should be able to do that with the current system. Just add two (or more) NPCs to a normal talk objective and don't give the player character any lines. Of course, it would be nice to be able to trigger them automatically, rather than always requiring the player to trigger them manually. Hopefully, that ability will be added for all dialogues at some point.

And I thought of a few more possible features:

Add the ability to teleport the player character to a specified destination: Maybe you want to have your story move from one place to another quickly without showing the protagonist travelling from A to B. Would be nice to be able to maybe also specify a transition: fade to black, cut to black - maybe just give us a colour picker so we can choose our own colours for that, cut straight to the new location,... Of course, if the destination is further away, there'd need to be a loading screen but that's fine. (Such a "transition" screen might also be useful separately in other circumstances, so maybe that could just be its own, independent thing?)
Add captions: Especially in conjunction with the feature above, but also just in general, it could come in handy to be able to add our own captions. Maybe you have a time jump in your story and want to inform your players about it by adding a caption like "2 years later" or you have a location jump and want to tell your player where they ended up, like "Athens". Could maybe even be used more creatively, like to communicate the protagonist's thoughts/inner monologues,...
Add a glossary of Greek words/phrases commonly used in the main game's dialogue: This could be useful for creators who want their quests to feel like a cohesive part of the game world. It's not really hugely important but could be a nice QoL feature.
Add the ability to change player stats dynamically: Would be nice to get some control over player stats like health, adrenaline, damage, etc. Maybe somebody wants to tell a story where the protagonist becomes invincible or extremely powerful or, during some part of a story, the creator might want the protagonist to be injured/low on health, etc.

JaelleG
06-13-2019, 07:40 PM
Even if some might crucify me now, but I would love to have the possibility to create Modern Day Storys :-)

*adds to Wishlist* ^^

TatCross
06-13-2019, 09:04 PM
Even if some might crucify me now, but I would love to have the possibility to create Modern Day Storys :-)

*adds to Wishlist* ^^

The issue with modern day is that we have no map to explore or put our quests on. Unless we went through the Animus and there were interactions between the past and the future? (There would be so many loading screens...)

Another feature that I’d like is the ability to place corpses in a location—to search or carry somewhere. It would add interesting bits to quests. Like, the misthios is sent to find someone or something and they find bodies in a specified zone (there’s a lot of flat land or forests between locations) on the way and whatever they find on the bodies moves the quest forward—now they have to free someone out of a cage or, optionally, deliver a Quest Item to an NPC for Information or a reward.

Just played a side quest (“Godless Blight”) where one of the objective was to figure out why a river tasted bad. It was due to the armour of the dead men in the river (it’s a wonder those drinking the river water weren’t sick from the bodies. Ew). We had to carry the corpses out of the river and place them on the shore to complete the objective.

It’s a bit of a morbid idea, but it could add some twists to a quest.

JaelleG
06-13-2019, 09:11 PM
We had Layla on the "normal" Map in "Heir of Memories"-Mission... sure, on a Greek Map in our time...
One could do a Quest like a Glitch / real Time travel thing. I'm creative enough to think about a lot of possibilities... ^^

Yes, maybe it's a challenge, but this is a Wishlist, right? :)

And for me, the Modern Day is as important as the historic story... so... :)

RhelDN
06-13-2019, 11:44 PM
I realized there is no objective to hunt animals. I would really like it to be added. It was supposed to be the first objective in my story. Conquest battles would be nice too, I have a plot idea build around that.

cwbtc
06-14-2019, 01:46 AM
On the subject of conquest battles, it might also be interesting to be able to predetermine the outcome? I don't know if this would actually be possible with how they're set up behind the scenes but I could imagine stories where a creator may want/need a specific side to win or lose a battle in order for their story to make sense.

Kingcaesar2019
06-14-2019, 08:27 AM
1. NPC pathing. This would be difficult but the next few ideas adds to it.

2. Locations like caves being accessible through a sub map menu.

3. Mercanary randomizer took to at least start with giving us a step in the right direction in NPC customization.

4. Allowing the character to fight itself is even better than sibling npcs.

5. Eden artifact AOE affects in character behavior options.

6. Naval warfare is a must.

7. If it's not in yet, DLC map areas.

8. Can we at least get a record option for dialogue. It would be interesting.

9. If an objective requests a kill, having the character respond differently with the body present would also be interesting.

10. We need more than a 2D map option location enemy layout options leading to a menu with pathing options. Day and night cyc look e behavior options also.

That's a complete product plus all these other awesome ideas.

Great thread man.

fishbone76
06-14-2019, 10:16 AM
I find myself in the situation that I can't build the quest as I had planned and need to work around, change or scrap an idea I would like to do becasue of some limitations and this makes me sad so here are my suggestions.

- add timed answers

- a camera option for the dialogue sequence, (sitting or kneeling positions are of almost no use with the stuck camera)

- option to change poses in the dialogue sequence and not only expressions

- add a NPC CC creator or giving the option to give known NPCs different outfits, a headswap option maybe

- pls add Deimos, Phoibe and Praxos NPC's oh and mystical creatures

Rhinala
06-14-2019, 12:00 PM
Fist fight option.
A fight that doesn't end with the opponent death, but until s/he is yielding. it can open a new conversation option.

cwbtc
06-14-2019, 12:46 PM
I find myself in the situation that I can't build the quest as I had planned and need to work around, change or scrap an idea I would like to do becasue of some limitations and this makes me sad so here are my suggestions.

- add timed answers

- a camera option for the dialogue sequence, (sitting or kneeling positions are of almost no use with the stuck camera)

- option to change poses in the dialogue sequence and not only expressions

- add a NPC CC creator or giving the option to give known NPCs different outfits, a headswap option maybe

- pls add Deimos, Phoibe and Praxos NPC's oh and mystical creatures

I second pretty much all of that. Timed answers are an interesting idea I hadn't thought of before that could definitely spice things up a bit.

In the meantime, if you want a character to change a pose in the middle of the dialogue, you should be able to simply string two dialogue sequences together. (But yeah, doing it in the same sequence would be more practical.)

sixburn
06-14-2019, 06:35 PM
Anyone figure out how fight an NPC to near death and get a dialogue obj after?

Rhinala
06-15-2019, 12:12 AM
I found out that important features are missing, and i think that ubi can add them easily.
The ability to make a character a boss (golden icon above the head). The ability to toggle the NPC can't die flag.sometimes we need them a live in order to advance a quest but want to kill them when the dialog is over.

Dtheawesome9010
06-15-2019, 12:33 AM
Conquest battles both land and sea,adding actual soldiers and civilians to the mix,actual voices that are done right and doesn't sound bad we DO have tech that can do it damn near perfect Batman Arkham Knight had Mark Hamill's voice of the Joker after he quite and they did a great job using what they could,unlimited actors could make for a lengthy (but fun) story it allows us to create HOURS of gameplay in an interesting story you could possibly create a whole new Odyssey or just a copy of the old.even a new DLC thing,story mode in the DLC areas would be nice and thats all i got

Jany_M
06-15-2019, 03:28 AM
Add killing of animals in the Kill panel!
(to get fur as items etc)

@cwbtc whenever you can, could you update your OT maybe? :)

Darthsagaswag
06-15-2019, 07:42 AM
-Addition of animals to targets for kill, it woukd even be cool if we could get the animals in the artemis hunts as alpha targets.
-Additions of bandit/pirate/soldier npcs to interact with/kill
-More characters from throughout the game to interact with

xBlutkatze
06-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Fist fight option.
A fight that doesn't end with the opponent death, but until s/he is yielding. it can open a new conversation option.

I thought about this as well! Maybe adding a function to trigger a Dialogue Option as soon as the character as only 5% Health left, and then in the end decide if you kill him or not. Also giving us the possibility to have "training" fights, where you don#t necessarily kill a Character in a Fight, but have him trained in combat. That would be cool!

pjhaan
06-17-2019, 07:20 PM
Better yet...let us zoom in on the In-Game map to the same level of detail as the story creator map.

I have been trying to match locations and it is a little difficult because you can't zoom much on the in-game map!

candamyr
06-18-2019, 07:47 AM
A few suggestions, a couple of which I've seen mentioned by others but can't be mentioned often enough, and one I haven't seen before:

Monologue - the player's thoughts after a dialogue or fight etc.
Day/Night Setting - I want my story to start at night, the next quest must begin the day after, so at daytime...
Travel Points for NPCs - allow NPCs to travel to any random location in the world, not just to certain spots - which don't even cover all the preset spawn locations.

tanaxanth
06-19-2019, 06:18 AM
I would like to see a filter for the languages
While I'm sure some of the french or Portuguese ones are great... I can't read them and would like to filter them out of my suggested stories in game.

Rhinala
06-19-2019, 01:05 PM
Let the actors travel to every spawn location on the map.

pjhaan
06-19-2019, 02:57 PM
I have a few suggestions that could make simple fetch quests better.

Timer - Start with an output from an action like a conversation or object destruction.

Possible uses:
Destroy a certain number or items in a time limit.
Get from point A to B in a certain time limit.
Carry a perishable item to a destination.

Collectibles - Allow players to collect or buy items during conversations. The collectibles could be limited to the items you can loot.

Possible uses:
Retrieve a specific item from a character.
Could be used like the "Pre-Trials of the Minotaur" where you can buy an item or earn it. I know I bought the final token because that brute just kept killing me!

Money - Allow the player to exchange money with a quest giver.

Possible uses:
Get paid for completing an objective.
Pay for a collectible item.

Counter variable - You can only set the number variables to static values right now. It would be nice if you could have a counter that starts at a certain number and when implemented, adds one to the value.

Possible uses:
Count the number of items retrieved for a fetch quest. Once it hits a goal, it could unlock a final objective.

Grouped Conditions - Allow for grouping conditions with either "AND" or "OR" functionality. Currently, if you add multiple conditions, each one is a separate output. It would be great to be able to group them into a single output. I have worked around this issue by chaining them together. The success leads to the next condition and failure leads to text explaining the issue.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9a_LrsXoAEJxzj.jpg:large

Possible uses:
Group sets of actions together to determine if something needs to happen.

If a counter variable was added, the grouped conditions may not be necessary. It could be used instead of the grouping for "AND" conditions. However, the "OR" conditions would still be useful though.

A few of my other suggestions have been mentioned earlier in the thread.

I hope to publish my first story tonight. I have one more section of logic to create.

offatlast
06-20-2019, 06:02 AM
I would like to see a filter for the languages
While I'm sure some of the french or Portuguese ones are great... I can't read them and would like to filter them out of my suggested stories in game.

While the in-game suggestions are... well, the way they are, you can apply language filter in the web search/Browse stories, clicking "more options".
I stopped using the in-game interface since it only shows the xp exploits.

offatlast
06-20-2019, 06:52 AM
Add ability to copy-paste blocks: For example, maybe I've made a dialogue sequence and I want to create a second variation of it. At the moment, I would have to recreate the whole sequence from scratch. It would be nice to simply be able to copy-paste the sequence block I've already made instead.
Add a zoom in/out function for the editor graph: It's not uncommon for dialogue graphs to get so big that they don't fit on the screen all at once. It'd be handy to have the option to zoom out/in to get a better overview of your graphs.

Doesn't the browser's zoom function work well enough for you? CTRL+MouseSCRLDOWN gives me a handy way to re-arrange blocks and appreciate the overall mess I make :o

Potyroky
06-20-2019, 07:08 PM
The possibility to have a selection of tags when we don't finish a story could be realy helpfull for the story's author. It could permit him to understand why the other players doesn't finish his story (bugs, the story is bored...)

fishbone76
06-20-2019, 11:35 PM
There are no 'Travel to destination' points for NPC's on Samos. I guess this is unintentional.
I build a quest there just to find out there are no travel points. Why do I manage to choose exactly that ISland XD Also Thera also doesn't have travel points.

I wish really wish I could put my NPC's on every spot on the map and not just fix points. It makes some objectives really hard. For example if I want to infiltrate a camp and have one of the NPC's to talk to and during the convo decide to kill them or not. You have to make that NPC, killable but the chance that he is attacking you when u attack his partners from the camp is big and the talk objective would fail. Hence the option to stage them out of the danger zone.

Another helpful thing would be a layer to the Start location and pick a destination map to toggle on/off all spawn points, enemies, camps, name of Islands/regions, cages and all the other stuff.

Sometimes expressions don't work properly. I gave Markos the excited expression and most of the time he just smiles with closed mouth instead of showing his teeth.

The Flee behaviour is missing which is shown in the manual.

If an NPC's follows us and helps us fighting it would be cool if he would copy our behaviour, like when we hide in a bush they should hide too and not run into a group of enemies.

candamyr
06-21-2019, 02:24 AM
We need cut scenes! Especially handy for quest endings. Let's put together a list of desired cut scenes. I'll start with the romantic one: embracing, kissing, fade to black. I need that. Right. Now! ;)

kunugi78
06-21-2019, 05:57 AM
I want the following features.

Control the life and death of NPC
I want to kill or resurrect the NPC by means other than the player's action as the story progresses.
I want to express the situation in which an NPC who dies of illness or an injured NPC recovers.

Apply Travel and Escort to NPC's body
It may be inconvenient in the story that a dead body remains in the place when NPC dies. It would be nice if the creator had a way to move the NPC's body.
Also, if you use Escort behavior or Escort obejcteve on the body, you may be able to create quests such as haulage of body or transportation of injuries.
Also, if the creator uses Escort behavior or Escort obejcteve for the body, it may be possible to create quests such as haulage of the body or transportation of injuries.

To be able to use NPC's life and death for conditional branching
In addition to conditional branching by variables, we want to branch the flow based on whether the NPC is alive or dead.
I want the story to diverge not only if the player kills, but also if the NPC dies accidentally.

Assign an ID to a block
I want to assign an ID to each block or name it freely to make the flow of the chart easy to see.
At present, there are cases where it is difficult to distinguish between behavior and dialog that you want to stop with the Stop Operator.

Comment block
I want a comment block that the creator can freely comment on and place anywhere in the Editor without having to link to other blocks.

Make checkpoints more convenient
Thanks to the UBI developers, Checkpoint implementation!
In addition, when starting a test from a checkpoint, it may be more convenient to be able to specify location on the map or variable status

I hope my English from the translation app will be transmitted to you.

fishbone76
06-21-2019, 10:04 AM
please give us an option to let us switch off that grey and grain filter in the dialogues. I really don't like that.

PinkHusky433
06-21-2019, 01:11 PM
I want the following features.

To be able to use NPC's life and death for conditional branching
In addition to conditional branching by variables, we want to branch the flow based on whether the NPC is alive or dead.
I want the story to diverge not only if the player kills, but also if the NPC dies accidentally.

Hello Kunugi78,

For the NPC's life or death scenarios, we do support it. For example, when you use a Talk Starter/Objective and the NPC dies from a wolf or a pack of Bandits, the Fail output is activated and you can link it to any other objective to start a branch in the quest. The same is true for the Escort Objective and the Free Starter/Objective.

kunugi78
06-21-2019, 02:54 PM
Hello Kunugi78,

For the NPC's life or death scenarios, we do support it. For example, when you use a Talk Starter/Objective and the NPC dies from a wolf or a pack of Bandits, the Fail output is activated and you can link it to any other objective to start a branch in the quest. The same is true for the Escort Objective and the Free Starter/Objective.

Hello PinkHusky433,
Thank you for your advice!

In fact, I also try that method and use it in the practical case. It is very effective.
However, when an NPC is dead far from the player, it seems that it is not a good idea for me to put the Taik Objective to judge it.
Should I let the player reach that location even though the player does not have to talk to the NPC? Yes, it can be done by arranging the story so that it is not unnatural. That is also a technique.
But I felt that I wanted that feature as a way to implement it more simply.

Kaatala
06-21-2019, 07:10 PM
Que d’excellentes propositions, je n'ai pas lu chaque commentaire donc je ne sais pas si ce que je vais dire à été oui ou non proposé, mais je pense qu'il serait vraiment intéressant et sympa de pouvoir choisir si des zones sont dites "ennemies" ou pas. Imaginons qu'on doit aller parler a un bandit pour une raison quelconque parce que se sont nos alliés, ce serait bien de ne pas avoir à tuer tout le camp ou entrer furtivement pour se cacher des brigands, qui sont quand même nos amis dans l'histoire pour aller chercher la quête.

Aya042
06-21-2019, 08:52 PM
However, when an NPC is dead far from the player, it seems that it is not a good idea for me to put the Taik Objective to judge it.
Should I let the player reach that location even though the player does not have to talk to the NPC?

Theoretically, an Escort Objective with a destination set to the NPC's current location should complete immediately either way, either successfully if the NPC is still alive, or with failure if they're dead.

kunugi78
06-22-2019, 12:26 AM
Theoretically, an Escort Objective with a destination set to the NPC's current location should complete immediately either way, either successfully if the NPC is still alive, or with failure if they're dead.

Great!
Set the current position of the NPC as the destination! I will try, thank you!

P.S.
I was able to see in this way whether the NPC near the player was alive or dead!
But I could not confirm in this way whether the distant NPC was alive or dead.
I'm sorry, but now I'll try to do something this way. Thank you again.

candamyr
06-22-2019, 09:45 AM
Thought of something else that is an option used often in the game, but I can't see it in the Story Creator: carry the NPC. I'm dealing with a skunk drunk NPC who cannot get himself home. It's unrealistic for this guy to suddenly up and follow me around via the escort behaviour, now is it... LOL

candamyr
06-22-2019, 10:05 AM
Would it be absolutely impossible to consider and implement the option for players to choose their preferred protagonist at the beginning of all stories? That way stories could be tailored to preferences. And if there is a way to give the story creator a validation process for which character is chosen by the player, it would make character specific story branching/options possible. It would also determine which sibling is the NPC if Ubi should ever decide to make "The Sibling" an available NPC choice.

VanRaposU
06-22-2019, 04:08 PM
Lots of great suggestions in this thread! Here are mine (some of them just reiterating what others already said)

1 - The possibility of staging dialogues with just "one actor" (your own protagonist) - With a bit of creativity, it would make it possible to create monologues, the idea of reading and even investigative sequences.

2 - Adding and subtracting integer variables - As it is now, the only operation you are able to perform with variables is "set", which works fine with boolean types but makes integers a bit underappreciated. When I was working on a "morality bar" for my Story, I managed to MacGyver my way to make them memorize the amount of choices the player would make one way or another, but it was unnecessarily laborious and would be quite impractical in a bigger Storyline.

3 - Selectable soundtrack for dialogues - It would be nice to be able to choose between a few original soundtrack for a dialogues: Markos' theme is frequently used to convey playfulness in quests at the base game (for instance, it's used during most Alkibiades scenes as well), and romance sequences sound extra awkward with no audio.

4 - Optional fade to black dialogue feature - Speaking of romance, fade to black is such an useful feature, not only for romantic sequences but also for conveying the general idea of the passage of time!

5 - "Kill a certain amount of animals" quests - Self-explanatory. Again, getting creative you sort of can make a working mission of this type already, but it's not super reliable and unnecessarily tricky.

6 - Spawn a small selection of interactive objects - I know this is a Story Creator mode and that modifying locations is not its premise, but it would be cool if we had a small selection of objects we could set in the world: chests, jars, scrolls, that sort of thing. If we could interact in some sense with these objects, it would be possible to create stealing and destroy missions (even if in the end of the day there was no animation for the destruction, as it already happens with some "destroy the altar" quests in the main game).

7 - Objectives inside caves - As it is now, the minimap only let us pick locations outside caves. Since they are usually quite linear, caves would be amazing settings for more "dungeon crawler" oriented quests, and its a shame we can barely use them now. UPDATE: I just played a quest where an enemy was put inside a cave, so my assumptions were incorrect! Still, it might be tricky to find that specific spawning point.

flambeau2
06-22-2019, 05:22 PM
I don't know if it's been said before but I'm craving for a comment section at the quest page, romance cutscenes and "investigate" objectives

candamyr
06-22-2019, 08:11 PM
I know this has been requested before, but I think this is so important that it should be said again: Let us spawn random groups of a set amount of enemies (Athenian soldiers, Spartan warriors, Daughters of Artemis, Bandits and Thugs, Followers of Ares, Cultist Guards) so that we don't have to fill our character list of 30 with a number of NPCs that are only spawned to be killed anyway.

candamyr
06-22-2019, 11:33 PM
It would be nice to have an NPC travelling to a destination and the player has to follow them instead of the other way around. And protect them along the way of course. Also, it'd be nice if we were able to draw out a predetermined route instead of just giving a destination.

Mayoki13
06-23-2019, 11:48 AM
It's disappointing that the main villain of your story goes down with a couple of hits.
It would be great set a character as "boss" in order to give him a proper amount of life and strenght or special attacks, and create some sort of difficulty.
Cause a character over level 35 / 40 is pretty no match for regular mobs.

VanRaposU
06-23-2019, 06:56 PM
It's disappointing that the main villain of your story goes down with a couple of hits.
It would be great set a character as "boss" in order to give him a proper amount of life and strenght or special attacks, and create some sort of difficulty.

This! It's something that was running through my mind for a while but I didn't remember to put in my list of suggestions.
Also, I forgot my number one source of complaint towards the creator mode: the precarious error log. I know that now that the moderation filter issue was fixed this shouldn't be so urgent as before, but it will occasionally get quite Sherlockian to find an error source, especially when it occurs due to glitchy behavior :p

And, since I'm already here, I will add that I would love if Ubi let us use not only the regular human character models, but also those released as crew members and lieutenants. Imagine the possibilities if we could use the models of sirens or Charon (the ship lieutenant, not the character from the last dlc) in our quests!

candamyr
06-24-2019, 12:12 AM
7 - Objectives inside caves - As it is now, the minimap only let us pick locations outside caves. Since they are usually quite linear, caves would be amazing settings for more "dungeon crawler" oriented quests, and its a shame we can barely use them now. UPDATE: I just played a quest where an enemy was put inside a cave, so my assumptions were incorrect! Still, it might be tricky to find that specific spawning point.

Maybe the spawn points inside caves could have a different colour so we can distinguish and don't have to guess.

Same goes for buildings: it's hard to figure out if a spawn spot would be ON or INSIDE a building.

candamyr
06-24-2019, 12:24 AM

Isn't that what the option to change a character's archetype is supposed to be for? Like, if your "boss" is from the civilian faction, you can make them a Cultist guard or Athenian soldier archetype so they stand a fighting chance.

Haven't tried it yet, but will soon...

candamyr
06-24-2019, 02:44 AM
Add a time-of-day setting: Sometimes creators may want to specify a time of day for their quest for story reasons so it'd be cool to be able to do that.

Not just night/day, but also having control of the weather may be of interest to story creators. Like being able to set a quest that has a particularly dark mood in a thunderstorm, etc.

candamyr
06-24-2019, 04:08 AM
We need a "Close Story" button here that gets us back to our dashboard showing our drafts and published stories, instead of just the "Back to Website" button, please and thank you! Or am I missing something here?

https://i.imgur.com/rZLSiRx.png

This briefly flashes up when loading a draft, but it disappears...
https://i.imgur.com/O7mVL8o.png

SpawnDieRepeat
06-25-2019, 03:53 AM
What about being able to play as someone other than Alexios/Kassandra. Example: you are a bandit and an unkillable misthios runs into your camp; relive the fear NPCs experience on an hourly basis.

wohlers798
06-25-2019, 09:04 AM
Hello, I think all suggestions are good, but I have not found an option. Namely, I would like to create a quest where the character must collect multiple items to complete the task. Unfortunately I can not place any items at the moment. In addition, I need a tablet, which shows where the parts are, I can not paste synonymous. Oh yes, checking for variables would also be necessary for my quest. Maybe these functions will soon be closely maintained!

Trianuddah
06-25-2019, 12:06 PM
Isn't that what the option to change a character's archetype is supposed to be for? Like, if your "boss" is from the civilian faction, you can make them a Cultist guard or Athenian soldier archetype so they stand a fighting chance.

You can do this, but make sure you check the faction relations on page 19 of the user manual (https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0130/PROD/v1/docs/user-manual.pdf). If you make them a Bandit or a Son of Ares/Daughter of Artemis, they'll attack all nearby civilians. If you make them Spartan or Athenian, they won't attack civilians but unless you're in Lakonia or Attika you won't know which faction is in control in the player's game, so there's a 50% chance that they start fighting with patrols on sight.

Page 20 of the manual lists the different weapons and combat abilities the different archetypes have.

VanRaposU
06-25-2019, 01:54 PM
About those "boss fights": not sure if that's what @Mayoki13 meant, but when I suggested it I was talking about the possibility of adding a higher status to a generic enemy, such as polemarch, captain etc. Like when we invade a fortress and we can see that some characters have a golden badge adorning their profile. These usually have higher stats than their low ranking counterparts.

You can do this, but make sure you check the faction relations on page 19 of the user manual (https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0130/PROD/v1/docs/user-manual.pdf). If you make them a Bandit or a Son of Ares/Daughter of Artemis, they'll attack all nearby civilians. If you make them Spartan or Athenian, they won't attack civilians but unless you're in Lakonia or Attika you won't know which faction is in control in the player's game, so there's a 50% chance that they start fighting with patrols on sight.

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that when we go to a creator mode mission we enter in a "original state" universe? For instance, I've played stories that happen in Kephallonia and even if in my timeline the island is taken by smoke and disease when I entered Story Mode it would return to its first state (sunny and bright).
I still need to test it more throughly, but I think it may be possible to find the "original faction" of a region by playing it in test mode.

SpawnDieRepeat
06-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Hello, I think all suggestions are good, but I have not found an option. Namely, I would like to create a quest where the character must collect multiple items to complete the task. Unfortunately I can not place any items at the moment. In addition, I need a tablet, which shows where the parts are, I can not paste synonymous. Oh yes, checking for variables would also be necessary for my quest. Maybe these functions will soon be closely maintained!
I was able to do a collection quest by creating a few Go To objectives with <1m radius each. There's no pick-up animation but it's pretty clear to the player what is happening.

Mayoki13
06-26-2019, 11:59 AM

Yep, it changes something like the weapons and stats, but they still are too weak if ou want a character to be "The Head". It would be great a Boss archetype and a sort of "defeat the boss" mission, with the long life bar and special attacks that only bosses does (like the bosses in the main game)

Maz6687
06-26-2019, 07:37 PM
While designing a quest, I realized that there is no lying down pose for female models, which is completely absurd. The female model should have all the same poses as the male. It really limits what you can do.

It would be nice if could you give someone a 'fake' death state. The idea being, a character drops down in battle, and they say their final words in a dialogue conversation, afterwards.

candamyr
06-27-2019, 04:37 AM
While designing a quest, I realized that there is no lying down pose for female models, which is completely absurd. The female model should have all the same poses as the male. It really limits what you can do.

It would be nice if could you give someone a 'fake' death state. The idea being, a character drops down in battle, and they say their final words in a dialogue conversation, afterwards.

Further to that: it seems only civilians can peacefully sit... why is that? Are Spartan warriors not allowed to sit? They can only crouch?
Also, the list of expressions could be expanded to include surprised, worried, smiling (instead of the dubious happy or smirking).

Olympus2018
06-27-2019, 04:19 PM
Add some alpha animals and even mythical beasts....

Rhinala
06-27-2019, 11:22 PM
I want something simple
I want that the amount of used actors in the story will not be effected by the amount of enemies that i add. In my story i placed few ambush parties, they run to attack the player after a certain quest stage, in this way i can never know where the player will meet them, every ambush party has 3 enemies, in this way when i include the conversation actors, i can reach the 30 actor limit rather fast.

candamyr
07-10-2019, 03:49 AM
I was able to do a collection quest by creating a few Go To objectives with <1m radius each. There's no pick-up animation but it's pretty clear to the player what is happening.

A monologue option would also help in this scenario.

radsmi
07-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Very good suggestions. I like the first one the most, as it's a bit weird that you've got standing NPC on the map, but in the dialogue you can choose, that he is lying on the ground, wounded, and after the dialogue finish he's back on his feet. Cause of that it looks hilarious rather than serious and cripples narrative.

Vadimosha
07-11-2019, 07:16 AM
It would be great, if we had an ability to talk with the defeated character in the Kill Objective. So he will not die at the end, but he will "surrender" instead, and it will be possible to enter a conversation.

ZQuizMaster
07-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Three things that need to be added: (I have not searched this thread for any of these, so I apologize if they have already been suggested)

1. The ability to reenter a dialogue at a specific point without having to go through the entire dialogue again.
2. The ability to copy a page of objective blocks (or at least duplicate the blocks on a page, then cut/paste it elsewhere) that are a single dialogue for instance.
3. The ability to use bridge connectors in dialogue sequences. They are great elsewhere, but with long sequence/choice development, wires are everywhere.

TechGladiator
07-29-2019, 06:19 PM
1. The ability to reenter a dialogue at a specific point without having to go through the entire dialogue again.

This is already possible using variables.

https://i.imgur.com/rNjzmO7.png

knowingyourdebt
07-30-2019, 02:47 PM
That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck. https://www.knowingyourdebt.com

knowingyourdebt
07-30-2019, 02:48 PM
That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck. https://www.knowingyourdebt.com

fishbone76
08-08-2019, 07:43 PM
I still wish to see Praxos and Leiandros's (the fake minotaur from pehpka) wife on the npc list.
Oh and PHOIBE!
And how about some rebels from Mykonos, please.

kunugi78
08-09-2019, 03:08 AM
I want Phoibe as well as other children's NPCs. Seriously.
And I hope to improve the operability of Generic NPC creation. I want a preview function.

Potyroky
08-09-2019, 05:01 PM
For the others npc we would like, I think Deimos and Exekias the Legend will be really appreciate

And navals objectives could be awesome.

Josh9975
08-10-2019, 12:41 PM
I reckon it would be awesome to be able to use the cultist's menu and create your own table of bad guys around the world who you need to hunt to find clues to eventually find the big bad leader in the middle. I really enjoyed that feeling of slowly discovering cultists and finally hunting them down and I reckon this menu should be used more and what better way than with the community

Inonmouse
08-11-2019, 04:37 AM
Please excuse me if this has been mentioned before. A few more videos on YouTube.
Some of us learn better with a visual walkthru and that lady is always more eye candy :)

Potyroky
08-12-2019, 07:53 PM
The possibility to transform a "talk starter" into a "talk objective" and vice-versa could be useful.

Potyroky
08-15-2019, 08:50 PM
A thing wich could be realy useful is a section where the author could indicate the estimate duration of his quest.

Because the problems is that the one which is indicated in the menu ingame is erroned by the people who abandon a story (because there is a bug; the story is not in the language of the player or because they doensn't have much time and they thought the story was shorter etc..)
And when a lot of peoples abandon a story, it gives to the story a very bad completion rate; wich could penalise the author and/or discourage some players.

But, if the author have a category (separeted from the synopsis) to indicate the time duration he estimate for his story, everyone will be prevent and it will minimise the problem I evocated.

Ben_La_Fureur
08-16-2019, 03:06 PM
"The possibility to transform a "talk starter" into a "talk objective" and vice-versa could be useful."

Totally true, it would be really useful!

Potyroky
08-16-2019, 07:40 PM
An improvement in the display of the average note in game will be appreciate, because it seems to work in stages. Example: a story with an average of 4.1* will display 4* but if the average is 3.9, it will display 3*, which does not really do justice to the story and it creator.

Note: This "problem" takes place only in-game, on the website, the average of * is displayed correctly.

kunugi78
08-17-2019, 05:31 AM
I want a feature that will not give or reduce money when a player fails a quest.
No, I want the ability to control rewards even when a player completes a quest.

driggyc
08-18-2019, 09:30 PM
I've been playing around with the Story Creator for the past few days, trying to create a story worth publishing. While the tool has a solid foundation and is simple enough to use, I wanted to share some feedback and suggestions of my own for the dev team behind the tool to consider. Fair warning - this will be a long, but (hopefully) comprehensive post.

Features

Characters

Controlled spawning - at the moment you can only set a character's spawn point when creating a character and you can only move a character via Travel behavior and to a significantly smaller number of destinations. In order to avoid workarounds like creating duplicate characters at different spawn points please allow us to control spawning and despawning characters during quests. Basically, a "Spawn character at spawn point" and "Despawn/remove character" blocks instead of one predefined spawn point when creating a character. This would also prevent premature appearances of characters on the map, as the spawning timing would be under our control.
Modify properties mid quest - for story purposes there are characters that we might want to be killable or unkillable during certain parts of the story. At the moment this isn't possible, unless we, again, create duplicate characters. Please allow us to control this flag during quests in addition to the existing initial setting. In other words a "Make character killable/unkillable" block. I've used the killable flag as probably the most important property, but this feature could apply to other properties, like Faction and Archetype and the Elite flag, so it could actually be called a "Modify Character property" block, or perhaps the existing "Set Variable" block could be updated to include this functionality in addition to working with user-created variables.
Labels - with current limitations on characters that might require creation of duplicate characters (some listed above), a new custom character label, only visible in the Story Creator tool as a prefix to the character name, would be very useful in order to help us organize and distinguish these duplicate characters. As an example, let's say I've created two copies of the character Nikolaos, one is to be used in Quest A and the other in Quest B. I would like to fill out a prefix label for each copy with values "Quest A" and "Quest B", so that in the character list in the Assets sidebar I can see these copies as Quest A - Nikolaos and Quest B - Nikolaos, while both characters' names would still be displayed as "Nikolaos" in the game.
Usage of pre-built NPCs - at the moment every NPC has to be created manually, so if you want to create a group of enemies to spawn somewhere and fight, you would have to create each enemy as a separate NPC, even if they are ordinary Bandits, or Athenian/Spartan soldiers, not named NPCs. It would simplify creation of ambushes, or additional guards at exposed spawn points if we could choose pre-built generic NPCs/enemies from the game and spawn them at a point (perhaps with the Spawn feature I suggested above).
Separate Faction choice from Archetype - currently the two are intertwined and limit the types of combat-capable NPCs we can create. E.g. if I want a Fanatic, that NPC has to be in the Followers of Ares faction, but that faction is hostile to other factions, which means unwanted hostile interactions may occur depending on where that NPC is located. Separating the two would allow more flexibility in combat NPC creation and allow potential other features related to faction management.
More NPC options to choose from - you guys have just added quite a few generic NPCs to the list of available appearances, but please continue to expand this list. Also, speaking as a DLC owner, please include DLC NPCs, such as Persians, Isu and others. Consider adding in the DLC archetypes too. Don't forget animals. (As far as I know, other users have made similar suggestions, so I'm just adding a +1 to them)

Behavior

Travel behavior update - at the moment the Travel behavior only teleports an NPC to their destination when that NPC is "far enough" from the player. Could this behavior be updated to include an instant teleport flag, so that the NPC is instantly teleported to the destination, if the flag is checked. Also, there is an inconsistency between the current functionality and the User Manual - the manual states that we can assign the Travel behavior to multiple characters with a single block, but the currently live version of the tool only allows a single NPC, meaning multiple Travel blocks with an identical destination must be created for multiple NPCs.
Character custom routine - I use the word routine, but what I mean here is the ability to create a custom patrol route, so to speak, and assign it to an NPC. I realize that this is a pretty complex feature, but it could help with the atmosphere if we could make our custom NPCs move around down a known predetermined path, instead of just standing still.
Relations update - currently the Relations behavior only applies to the NPC's relation to the player. An update that allows us to change the NPC relation to factions could be useful and would help avoid situations where NPCs are engaging with other nearby hostile factions. The current workaround to this issue is to be careful when assigning a faction to an NPC, which often amounts to trial and error and introduces its own set of limitations both to the character behavior and appearance.

Objectives

Inventory Objective update - currently the Inventory Objective requires the Quest Item to be added to a character's inventory, in order to work properly. Quest Items can currently only be added to a NPC when creating/editing it. Consider adding the option to add the Quest Item to a NPC to the Inventory Objective block itself. The second update is related to the issue of the Inventory Objective not adding a navigation point to the NPC holding the Quest Item. This means that the player must either aimlessly roam in search of the Quest Item holder, or we must define a Kill Objective targeting the Quest Item holder in conjuction with the Inventory Objective (preferrably paired up with the Objective Group block). Please fix this bug, as it would help avoid these types of workarounds and speed up quest creation.
Loot item from - others have already asked for this, so I'm, again, just adding a +1 to that. Basically, allow us to create objectives where we take a Quest Item from a target location/container, in addition to the existing option of looting it from NPCs.

Advanced

Variable Condition update - assuming we are able to change certain NPC flags mid-quest in the future (as suggested above), expanding the Variable Condition block to allow us to check the values of those NPC flags, in addition to working with user-created variables would add more options and flexibility in quest design.

Dialogues

Switch character poses during a sequence - currently we can only assign one pose to a character for the duration of the entire Dialogue Sequence, while facial expressions can be changed with each dialogue line within a sequence. Please allow us to adjust the character poses with each dialogue line, instead of the current implementation, as this would allow us to create livelier characters during dialogues, especially with the inherent lack of voice-acting in user-created content.

Faction management - completely new major feature for the Story Creator, so I decided to give it its own section in this post. See below for suggested features.

Modify relations between factions - adding in this option as a quest block would allow more flexibility in usage of different factions on different locations on the map. This block would allow us to modify the relations between all existing factions (or alternately, between a selected faction and all other factions).
Modify faction relations towards the player - basically, a more global form of the current option to change relations between specific NPCs belonging to a faction and the player. This option would change the relations of the entire faction toward the player. NPC-specific user-created relations settings would take precedence when deciding NPC-level relations towards the player, otherwise the NPC inherits faction-level settings.
Create custom faction - adding in this option would allow even more flexibility in quest and story creation and organizing NPCs and alliances. A faction creator would include info such as Faction Name, Faction-to-Faction relations, Faction-to-Player relations. All Faction management features that I suggested would apply to the user-created factions, as well as the existing pre-made ones.

User experience

Change the type of similar blocks - some similar blocks exist as Quest Starters and as Quest Objectives. Sometimes the wrong type will be used when creating a quest (e.g. Talk Starter instead of Talk Objective), which leads to situations of manually recreating everything within the intended block (considering also the lack of copy/paste options). It would enhance the user experience and speed up fixing of these types of mistakes if you could switch similar types between starters and objectives (again, e.g. switch Talk Starter to Talk Objective and vice versa with a click of a button, instead of manually recreating everything).
Cut/Copy/Paste options - currently we can only delete selected blocks, but it would be helpful and speed up some manual work (see above example) if we could cut/copy/paste selected blocks and connections.
Pose and facial expression previews - sometimes the textual label from the drop-down does not provide enough information when deciding which facial expression and/or pose to use during dialogue sequences. Adding some pre-made screenshots of a generic NPC to serve as previews when hovering over, or selecting a drop-down option would give us a better idea of the end result before starting up the game to debug our story.
Allow user stories on DLC maps - again, speaking as a DLC owner, I would love the opportunity to create and share stories set in places like the Elysium, Hades and Atlantis. The user-stories should be available to everyone regardless of the map used, as main game features and story are disabled anyway, when playing user-created content.
Custom Story rewards - I know this one is a bit tricky due to game balancing reasons and the in-game store, but no questline is complete without a cool reward. You could limit what kind of rewards users can create, to avoid game balance issues, but allowing us to reward players with a nice piece of equipment, even if it just uses assets from the base game for the gear appearance and stats could be an interesting addition to the Story Creator.

And that's it. That's all I have. If you made it to the end of the post - congrats and thanks for reading (and if you are a Story Creator dev, I hope you take this into consideration) :)

UbiCosmos
08-26-2019, 11:58 PM
Hey there everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone for continuing to keep this thread going with your suggestions. We appreciate all of the feedback that you are sharing with us, and we value your thoughts. :)

Inonmouse
08-27-2019, 12:32 AM
It's good you keep an eye on us :) Just reading Game of Thrones Fire and Blood and was thinking it would be awesome for more burnable items. ie: entire wheat fields.
We could lure our prey into the field and torch it ...

Atreios.
08-27-2019, 12:10 PM
Controlled spawning
Modify properties mid quest
Travel behavior update
Relations update

First, all of this improvment, proposed by driggyc will be nice.
For my part, what seems most interesting and important, in terms of flexibility, and management, is what i've quoted.

Today, things are very too rigid.
Bu why are those improvments asked ? Because we got only 30 Asset for NPC.(This number should be doubled or tripled)
As it has been said, we must go through dupplication of characters, to simulate all this things.

driggyc
08-27-2019, 07:51 PM
Hey there everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone for continuing to keep this thread going with your suggestions. We appreciate all of the feedback that you are sharing with us, and we value your thoughts. :)

Hey there! Thanks for keeping an eye on this thread. It's very useful to us aspiring story creators too. A small suggestion on that note - would you consider sticky-ing this thread to increase its visibility to everyone?

Aeneas31
08-30-2019, 02:13 AM
Hi everyone,

I know that someone already asked for naval warfare in story creator mode, but I want to show you an attempt (actually, a cheap stunt) I tried to make up for it:

Objective 1 --> go to a specific point of the map where I'm sure I can find ships (f.e. on the seas near Athens there are normally athenians ships);
Objective 2 --> kill some enemies, boarding ships (f.e. 10 athenians, any type);

I thought that forcing the player to reach a specific point in the map (objective 1) and kill some enemies around this point (objective 2) I could make up for a lack of a specific naval objective (f.e. sink a ship, board a ship etc...): I thought that athenians soldiers on a ship (the usual athenians mentioned above) were athenians like everybody else, so if you kill one of them during a boarding, you'll be able to observe an objective similar to my "Objective 1+2" mentioned above, in order to simulate a true naval objective...but it wasn't, it doesn't works.

Do you think it's possible "to force" the current version of the story mode to make possible an Objective like this? (I have planned a naval quest but now I'm stuck).

--> The best thing, of course, is manage naval warfare in default objectives of the story mode :)

--> Another suggestion (I know it's rather difficult with the 2D map available to us): make possible to reach a specific point into a building and not on top using the "go to objective".

Thanks

ballon009
08-30-2019, 04:00 AM
This will be a long list. But bare with me.

1) change UI colour on quest links / nodes to help improve usability

2) Being able to resize all tiles not just group objective

3) Change user camera- to allow us to play with other heroes aide from Kassandra / alexios

4) Have dialogue without Kassandra and Alexios present

5) Skeleton design and feature design on assets

6) Program AI behaviour, and set path finder [removes the predetermined locations]

7) Change colour of individual asset components and edit behaviour

8) combat phase design- allows to decide stages of a fight [eg 1) spawn lvl X boss, is immune until phase 2) Spawn minion of 1) that sets aggressive behaviour for X and spawns X after X]. Upon completion of X, 2) dies and deals 33% to 1). 1) goes immune and cycle

8) Option to use animals, objects, mercenaries, mythical, ships. Underwater combat

9) Objectives=
1) Spawn on X with X- and do X
2) Plant X on enemy without being detected
3) Steal / destroy / Kill X without being seen
4) spot X with Icarus
5) carry X to X
6) Throw X of X or put X into X
7) Reach X elevation
8) Defend X npc or X to defend X
9) Upon X health- Track Hero =Captured —> free with X, or use X track to X
10) Convice X to do X
11) Uppon X, setav health / defence / immunity / visibility / resistances to Y

Behaviours:

1) oppon X combo utilize Swtav combo
2) Uppon detect state, Keep X distance from X
3) Setav behaviour X to emulate X
4) upon X path, Stop dialogue —> attack until X = X —> Stop behaviour —-> X / dialogue —> spawn X / custom state
5) Set X to swim under water
6) Set X to collect item and craft X
8) Follow X NPC
7) X becomes your pet for X npc /player

Quest starter:

1) Invisible markers
2) Die to begin X
3) Use X gear to X
4) Apply fear / aggression to start X quest
5) Engage in ship combat
6) Get attacked by X

Others:

1) text to chat module
2) Remove the 30 npc limit per quest (yes you can get rid of them without removing them, but that requires a lot of effort with Stop behaviours)
3) allow us to edit multiple dialogue sequences at once
4) Allow us to Pick neutral emotion for each line of dialogue without a new sequence.

Failure states:

1) X npc / player does not maintain distance
2) X npc /player dies in free roam
3) X npc / player was seen
4) X npc / player fails to collect item
5) X npc / player use X ability (allows to make hard fights as they counter meta abilities and powers)
6) upon X affliction npc / player
7) Killed anything other then target

sxcbbyblue
08-30-2019, 01:07 PM
Hiya I was just thinking if it's possible to put thunder storms around the map and it would look like if there was neon lights under the cars would look nice in the photo ops

DarkCeptor44
09-07-2019, 05:25 PM
One thing that would be cool to have is a Reflect/Talk to yourself block or basically a Talk objective that doesn't need to include another actor, currently it's possible to include a person (dead or alive) and not give them any line, but then that means to activate the objective the player has to go to the actor, and if the actor is dead already then it just ends the story suddenly (bug not suggestion).

I know it's been requested already but it's been a while and I want to make sure Ubi knows.

Aeneas31
09-22-2019, 08:07 PM
Hi,

I think the following suggestion is quite easy to put into practice:

in "kill objective" might be useful add the "any" choice in the sub-category slot of the "animal" target type (similarly to what already happens for "athenians", "spartans" or "bandits" target type).

For example, if I want to create a mission in which the player must gather food for a character, create a mission like "Kill 4 animals to gather some flesh" will be very easy rather than create a "kill a bear" mission + "kill a deer" mission and so on.
This might be more useful in some cases also for the player, because he might discover a herd of animals and kill them without wasting too much time hunting a specific type.

Aeneas31
09-29-2019, 10:35 PM
Another suggestion: is it possible to add in the character list the Persian soldiers as generic NPCS?

wraithmyth
10-13-2019, 11:50 PM
I think it would be nice if the orichcalcum in the world could respawn occasionally.

ZQuizMaster
10-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Not allowing the game mercenaries track the player during a story is a mistake. The ability to attack civilians without penalty detracts from the experience. I would like to see the mercs returned to the story mode.

Atreios.
10-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Not allowing the game mercenaries track the player during a story is a mistake. The ability to attack civilians without penalty detracts from the experience. I would like to see the mercs returned to the story mode.

+1

:rolleyes:

TechGladiator
10-19-2019, 05:43 PM

Agreed.

MattRicc2
10-28-2019, 09:22 PM
While working with the Story Creator Mode, I found couple of lacks that I think would be nice to add to the tool:

1) Conquest Battles: add the possibility to trigger them or at least make them a game objective;
2) Killing the Region Leader: again, would be nice to add the Leaders to the categories of the killing objectives;
3) Ships and naval quests: I think that if the ships haven't been added to the tool yet maybe they are too complicated to set, but I would love to being able to create some naval quests!

candamyr
11-03-2019, 11:34 PM
There have been quite a few cool updates and additions to the Story Creator since I've last used it. Thank you so much, Ubisoft, for listening to us all!

Of course, there is always room for more inprovement... Lol

1) Still wanting that monologue feature! Right now I have to create random dialogue partners that I don't need for anything else.
2) Allow for quest items to be found in a location we set instead of just be lootable from NPCs... I hate to kill a random civilian just to obtain a note from an NPC...

Just two right now, until I remember what else there was... :-)

candamyr
11-05-2019, 06:46 AM
Oh oh!! Children! We need children!