PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION/HELP] Can we kill/defeat a character in combat and then talk to him/her

Eldahirr
06-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Hi!

thank you so much for bringing this amazing tool! Studying warfare in the Ancient World, I loved the game, I will be back very soon to create a ton of stories! :D

My question is quite simple: :confused:

Can we start a dialogue with a defeated character who was set as a kill objective after fighting him/her? And then with the dialogue editor give the player the opportunity to choose whether they want to spare him/her or not?

I have in mind similar choices in the main story of the game [SPOILER ALERT] when you fight Stentor in Beotia for instance or at the end when you confront Deimos.

It is a very common feature throughout the Assassin's Creed Serie to have dialogues with your main enemies/targets after defeating him/her/them.
The famous 'requiescat in pace' ;)

I haven't tried yet the tool but from what I read from the user manual, it might be possible.

I guess you can basically 'respawn' the character and give him/her the appropriate posture - wounded/defeated - and then add the dialogues choices.

Does it sound possible? Is there an easier method?

Thank you very much, I look forward to your answer. :o

Eldahirr

Rzzl
06-11-2019, 09:13 PM
There is no simple way to achieve this, but you can workaround by creating two NPCs that look exactly the same. Kill the first one then talk to the second one (in another location maybe).

Ubi-RealDude
06-12-2019, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the suggestion and the partial workaround, Rzzl!