PDA

View Full Version : Naming your high ranking character

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
06-11-2019, 12:35 AM
In most RPGs you can pick a class and name your character. I know this isnt exactly an RPG but their are so many heros and so many varieties to customize their look being able to make your hero while they are on the battlefield would be the next logical step.
What is the point? Well immersion and personality.
Usernames take you out of the illusion for honor is trying to create imo.

I'm not saying people won't just create a name for their hero like "fartsniffingurmom". This can't really be helped.

But for those that like immersion perhaps you created a level 70 orochi and now you get the option to write the lore and name of your character in his profile. Maybe you make her "blue lotus" and write her story within the for honor lore. Now every time you play a game your character will forever be known as blue lotus in game. You have three slots so you can actually pick three names for every Rep 70 you get each with their own lore in the story of for honor.

And who knows maybe ubi could pick a story or two to be canonized as part of an event.

NHLGoldenKnight
06-11-2019, 01:57 AM
My Warden would be Jorah Mormont :D

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
06-11-2019, 04:06 AM
My Warden would be Jorah Mormont :D
Exactly! Even if it doesn't follow cannon it still would add depth to the game to fight gots jorah than some random user name.

Something starwars has is heros everyone wants to be so it makes sense to let those players be play iconic characters. For honor really doesn't have that so it makes sense for people to create their own characters name and backstory or take from another genre like a level 70 shugoki named Hodor.

This is a similar thing clan kids do with their user names but for honor could give everyone's high level main the chance to have a permanent/unique 3 names for their slots to give recognition for their dedication and to create depth when that fighters name starts getting recognized in game by other players. If anything it would be at least another reason to grind a character now that gear score is gone.

Goat_of_Vermund
06-11-2019, 10:09 AM
This would be so cool.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
06-12-2019, 12:38 AM
This would be so cool.
Thanks!

V1ltt1
06-12-2019, 02:26 AM
You said it wrong. It's
Thanks!
Thanks!