PDA

View Full Version : Rudder - read!!!!

lukenaskywiper
04-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi... Please do the following... and see!!!

1.-Enter PF
2.-Click quick mission
3.-Select F4U-IC
4.-Wait the loading
5.-Quickly press F2 (external view)
6.-Check if the rudder is centered....

Why is it always a bit placed to the right???
Does this affect the flight???

Last question... how do apply nosearts to skins??? thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

WOLFMondo
04-28-2006, 03:02 AM
I assume its the correct placement on the trim for take off to counteract the torque, although it still needs allot of rudder during take off to keep it centred. All planes in this sim are generally like this unless they have predefined trim on the ground, like the FW190's.

Once in the air check your slip indicator out, if its off retrim the rudder so its in the centre. I know that when in the air the Corsair immediately needs a little trim to the left to centre the slip. The Corsairs elevator trim is also set for take off by default, as are many planes.

If you think the Corsairs rudder behaves oddly, fly the Tempest V. Its rudder is all over the place and needs constand trimming because it varies wildly at different speeds (which is incorrect, it should be changed on engine settings, not air speed - from the pilots manual).

stansdds
04-28-2006, 04:21 AM
I did not know that trim was preset for takeoff when a plane spawns. And yeah, the Corsair does take a bit of right rudder during the takeoff roll, but then so did the real ones.

Brain32
04-28-2006, 04:40 AM
If you think the Corsairs rudder behaves oddly, fly the Tempest V. Its rudder is all over the place and needs constand trimming because it varies wildly at different speeds (which is incorrect, it should be changed on engine settings, not air speed - from the pilots manual).
I was wandering about that, maybe that's the reason it's zoom climb is rather dissapointing, keeping the Tempest centered is a very hard job, this also may be the reason of somewhat bad e-retention. The strange thing is that the needle on a side/slip indicator always goes to extreme, massive trimming is needed every time...

Reschke
04-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Corsair's needs trimming at various times as well in just about every flight sim I have ever played.

IL2-chuter
04-28-2006, 06:30 PM
It appears all the aircraft start their rudders trimmed to some degree in the appropriate direction. This, however, wouldn't account for the complete lack of fin offset in the game on many aircraft, especially visible on the Corsair and P-40. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Crash_Moses
04-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Are you using rudder pedals? If so, try calibrating them. Maybe that will fix it.

S!