PDA

View Full Version : I predict a Spectator Mode for E3

Illyrian_King
06-07-2019, 12:34 AM
This is all just my speculation, but I welcome everyone to leave an opinion.

Ubi is increasingly trying to bring up a serious competitive scene. First just announcing Tournaments in the Warriors Den. Later bringing up the asian lady with purple hair (I think her name was Clarissa - sorry if I am wrong) regularily to talk about Tournaments. Luc almost begging the competitive scene for more initiation (clips, information, etc). On June 11th (monday) there are Showmatches planned at E3, and one June 13th there is another Special Show also at E3.

Why Showmatches? Of course Ubi wants to show the gameplay to a wider audience. Ubi tried much earlier to go towards Esports, but that failed terribly at the infamous Season 3 Reveal Tournament. Meanwhile the game is in a much better state and also presentable.

After all you don't go to E3 to show Battle Outfits (eventhough there are a lot of good memes), so there must be one/some announcment/s, and using this occassion to head towards Esports with a big boom seems very plausible to me.

The_B0G_
06-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Not sure what the reveal will be, but for 95% of the community, spectator mode is pointless. I'd rather play barbie in the hero customization menu or start a match of my own instead of spectating.

It may very well be a spectator mode they are releasing, I'm not debating that, just saying it would be a huge let down and a waste of resources to put something so little of the community would use.

rottmeister
06-07-2019, 04:05 PM
Not sure what the reveal will be, but for 95% of the community, spectator mode is pointless. I'd rather play barbie in the hero customization menu or start a match of my own instead of spectating.

It may very well be a spectator mode they are releasing, I'm not debating that, just saying it would be a huge let down and a waste of resources to put something so little of the community would use.

Barbie = new Viking hero confirmed
Easily my new main

I'm not fond of spectator mode either, but it's something tournament players want. Would seem weird to me to announce that to a big audience (E3) since it'd be an addition targeted to the top 1%

Illyrian_King
06-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Me personally, I am not interested in it eather, but reading all the hints this seems most likely to me.

Personally I would like to see For Honor 2 or an open world expansion ^^
Big stuff ... out of the small box we have now. Minion commands, guilds, ressource managment and such stuff.
But how likely is that? ;b

The point is, that the devs always wanted to go the Esports road. It wouldn't thrill me too, but might be beneficial for the population of this game. If they want to host big Tournaments, then they need a Spectator Mode. It might as well be paired with a Year 4 announcment ... but seriously we have enough Heroes. It's the surrounding stuff that is lacking in my eyes.

The_B0G_
06-07-2019, 04:20 PM
It'd be amazing, but very unlikely lol I would love if there were some challenging PvE in an open world environment. At the level I play at for PvP it's all feints and 400-500 ms attacks, the PvP isn't as fun as it used to be for me, it's mentally exhausting to play, no longer a game I can relax and have fun while playing. It almost feels like going to work.

Edit** I hope there are no more heroes, we have enough variety, focus on new unique armor sets for the current roster and reworks and balancing, in my opinion that's what the game needs.

Illyrian_King
06-10-2019, 08:20 PM
I told you ^^

I told you all

Baggin_
06-10-2019, 08:28 PM
I told you ^^

I told you all

You sure did, but it's too early for a spectator mode. This game is no where near ready for a tournament setting.

rottmeister
06-10-2019, 08:36 PM
I told you ^^

I told you all

When I saw it I immediately went to check on this post lol.

Hopefully that isn't it though. If it is then I'm severely underwhelmed. I'm not in need of this feature at all, but I'm glad the comp. scene has some use for it.

I already set up fairly low expectations and I'm afraid they aren't even going to be met.

Illyrian_King
06-10-2019, 08:50 PM
You sure did, but it's too early for a spectator mode. This game is no where near ready for a tournament setting.

I am not defending anything, but the game is definitely not where it was at the infamous Season 3 Reveal Tournament ... I just came here to brag about being right with my speculation ;)

When I saw it I immediately went to check on this post lol.

Hopefully that isn't it though. If it is then I'm severely underwhelmed. I'm not in need of this feature at all, but I'm glad the comp. scene has some use for it.

I already set up fairly low expectations and I'm afraid they aren't even going to be met.

If I understood their french accent right, there will at least be one more big thing ^^

Also what would be the point of throwing the "boomer" of the whole show out at the Pre-Show, instead of the main event. There must be more, especially when there shall be 3 days of stream.

At least from a logical standpoint ...

EvoX.
06-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Lol, well, enjoy this victory.

Illyrian_King
06-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Lol, well, enjoy this victory.

I also speculated a Year 4 Announcment and the "New Cataclism", which brings the Wu Lin to the Faction War.

Let's see ...

rottmeister
06-10-2019, 09:54 PM
They went to E3 for a spectator mode and an event trailer...

I have no words ...

WOW, that was unnecessary af.

Illyrian_King
06-10-2019, 09:56 PM
They went to E3 for a spectator mode and an event trailer...

I have no words ...

WOW, that was unnecessary af.

Lol I am speechless ... wtf

That's it? An Event???????

That's below eveything!!!

rottmeister
06-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Lol I am speechless ... wtf

That's it? An Event???????

That's below eveything!!!

I had my hopes set on Wu Lin joining the faction war, new breach maps and a teaser of the Viking hero.
This was so disappointing, holy heck.

Well at least The Sims overwhelmed me at EA play with their new expansion and game pack, might have to pick up that franchise again.

It just felt like something big would drop today. I mean come on- 3 days of streaming, 1 of the few UBI games announced at E3 beforehand ... SERIOUSLY?

Well whoever said that we're getting our hopes too high was right >.>

'geez....

On a sidenote: That Watch Dogs trailer was hilarious
#HelenFTW

Illyrian_King
06-10-2019, 10:10 PM
I had my hopes set on Wu Lin joining the faction war, new breach maps and a teaser of the Viking hero.
This was so disappointing, holy heck.

Well at least The Sims overwhelmed me at EA play with their new expansion and game pack, might have to pick up that franchise again.

It just felt like something big would drop today. I mean come on- 3 days of streaming, 1 of the few UBI games announced at E3 beforehand ... SERIOUSLY?

Well whoever said that we're getting our hopes too high was right >.>

'geez....

On a sidenote: That Watch Dogs trailer was hilarious
#HelenFTW

Exactly that!

If you have just such crap, then please stay away from E3 !!!

Not even a Year 4 Announcment or anything ;b

The_B0G_
06-10-2019, 10:20 PM
Loll wow, you were right man, and it was also as I feared, spectator mode and that's it.

Such a big reveal for something so small that so few will use.

I'm still happy I watched though, Watchdogs Legion looks awesome. I never played the first 2, but I'll definitely be buying that one.

rottmeister
06-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Loll wow, you were right man, and it was also as I feared, spectator mode and that's it.

Such a big reveal for something so small that so few will use.

I'm still happy I watched though, Watchdogs Legion looks awesome. I never played the first 2, but I'll definitely be buying that one.

Watch dogs stole the show. Nearly fell on the floor from laughing after having seen Helen, the old lady kick some a$$ :D

Played the first game and was underwhelmed. I completed in 3 or so days. I skipped the 2nd game and now this one has caught my attention.

The_B0G_
06-10-2019, 10:30 PM
Watch dogs stole the show. Nearly fell on the floor from laughing after having seen Helen, the old lady kick some a$$ :D

Played the first game and was underwhelmed. I completed in 3 or so days. I skipped the 2nd game and now this one has caught my attention.

I liked the white guy from the first, reminded me of the movie Snatch, the black woman with the short hair was pretty badass too. Helen was hilarious hahah I like how they gave her realistic looking wall vaults and hand to hand animations.