PDA

View Full Version : Next Patch Withdrawal Syndrome

Dr.Trespasser
04-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Anyone else get this sometimes? What I mean is do you find yourself playing and after 2 hours of messing around in your campaign you think to yourself, "I feel I'm missing so much, what do the developers have in the works? Maybe I should just stop playing till the next patch so the game will be more enjoyable. Afterall, I dont want to get bored of the game before it relizes its true nature." Its goes Something like that. I always find myself playing a game to boredom then when I get bored of it and go buy a new game or get engrossed in another, the devs release their massivly glamorous world enhancing super mega patch and I happily download it and look around in the game and then go back to the game Im currently engrossed in. Anyone else have this?

Dr.Trespasser
04-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Anyone else get this sometimes? What I mean is do you find yourself playing and after 2 hours of messing around in your campaign you think to yourself, "I feel I'm missing so much, what do the developers have in the works? Maybe I should just stop playing till the next patch so the game will be more enjoyable. Afterall, I dont want to get bored of the game before it relizes its true nature." Its goes Something like that. I always find myself playing a game to boredom then when I get bored of it and go buy a new game or get engrossed in another, the devs release their massivly glamorous world enhancing super mega patch and I happily download it and look around in the game and then go back to the game Im currently engrossed in. Anyone else have this?

finchOU
04-19-2005, 02:31 PM
yes exactly! I'm afraid to download some seemingly awesome modes...cause a patch coulc fix it first...plus the mod might not be compatible with the patch.....Plus I know for a fact that a 3rd patch is going to be released!

Dr.Trespasser
04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Yea, I appreciate mods and all but they just dont feel right, they make my game feel dirty and unofficial, its like taking the side cover off of your computer and leaving it off so it will run cooler, when you should really install some new cooling solution. When a new patch is released with alot of new cool features it feels like someone said "I like you, heres $500 dollars, have fun".

Lane_889
04-19-2005, 03:43 PM
I think the only mods I have are jester's
emblem mod and the Recognition mod with the
flags on cover. I am using the skull and crossbones on my U-46 ready for 7th patrol
out St Nazaire. Was able to install patch 1.2
with book mod not sure were I could with emblem mod? Holding off on Realism mod till I read more about it.
Lane http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
04-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah, where is that darned official patch. I'm not really willing to go full out on mod-making until it arrives.