PDA

View Full Version : The Flying One, Son of None.

Stormpen
07-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Altairs name means the 'Flying one, Son of none.'Ezios name means something like'The eagle, listner of Florence' Is it just a sort of easter egg thing, or is it important? With the eagle vision, and all that...

Sarcross
07-09-2009, 07:34 AM
It could be, I forgot what my point was going to be... crap.

EmperorxZurg
07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Well the agle thing is probably their trademark for that family. that's why their hoods ae eagle shaped, the eagle cry when u dive and all that. Plus for Altair's it hints that he was an orphan

godsmack_darius
07-09-2009, 05:35 PM
He was no Orphan, It explains that Altair father was a muslim and his mother was christian or sometihng I forgot,

But then it said he is not a religious man, he is more of a spiritual man

EmperorxZurg
07-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Ya he found it out about his parents but it has tons of hints in the game that he's an orphan so maybe he knew his parents for the early part of his life like until he was 8. And then THAT'S when he becomes an orphan. And yay he's not religious. At the end he denies God having anything to do with him beating De sable

godsmack_darius
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh but h ebelieves in god, because he was very surprised that Sibrand didnt believe in god after you killed him

EmperorxZurg
07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Ya so he probably believes in him but just not that much somehow

godsmack_darius
07-09-2009, 05:54 PM
He believes in him, but...Not in the sence of the way religion believes

Big guy, white beard, sends you to hell or heaven

He believes you go to heaven no matter what you do

He even prooves he does after each killing he says may your god protect yu, and yet the people he killed are bad people

EmperorxZurg
07-09-2009, 07:04 PM
That's probably it. I didn't expect him to be like Dante from the Inferno

Ureh
07-10-2009, 01:47 AM
When I saw the first few minutes of the AC1 gameplay I was suprised that Altair was really impatient, disobedient and his voice was softer than I expected (and kinda annoying too).

sensationikke
07-10-2009, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
He even prooves he does after each killing he says may your god protect yu, and yet the people he killed are bad people

Bad people? They aren't bad people! There isn't such thing as bad and good people in Assassin's creed 1. That's what the story is about. Altair who understands that who he kills, actually aren't bad people.

DearDirty
07-10-2009, 06:09 AM
I agree with you that they aren't Bad People, but some of them are violent and selfish. Its still a categorical imperative that a means never justifies an end.

If Altiar understands that the people he kills aren't "bad", then there is no motivation. He does kill them, because leaving them unapposed allows them to use wrong means to a bad end. That being controlling people.

Account_Deleted
07-10-2009, 06:32 AM
note for people: If things are rumors or conspieracy, please note is it..
cause can't find any proof on how Altair's parennts are from 2 diffrent religions

thekyle0
07-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Altair was surprised to learn that the templars didn't believe in a god because he had previously categorized them as religious fanatics. It could be that he meant "May your god protect you" sarcastically.

MrNussbaum
07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
He was no Orphan, It explains that Altair father was a muslim and his mother was christian or sometihng I forgot,

Where is this explained?

JoelEzioPinto
07-22-2009, 10:41 AM

But then it said he is not a religious man, he is more of a spiritual man

Well no one was born an orphan..

EmperorxZurg
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
well duh, buut they can be abandoned at an age where they would no nothing about them since the memory cortex hasn't officialy began yet

Danvish
07-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
Altair was surprised to learn that the templars didn't believe in a god because he had previously categorized them as religious fanatics. It could be that he meant "May your god protect you" sarcastically.

Exactly. The Templars were first and formost, a relegious order: "Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon"
So he's surprised that Sibrand doesn't believe in god, but like he says to King Richard and when Richard tells him "Maybe you don't believe in him, but he believes in you" and Altair doesn't correct him, you can understand he's not religious.

I do agree about the part with the eagle being the symbol of the family.

Btw, hi guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JoelEzioPinto
07-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
well duh, buut they can be abandoned at an age where they would no nothing about them since the memory cortex hasn't officialy began yet

Thats What im saying

Grandmaster_Z
07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:

Where is this explained? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the instruction booklet..

CanaanCombs
07-22-2009, 01:39 PM
I wonder what the origins of the name desmond are

Backadd
07-22-2009, 01:51 PM
lol xD probably just Desmond

A borrowing from the Irish, Desmond originated as a surname from the Irish place-name Deas-Mhumhna (South Munster) in the form of O'Deasmhumhnaigh (descendant of the Desmond man)

Danvish
07-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
Altairs name means the 'Flying one, Son of none.'Ezios name means something like'The eagle, listner of Florence' Is it just a sort of easter egg thing, or is it important? With the eagle vision, and all that...

Could it be that the Auditore isn't to be translated directly and it's his surname?
I think it'll be quite logical if the Assassin's surname was "The Listeners".

Iskander_Estel
07-23-2009, 12:15 AM
i dont think Altair belives in god, he always tell
YOUR god, its just for make ther victims rest in peace

He always says: not fortune, skill

so i think he only belives on him, but he understand people who belives in god

thats what understood from what he said

Backadd
07-23-2009, 09:02 AM
or he is muslim or hindu? he only kills templars so maybe he just don't belive in the christian god?

Grandmaster_Z
07-23-2009, 09:20 AM
lol where did hindu come from?

in reality assassiyuns were muslim but in the game it seems he's either muslim or not sure..

Backadd
07-23-2009, 09:27 AM
just random thinking xD my point was maybe he just wasent christian xD

EmperorxZurg
07-23-2009, 10:27 AM
well we really don't know he had a christian mom and muslim dad so we don't really know what path he took, but he's not killing the templars because of their belief otherwise he would have assassinated King Richard when he had the chance, he's just killing those who are controlling the people like tyrants never-do-wellers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

DarkAutocon
07-23-2009, 10:43 AM
altair could be christian but doesnt like how the nine templars try and take over the holy land through war. when altair would prefer a peaceful agreement... lol

Iskander_Estel
07-23-2009, 12:40 PM
i think that by "son of none" they refere to their fathers... at that time a relation between a muslim and a christian would be unthinkable... so Altair is between one side and another... so he has no place on the world he was born...
most likely their fathers abandoned him just to protect themselves ( they couldnt live with a son like that) so maybe hes name was selected for other family or himself