PDA

View Full Version : Transfere to another flotilla

Rnilss
04-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi all
Just a simpel question. Im up to my 25'th mission station at Brest. If i apply for a transfere to another flotilla, will i keep my crew at the new statin/port?

Regards Ronny

Rnilss
04-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi all
Just a simpel question. Im up to my 25'th mission station at Brest. If i apply for a transfere to another flotilla, will i keep my crew at the new statin/port?

Regards Ronny

quillan
04-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Yes. You'll take everything with you. Boat, crew and upgrades all go.

Rnilss
04-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanx for your quick reply http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Regard Ronny....Good hunting

Beckett.
04-22-2005, 10:31 AM
What are the pros/cons of switching? Does anything change besides your home port and your emblem? Are some flotillas considered more prestigious than others?

quillan
04-22-2005, 11:50 AM
The boats you can upgrade to are limited by the flotilla. Also, where your patrol assignments are is also dependant on the flotilla.

S VIIC_41
04-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Hold on... if I switch to the 2nd Flotilla and get me a big-*** IXC, then switch back to my beloved 7th Flotilla, will I be told to patrol the coast of Jupiter or just good old BE/BF etc.?

Tyke909
04-22-2005, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beckett.:
What are the pros/cons of switching? Does anything change besides your home port and your emblem? Are some flotillas considered more prestigious than others? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On thing to bear in mind is that 2nd Flotilla sails from Lorient. I started off in Lorient and after 7 missions the idea of sailing out of the docks, down the river and out into the sea was repellant. Without messing about with the default time compression settings it is at least 20 mins of a job to get out of there as the shore is so close most of the time you can't time compress at all.

In 2nd all the patrol regions I had were North Atlantic, in 7th now from St Nazaire I have had close to South Afrika and the US East coast twice in a IXB.

alphaBeta
04-22-2005, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
On thing to bear in mind is that 2nd Flotilla sails from Lorient. I started off in Lorient and after 7 missions the idea of sailing out of the docks, down the river and out into the sea was repellant. Without messing about with the default time compression settings it is at least 20 mins of a job to get out of there as the shore is so close most of the time you can't time compress at all.

In 2nd all the patrol regions I had were North Atlantic, in 7th now from St Nazaire I have had close to South Afrika and the US East coast twice in a IXB. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The time compression modification near land is not a big deal at all. In fact you only need to change one number in a file that's in the My Documents folder. That's it.

I didn't like the idea of staying in one base just because of the terrain. This has made it fun again to move around for me.