PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Duels Is Significantly Better Than 1v1 Duels

nmswidan
06-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Hyper Duels: A great and fast paced mode for two people to challenge each other's skill in one of the best duel maps.

1v1 Duels:
10% Loading
50% Emote spam and tea bagging
20% Wow! Wow! Wow!
10% Announcer announcing ****
9% Ledging and other ****ty environmental deaths that ruin the fight (which sometimes happen by mistake because of the terrible maps)
1% A mode where two people challenge each other's skill

Please make Hyper Duels the new 1v1 Duels, Ubi. Or at least keep them both.
Thanks! :D

allenhollow
06-01-2019, 02:31 PM
agree

Goat_of_Vermund
06-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Yep. Design a few more arena maps, and this should be the next normal duel. There are very irritating maps in 1v1 gameplay, which are impossibly small or needlessly large.

Knight_Raime
06-01-2019, 09:03 PM
I wish the UI wasn't directly ripped from breach. But mechanically I love hyper duel over normal duel.

FlyinBeef
06-02-2019, 01:12 AM
I don't think so drastic changes need to be made. Ubisoft can, if not removed simple duels, then at least take best ideas from Hyper Duels and add them to regular 1v1. The ideas need to be added are arena maps only and no loadings with full hp regen after kill and with unchanged 3 lives.
Such changes won't change anything in bad way and I don't know people who will be against them.

rocks.cl
06-02-2019, 01:36 AM
Hyper Duels: A great and fast paced mode for two people to challenge each other's skill in one of the best duel maps.

1v1 Duels:
10% Loading
50% Emote spam and tea bagging
20% Wow! Wow! Wow!
10% Announcer announcing ****
9% Ledging and other ****ty environmental deaths that ruin the fight (which sometimes happen by mistake because of the terrible maps)
1% A mode where two people challenge each other's skill

Please make Hyper Duels the new 1v1 Duels, Ubi. Or at least keep them both.
Thanks! :D

only 10% loading? you should consider the whole matchmaking in that percent and it would easily be around 40%

Klingentaenz3r
06-04-2019, 08:38 AM
I personally ain't much a fan of hyper duels. It's always the same (lame) map which greatly benefits characters with high mobility and spacing querks. I kind of like that in most other maps you have some new scenarios that can change the fighting situation a little bit. Although I also agree that there are some really terrible maps for duels. For instance the inner area of The Forge with the lava pool or Tempel Garden with the shrine with it's double doors, pillars and all other obnoxious collision objects.

Also Hyper Duels promotes turtling due to your health not getting reset and whenever your health is too low you will have to start turtling in order save what is little left of you and see if you can somehow regain health lead again or at least ensure to go out effectively (meaning you dmg the opponent as much as possible to have an easy followup round)

I can however agree that the time between round ends and the next round in normal duels are basically suboptimal and could be shortened.