PDA

View Full Version : FPS "sticks" after a while with 3.02bm

BM357_Infernal
11-28-2004, 12:57 AM
Well, now that my random freezes are pretty much out of the way, I now face a new problem with this patch. After a while of playing online, my fps gets "stuck" to about 40 or 30 fps, depending on the game I'm in. It just stays there, no matter where I look.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

BM357_Infernal
11-28-2004, 12:57 AM
Well, now that my random freezes are pretty much out of the way, I now face a new problem with this patch. After a while of playing online, my fps gets "stuck" to about 40 or 30 fps, depending on the game I'm in. It just stays there, no matter where I look.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

VF-29_Sandman
11-28-2004, 12:59 AM
at first i might get about 30 fps in perfect for a few, then seems to go up about 10%. i have noticed slight pauses when looking from say, high 12 oclock to rear 5 oclock for the fps to 'stablize'. is this what u mean or is it different?

VFS-22_SPaRX
11-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Infernal,

Do you have trackir? If so, the next time your FPS drop off like that, try turning off your Trackir unit with your hot keys, or changing into mouse emulation mode.

SPaRX

BM357_Infernal
11-28-2004, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VFS-22_SPaRX:
Infernal,

Do you have trackir? If so, the next time your FPS drop off like that, try turning off your Trackir unit with your hot keys, or changing into mouse emulation mode.

SPaRX <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roger that SpaRX, will do!

VFS-22_SPaRX
11-28-2004, 08:54 AM
There are a few of us that have been seeing this problem for awhile now. Since the Aces EXP. came out. We have an ongoing thread over in naturalpoints forums about it. Something i think has helped is, before going into IL2, start your Trackir software like normal and then go into Taskmanager and change the thread priority from Realtime to High. Then start IL2. Give that a shot, it is helping some. I am not 100% sure it is working for me as of yet. What myself and exos have been doing is, when our frames drop out, we just switch to mouse emulation mode. Your frames will come back, but you lose the enhanced mode features. Unfortunate. Hopefully they will get this fixed for us in the next Trackir driver release.

SPaRX

BM357_Infernal
11-28-2004, 09:05 AM
I just got TrackIR last week, so it makes sense that I hadn't run into the problem yet. Good to hear I'm not alone with this issue, though. I'll try and troubleshoot it as you have told me.

One more thing: while I seem to be able to map a hotkey to enable/disable TrackIR, the motion mode hotkey doesn't seem to do a thing, no matter what I map it to.

Well, I'll try it this way for starters and get back to you asap. See you on WarClouds!

S~

VFS-22_SPaRX
11-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Depending on your Enhanced Motion Profile, you may not even notice a difference in the way you views move. If your enhanced mode is a linear profile, then it will react much like mouse mode. In mouse mode, though, you will lose some of the features. Thinks like remembering your center, deadzones and such.

Hope if works out ok for you. If you need anymore help, just in th warcloud teamspeak when i am on and i will glady help you out.

S~

SPaRX