PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to OSP via a HTTP Proxy? Read Here

kleaneasy
03-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Some members have been having problems connecting to the new OSP as a result of being behind an HTTP Proxy.

Are you having this problem? ........

Originally posted by Polyfemos:
I got it to work through proxy added some stuff to settings.ini in the launcher installation folder (program files/ubisoft game launcher)

This is what I added. It works for me.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
[ProxySettings]
ProxyHost=proxyhostname:proxyport
OverrideProxySettings=1

edit: I keep getting a smiley in there. should be hostname : proxyport without space in between </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks to Polyfemos (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1801042338?r=5861013738#5861013738) for this information.

kleaneasy
03-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Some members have been having problems connecting to the new OSP as a result of being behind an HTTP Proxy.

Are you having this problem? ........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Polyfemos:
I got it to work through proxy added some stuff to settings.ini in the launcher installation folder (program files/ubisoft game launcher)

This is what I added. It works for me.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
[ProxySettings]
ProxyHost=proxyhostname:proxyport
OverrideProxySettings=1
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

edit: I keep getting a smiley in there. should be hostname : proxyport without space in between </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks to Polyfemos (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1801042338?r=5861013738#5861013738) for this information.

Polyfemos
03-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Cool! Glad I could help!
I found another thing that may help people too! Sorry if you already know but hey, go ahead and delete the post if yall already know

in program file/ubisoft game launcher/ there is a file called launcher_log.txt

It begins with "network summary"
It warned me that I had ZoneAlarm and should upgrade ZoneAlarm from ZA7 to ZA9 if I had network problems. SWEET!