PDA

View Full Version : How come classes aren't like this.

Baggin_
05-30-2019, 12:39 AM
Heavies: Hyper armor, unblockables, slow attacks, their chip damage kills, can't be parried, weapons are too heavy to feint.

Vanguards: Soft feinting attacks, Bashes, normal attack speed.

Assassins: deflects, fast attacks, bleed, dodge attacks, high damage when hitting from behind.

Then from there you could of put in each characters little gimmick.

I don't know how this would of worked out, but then at least classes would of actually meant something.

Illyrian_King
05-30-2019, 02:07 AM
But for For Honor be like: 17 year old girl with cute little sword and dagger can "over-force" a fully charged halberd from a 2m tall guy in full-plate without hyperarmour, while shirtless assassin berserkers have it on literally everything.

Velentix
05-30-2019, 02:52 AM
I dunno about the heavies not being able to feint, it would make it extremely hard for them to kill assassins. If the heavies attacks are slow, it'll be easy to deflect them, unless you mean can't be parried also includes deflects. In that case you'd have to trade cause the assassin wont go for a deflect, but if the assassin doesn't attack you can't do that. It ends in a staring contest, unless the heavy also has access to undodgeable moves, ones that cover enough distance that the assassin can't just run away from.

On a side note what about hybrids?

Mia.Nora
05-30-2019, 05:38 AM
Hybrid = combination of two specific core class so you combine some strengths and some weaknesses of two
So vanguard/assassin like; bashes, normal attack speed, deflects, dodge attacks

Then again that would be way too logical an approach that every competitive MOBA system relies on successfully.

Baggin_
05-30-2019, 11:55 AM
I dunno about the heavies not being able to feint, it would make it extremely hard for them to kill assassins. If the heavies attacks are slow, it'll be easy to deflect them, unless you mean can't be parried also includes deflects. In that case you'd have to trade cause the assassin wont go for a deflect, but if the assassin doesn't attack you can't do that. It ends in a staring contest, unless the heavy also has access to undodgeable moves, ones that cover enough distance that the assassin can't just run away from.

I really don't know, I just want to see classes actually mean something. Heavies should be extraordinarily hard hitting, like one or two heavies is enough to kill an assassin because assassins wouldn't have heavy enough armor to give them a high health pool.

BigSpence13
05-31-2019, 09:50 PM
Op..

Thanks for this post..if I were posting this is EXACTLY what I wanted to say.

For Honor 2....open world where a classes characteristics matter and are appropriate for the class, weapon being wielded, armour being worn, etc....seems like a simple concept.

Siegfried-Z
06-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Heavies: Hyper armor, unblockables, slow attacks, their chip damage kills, can't be parried, weapons are too heavy to feint.

Vanguards: Soft feinting attacks, Bashes, normal attack speed.

Assassins: deflects, fast attacks, bleed, dodge attacks, high damage when hitting from behind.

Then from there you could of put in each characters little gimmick.

I don't know how this would of worked out, but then at least classes would of actually meant something.

Damn, if only !

Of course your ideas should be improved in order to make it works without balancing issues but overall i would really like classes to mean something.

I was saying this for a while too thats why i expressed many Times i dislike heroes such as JJ or Tiandi which are probably the 2 kit in the game which are the less fitting with their class.

But i highly doubt we will see some efforts in this way one day because they already goes too far in their current system where classes mean nothing.