PDA

View Full Version : Highlanders Os is actually pretty defensive.

Baggin_
05-29-2019, 09:17 PM
Since we're in the removing defensive moves mode, are we going to see Highlanders offensive stance actually be offensive? As it is now it's pretty defensive with the 500ms recovery on his dodges. Plus he can cancel it way to fast and still parry lites. Is this going to be something that will be changed at some point?

FlyinBeef
05-30-2019, 02:34 AM
I thought about such of rework which will make him offensive hero, because it absurd, he has OFFENSIVE stance, not defensive stance 2.0.
I don't think Ubi will touch him now, I can't say he is too safe, especially after wave-dash removal. He is like Lawbringer, less safety compensated by big reward.

Baggin_
05-30-2019, 12:29 PM
I thought about such of rework which will make him offensive hero, because it absurd, he has OFFENSIVE stance, not defensive stance 2.0.
I don't think Ubi will touch him now, I can't say he is too safe, especially after wave-dash removal. He is like Lawbringer, less safety compensated by big reward.

Yeah I was playing around with him yesterday for the second time since his rework and I would wiff my lite into is (like everyone does) then that that point I would just react to whatever my opponent would do. If they tried to gb me I would lite. If they tried to attack, I would dodge into kick. If they tried to throw a second lite after my first dodge, I would cancel os into lite parry. The dodge into kick is a very strong tool, it is very similar to Raiders dodge gb which is why I brought up this question. Anytime I'd try to be offensive with HL I would get creamed. Seems to me like playing defensively with the supposed "offensive" character is the way to go.