PDA

View Full Version : Dont stray too far from a middle ground...

jordan-tanton
05-28-2019, 09:31 PM
This isnt going to be very detailed post btw, but I dont want to see the game stray to far to either side of defence or offense the devs need to find a middle ground.

To much to the defence side and we have the turtle meta again and to much to the offense side and we have a spam fest.

A middle ground is the better option for this game imo of course as I dont want a spam fest or turtle meta drivel.

UbiInsulin
05-28-2019, 09:50 PM
We're still headed towards more offense for now.

What would you consider "too far" in terms of improving it?

Knight_Raime
05-28-2019, 09:55 PM

Can't speak for OP but I personally once considered giving every opener an enhanced property meaning you can't just block from neutral to stop offense from starting.
However after playing a significant amount of 4's i've decided that wouldn't be a good call because there are quite a few setups in 4's that involve using block stun.

So i'd say anything that would make defense in 4's significantly harder to combat against uncoordinated enemies would probably be going too far.

jordan-tanton
05-28-2019, 11:07 PM
Probably if it got to a point where defence is pretty much useless and unviable option in all aspects of the game which in turn just causes the game to become you could say a "moshpit" brawler where people just spam more than they do currently.

Defence and offence need to be equal options in the gameplay, where you have to use a mixture of defensive and offensive styles of play throughout a game to be able to win the fights and matches, where playing too defensively or offensively can cause you to get punished.

Ive probably not explained this very well but I hope you understand my opinion/point ive made.

Siegfried-Z
05-30-2019, 11:02 AM

The team has showed very recently both a good and a bad exemple at improving offense.

LB rework was a good job. He is more versatile, has a lot more flow, became decent in 1v1 too and his mix up is now intense and interesting. LB became a lot better without anything stupidly broken.

In another hand Raider just became an absolute beast. Raider was already a top 4v4 pick but had problems in 1v1. You made him good in 1v1 with the new chain, faster lights&ST and his new GB softfeint.
But the dmg buff which wasnt even needed and the HA makes him even stronger in 4v4. Too strong tbh in addition of all the others buff because his only nerf was on his stampede.
Raider rework came with massive buff and close to no nerf while most of others rework came with some dmg nerf or moove nerf and sometimes totally remooved. So far this was your logic. But it look it dont apply to raider.

It looks still very weird Imo that the team is able to work and release these 2 heroes together without even seeiing the difference.