PDA

View Full Version : Black Prior changes

Goat_of_Vermund
05-28-2019, 06:46 AM
Currently, the Black Prior has very safe, irritating bash attacks (particularly one, the light-bash-light is very irritating), but on the other hand, he instantly becomes a flawed character is he has an opponent who can punish that. I think the following should be changed:

1. Increase the recovery on a missed bash. I won't throw numbers, but it should be enough for all dodge attacks to hit when dodging exactly on the indicator. Pre indicator dodges should give a guardbreak.
2. Let the bp shieldbash out from all heavies, not just from the opener. Those shieldbashes have very long recovery, it won't be abusive. This might not include Bulwark Slash.
3. Bulwark slash should have only 100 or 200ms gb vulnerability. That move is the only counter to gb attempts, and Prior is currently weak in Bulwark (hence why they only bash spam).
4. The forward dodge have should be undodgable to help chasedowns.

jordan-tanton
05-28-2019, 08:42 PM
I also believe his zone attack should be changed from a bash to an actual damage attack to give him another attack option rather than a bash. He would still have his standard bash and heavy soft feint bash which I believe is enough.

Knight_Raime
05-28-2019, 09:12 PM
His shield bash from neutral is punishable by every dodge attack in the game on read minus the bad dodge attacks (pk, Nuxia, valk.) it doesn't need anymore recovery.
Since his bash has no range unless fully delayed and there is a pretty big window to avoid all timings of his bash allowing a GB punish would be busted.

Soft feint bash is too slow and has poor tracking/recovery to be worth adding to the rest of his kit. Adding it into his other heavies wouldn't help him any better because even if those changes were fixed the wind up on it would still be a dead give away. You'd have to make it mirror Valk's shield crush to be worth anything more than it currently is.

Personally speaking i'd rather they just leave it be. Bullwark stance as is is pretty balanced. You can bait people into trying to pressure you in a single engagement encounter through backing up and healing with his tier 2 feat. Which allows for interesting gameplay. and in an anti gank situation good reads let you flip everyone attacking you and none of them get damage reduction applied for doing so.

BP is really well balanced at the moment. The only thing I really wish was better was his dodge heavy.

Star.Princess
05-28-2019, 09:27 PM
Seems like a nerf, nerf for balanced hero. Now BP is such of good example how heroes should be both for 1v1 and 4v4 in case of strength. All your small buffs not enough to compensate nerfed bash recovery which is already punishable by most dodge attacks.

Goat_of_Vermund
05-28-2019, 10:51 PM
Sorry, I did not clarify. I meant only the comboed light-bash, it is unpunishable currently for most heroes. When you face one who can punish it, the tables are instantly turned, however, so I think it would be fair if everyone could punish it, and he would get buffs to compensate. His other bashes are fine of course, sorry, I think I was very tired when I wrote it.

Knight_Raime
05-29-2019, 01:14 AM
Sorry, I did not clarify. I meant only the comboed light-bash, it is unpunishable currently for most heroes. When you face one who can punish it, the tables are instantly turned, however, so I think it would be fair if everyone could punish it, and he would get buffs to compensate. His other bashes are fine of course, sorry, I think I was very tired when I wrote it.

The comboed bash and neutral bash afaik have the same recovery. It's just due to hit stun+ link time that you can't usually do so. Increasing the link time between light into bash should get rid of it being guaranteed on late switch and also open up the ability to punish it more consistently with dodge attacks.