PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard Refusing to Record High Score(s)

ElementVI
05-27-2019, 11:55 PM
First off, I realize it can take several minutes for scores to be updated: I checked in several times over the period of 15-20 minutes, as well as soft-resetting the game when waiting didn't work.

Here's the High Score I obtained more than a half hour ago.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2nh0top.jpg

Here's the Leaderboard about 10 minutes after I got the score currently posted (120,539). I had done a retry and got 120,539 after I had gotten the score of 123,631 in a separate run-through.
http://i68.tinypic.com/5v9kc2.jpg

I didn't take a snapshot of it, but in a run-through before any of the scores I mentioned already, I got a score of 123,129: I checked the Leaderboard and it read 120,129. Where did the 3,000 points go??

I'm very confused as to why the Leaderboard refuses to accept my score. Is a 3,000+ point lead on the 2nd place score not allowing it to be recorded? I don't understand. :(

Please consider addressing this glitch. Thank you!!

I finally got around to setting up an account to post pics!

UbiGabrinth
05-28-2019, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you had this issue with the leaderboard updating. I'm glad that the second score updated tying you for first place. Do you still not see the score included?

ElementVI
05-30-2019, 03:10 AM
Thanks. I actually managed to get a 124,000+ score that seems to have registered on the Leaderboard the other day.

It seems that the latest Leaderboard "shut down" (the "Leaderboards unavailable. Please check again later." in-game message) seems to have fixed the issue I was having; I'm now wondering if these "shut downs" are actual scheduled maintenance, or if it's some kind of Internet Service Provider interference on my end. I've seen no notifications of any scheduled maintenance, so I'm assuming something's off with my Internet.

This probably isn't the place to ask, but I'm curious as to how the scoring system in these activities actually works; sometimes I'll defeat all possible enemies in a match with near-perfect accuracy and get a terrible score in that category. Other times, I'll miss a couple enemies and have poor accuracy, and I'll get a higher score for that. It seems very arbitrary and confusing...

It's all great fun, though! Definitely a huge update that has had a lot of thought put into it's development. I'm quite impressed!

Ubi-Woofer
11-04-2019, 05:01 PM
Thanks. I actually managed to get a 124,000+ score that seems to have registered on the Leaderboard the other day.

It seems that the latest Leaderboard "shut down" (the "Leaderboards unavailable. Please check again later." in-game message) seems to have fixed the issue I was having; I'm now wondering if these "shut downs" are actual scheduled maintenance, or if it's some kind of Internet Service Provider interference on my end. I've seen no notifications of any scheduled maintenance, so I'm assuming something's off with my Internet.

This probably isn't the place to ask, but I'm curious as to how the scoring system in these activities actually works; sometimes I'll defeat all possible enemies in a match with near-perfect accuracy and get a terrible score in that category. Other times, I'll miss a couple enemies and have poor accuracy, and I'll get a higher score for that. It seems very arbitrary and confusing...

It's all great fun, though! Definitely a huge update that has had a lot of thought put into it's development. I'm quite impressed!

Hey ElementVI, I do apologise that no further responses were provided on your thread until now. As I'm a little late in finding this, the images you'd previously provided seem to have expired on Tinypic - as such, would you at all mind clarifying the activity / event you were participating in, where your scores did not appear to be accurately recorded?

Specifically with reference to how the scoring system works, I'll be able to provide further insight once I know exactly what activity / event your thread refers to :)

Glad to hear that you have been enjoying Starlink since the Crimson Moon update!