PDA

View Full Version : How do I hire a courtesan? What's the little symbol above them?

SoundMessage
02-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Just started playing the game today, so I'm still trying to understand how to do certain things. I notice that the courtesans have a little four-pointed symbol above them and they also glow in white. However, I cannot figure out what to do with them. LOL. Can you help?

Also, in general, the little "help" boxes that pop up don't stay on long enough for me to read them and remember what they say. For instance, there was something about how to read the letters that I'm supposed to deliver for my father, but I didn't catch it, and was never able to figure out how to do it. Is there a way to recall the "quick tips" that pop up??

sherbet56
02-17-2010, 02:47 AM
you will be able to hire courtesans to distract guards later ingame. you cant reread popups,but you can go to the ingame menufor game info.

shimpaku
02-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I know what to do with them however I haven't in about 30 years or so! lol

Actually, as said, they are for hiring for distracting the guards. When you get near them you simply press Y (Xbox) to hire them (same goes for hiring the mercenaries ). You can then walk with them unnoticed or send them off to distract/flirt with a guard. However, they are a tad fickle (simply trying to go about their business) and will eventually leave you. It figures! lol With hiring the mercenaries they will help you fight the guards if you need them which will come in very handy later in the game. It all really depends on how you wish to handle each situation.

willwork4pizza
02-18-2010, 06:25 PM
it costs 150 florins and you have to be near them to hire them. press Y for xbox and press triangle for PS3.