PDA

View Full Version : Superior Block Dodge Attack on Kensei Still Doesn't Work

p0wn3rki11
05-27-2019, 04:17 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it said that they fixed the superior block dodge kensei has so when they do their dodge attack if they land the superior block the attack is guaranteed? It used to and still is able to be blocked easily if you land the superior block dodge, but not if you miss it. That makes no sense and I am almost certain they "fixed it". Kinda frustrating to be punished for using something that is supposed to be skill based.

This is just based on my experience using the character for 13 reps.

Sweaty_Sock
05-27-2019, 11:27 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it said that they fixed the superior block dodge kensei has so when they do their dodge attack if they land the superior block the attack is guaranteed? It used to and still is able to be blocked easily if you land the superior block dodge, but not if you miss it. That makes no sense and I am almost certain they "fixed it". Kinda frustrating to be punished for using something that is supposed to be skill based.

This is just based on my experience using the character for 13 reps.

You are not landing a superior dodge block I think, you are just lucky kensei blocks his direction of dodge so you are not being hit out of your attack. Try the dash forwards into a top attack (but go for a GB).

Siegfried-Z
05-27-2019, 12:22 PM
This moove has never worked properly.

It works well only from the top (using GB as a Zerk deflect).
But from the side the Dodge heavy almost never work.
Sometimes if you are close enough to your opponent you can get a guaranteed GB from the side too.. but be carefull with the distance because if you miss your opponent got a free GB :/

If anyone have found a way to use the sup block into Dodge heavy from the side then i am curious. Because i didnt in 30reps with our Nodachi master.

Vakris_One
05-27-2019, 02:18 PM
It's never been guarranteed for the side dodge heavies. Only the top dash into superior block guarrantees a GB (or helm splitter). The side dash superior blocks have always just been there for block on dodge but nothing more.

To my knowledge the devs have never expressly stated why this is the way it is and whether they have plans to allow it to guarrantee the dodge attack in future.

Klingentaenz3r
05-28-2019, 10:20 AM
It's never been guarranteed for the side dodge heavies. Only the top dash into superior block guarrantees a GB (or helm splitter). The side dash superior blocks have always just been there for block on dodge but nothing more.

To my knowledge the devs have never expressly stated why this is the way it is and whether they have plans to allow it to guarrantee the dodge attack in future.

Maybe this somehow correlates neatly with how deflects work for them in their concept, like pushing the effectiveness for forward dodges while neglecting sides as they often have dodge attacks and are less risky due to avoidance...although in terms of side deflects this just seems like an oversight, but who knows - maybe some that they actually like.