PDA

View Full Version : Could we see further LB changes in the future?

TheUberDome
05-25-2019, 05:31 PM
I know that Stefan wants to wait for the global attack changes before he looks at previously reworked heroes, but right now LB still relies too much on parries to get wins. If offence is improved then parries will be harder to get. This means fighting with duels will be much harder. I think that he should have a soft feint into his shove from a heavy. This would not only punish people for backdodging if it tracks, but it will help him get to his unblockable which is the objective of the hero. Plus it doesn't change his playstyle as the soft feint can be counted as a disabler/counterattack move because is stops the player's parry attempt.

UbiInsulin
05-25-2019, 07:22 PM
It's always possible. Keep in mind that in terms of back-dodging problems, the team is looking at that as a global issue with fight disengagement.

TheUberDome
05-25-2019, 10:23 PM
Also I think his gb vulnerability on heavies needs to be reduced. It's way too easy to GB LB out of a heavy.

Haemmerst0rm
05-26-2019, 12:05 PM
It's always possible. Keep in mind that in terms of back-dodging problems, the team is looking at that as a global issue with fight disengagement.

Can you also ask the team to look into the lawbringer top light? The assassins cant parry it at all and always goes through the parry attempt... Wouldn't it be better if LB has 400ms on the sides and 500ms on the top? Just a suggestion...

TheUberDome
05-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Can you also ask the team to look into the lawbringer top light? The assassins cant parry it at all and always goes through the parry attempt... Wouldn't it be better if LB has 400ms on the sides and 500ms on the top? Just a suggestion...

Whilst this is a good idea, the reason the side lights are slower is because they chain into his other moves on block. Also wouldn't having two 400ms attacks make it harder for assassins to parry? because they now have 2 directions they need to block from.

Knight_Raime
05-26-2019, 10:12 PM
Also I think his gb vulnerability on heavies needs to be reduced. It's way too easy to GB LB out of a heavy.

Just chiming in to say that's unlikely. His heavies are very loose in terms of restrictions for his kit and because LB has stacked parry punishes making them any safer/easier would make him imbalanced.

Haemmerst0rm
05-27-2019, 11:53 AM
Hmm true... unless ubi finally decides to remove the reflex guard from the game lol

Sweaty_Sock
05-27-2019, 12:04 PM
LB is amazing on rework... I'm rep 1 (never played him) and i have a dueling win-rate of 79%.

That HP pool lets you over commit and still keep fighting, the fast top lets you interrupt, the side lights continue your comboes, and all ehavies come with 'might be a bash' tag. Awsome, love it, and hate to vs it haha

Okt0g00N
05-27-2019, 09:36 PM
I know that Stefan wants to wait for the global attack changes before he looks at previously reworked heroes, but right now LB still relies too much on parries to get wins. If offence is improved then parries will be harder to get. This means fighting with duels will be much harder. I think that he should have a soft feint into his shove from a heavy. This would not only punish people for backdodging if it tracks, but it will help him get to his unblockable which is the objective of the hero. Plus it doesn't change his playstyle as the soft feint can be counted as a disabler/counterattack move because is stops the player's parry attempt.

I completely agree, every heavy should be able to be softfeinted into shove

EvoX.
05-27-2019, 10:06 PM
You mean like PK's further changes? They're done with LB, and it's probably for the better.

Illyrian_King
05-27-2019, 11:42 PM
LB is amazing on rework... I'm rep 1 (never played him) and i have a dueling win-rate of 79%.

That HP pool lets you over commit and still keep fighting, the fast top lets you interrupt, the side lights continue your comboes, and all ehavies come with 'might be a bash' tag. Awsome, love it, and hate to vs it haha

The rework is terrible!

That Hp pool gives you 10Hp more then Warden (if I recall correctly), which is half an light attack ... I really can not see, what let's me over commit.
I played Lawbringer a whole lot, and it is not good by any means. Cheap untested product, so Ubi can finally burry Lawbringer among other bad reworks like Valk or Orochi.

Also where is there a "might be a bash tag"? Are you talking about his dodge shove?

I am not a pro, but after playing Lawbringer for 2 years in a row, my understanding shall be sufficient.