PDA

View Full Version : Logged off for Inactivity?

Baz828
05-24-2019, 07:35 PM
Hi guys,

I've just this past couple of day started playing "The Crew 2" and i thought i'd explore the map by going on a little road trip but everytime i go afk, then come back say after 10-15 minutes. I always get a message saying

"logged off and taken back to the main menu due to inactivity"

Is there away to turn this off? as it's so annoying having to keep starting my route i'm trying to do.

Don.B._CN
05-24-2019, 08:27 PM
No unfortunately there is no way to turn this off. In TC1 we used a little autohotkey-script that presses an unused button every 30 seconds (or so) that prevented the log off, when we had a bigger break while cruising around. But i'm not sure that will work in TC2 because of BattlEye. We never tested it.

UbiMorning
05-24-2019, 08:50 PM
Hi Hi Baz828. There is no way to turn this off, as it is to prevent players from AFK farming. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Don.B._CN
05-24-2019, 09:26 PM
How should this prevent AFK-farming? AFK-farmers use scripts to not get thrown out of the game while farming.

Baz828
05-24-2019, 09:46 PM
No idea what you mean by "Farming" but not quite sure you've used the best way to tackle it. At least add something that allows players to continue from where they were. It's so annoying having gone so far on the map, only to have the game reset us back where we started. There has to be a better way. something like pinning a location, otherwise what's the point of having such a big map for players to explore?

Ubi-Woofer
01-23-2020, 03:33 PM
How should this prevent AFK-farming? AFK-farmers use scripts to not get thrown out of the game while farming.

This is just one precaution taken. :)

No idea what you mean by "Farming" but not quite sure you've used the best way to tackle it. At least add something that allows players to continue from where they were. It's so annoying having gone so far on the map, only to have the game reset us back where we started. There has to be a better way. something like pinning a location, otherwise what's the point of having such a big map for players to explore?

Thank you for your feedback and ideas, Baz828, and please accept my apologies that we did not follow-up on your thread further until now.

Do you still have the same concerns with regard to the AFK time-out at this time? Approximately how many times have you experienced the error message?