PDA

View Full Version : Assistance needed on assistance needed command...

jamesdietz
01-26-2005, 09:48 AM
For sometime I've wanted to ask this question: When I Press command8 ( Ground Control) & ask for assistance from one of the other misdirected allied squadron off picking daisies somewhere & I happen to ba in Auyopilot mode ( or switch to it...) my entire flight including myself goes into a flying circles mode wherever the call for help is made & more irritating when help does arrive ( if it does)my flight continues to circle( if I tell them to go to next way pt they usually do ,but as long & will not go to next way pt( to meet enemy) unless or until I go out of auto pilot.If the enemy is still some ways away I now have to fly normal or maybe 2X mode for the entire distance ( but now with some help.On short distance missions this isn't too bad , but in Pacific Missions well ...you know these can be awfully long routes.Does anyone have an idea to stop this circling nonsense????

jamesdietz
01-26-2005, 09:48 AM
For sometime I've wanted to ask this question: When I Press command8 ( Ground Control) & ask for assistance from one of the other misdirected allied squadron off picking daisies somewhere & I happen to ba in Auyopilot mode ( or switch to it...) my entire flight including myself goes into a flying circles mode wherever the call for help is made & more irritating when help does arrive ( if it does)my flight continues to circle( if I tell them to go to next way pt they usually do ,but as long & will not go to next way pt( to meet enemy) unless or until I go out of auto pilot.If the enemy is still some ways away I now have to fly normal or maybe 2X mode for the entire distance ( but now with some help.On short distance missions this isn't too bad , but in Pacific Missions well ...you know these can be awfully long routes.Does anyone have an idea to stop this circling nonsense????

Heavy_Weather
01-26-2005, 11:47 AM
they will sit and loiter in that general area until you tell them to rejoin formation, thats if like you said, your calling HQ for help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif