PDA

View Full Version : Destroying objects

hairyfatback2
05-23-2019, 06:31 AM
Hello,

This should be simple but I can't seem to find it. Is there an event to destroy objects? More specifically primitives? I know the break event exists, but that doesn't work on primitives. I'm looking for something that deletes the object from the level when triggered. Thanks!

OLD_RockMan
05-23-2019, 07:48 PM
What I have done before on fusion was use a trigger and visibility event to make an object visible/hidden, and also, use a set value event with variable data source to change the objects physic type from default to non contact response.

Example: When trigger is activated, the impulse is sent to the visibility event making the object hidden. The impulse is then sent from there to the set value event that changes the variable data source from 0 to 2. The objects physic type is linked to this data source. 0 is default physic type, 2 is non contact response.

You can place an effect event in there as well with an explosion effect. So when trigger activates, it turns on explosion effect, at same time is makes the object hidden, and sets it's physic type to non contact.

hairyfatback2
05-25-2019, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that there was a way to completely delete the object to improve track performance. This would have allowed me to spawn in a lot more, but I guess if the visibility event is the only way ten that's what I'll use.

OLD_RockMan
05-26-2019, 02:33 AM
You could use an OPE to move the object far out of the area when destroyed, this may help some performance.