PDA

View Full Version : Zoomed out screen! Still no fix since May 2018!

KlippiesSA
05-20-2019, 11:09 PM
This is getting really annoying. No Ubi_Troller, please dont give a generic reply like you always do with this issue. Why! Is! The! Game! Zoomed! Out! On! Some! Devices!

I mean really! common, i complained about this so long ago and some of my threads are even removed. This is becoming a joke. Also don't reply by saying you have reported this to the team and returning by saying "This is how the game should look like" BS! Why do some phones display the game perfectly then others zoomed out. There is clearly a bug that we have been complaining about for a long *** time already. Please get this fixed! Stop saying you will look into it and just get it fixed already. I am tired of complaining, now I need to sound like a old *** grandpa complaining because you just shove this issue aside as always. Now it is time to address this issue!

KlippiesSA
06-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Lol should have guesses this will be ignored.

nik_lin
06-04-2019, 11:11 AM
I know the feeling... ;) Any requests for bug fixes seem to be ignored, sadly :(

KlippiesSA
06-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubi-Toller
06-05-2019, 04:44 PM
This isn't a bug, that's how the game is intended to look. I can certainly let the team know that you wish there were options to resize the screen.

KlippiesSA
06-05-2019, 04:58 PM
I can't agree, my colleague has the same phone but his phone is not zoomed out. But if we can have the option to remove the zoom that will be great. Not sure who would prefer that but we do need this.

KlippiesSA
06-05-2019, 05:02 PM
When can we expect this change? And as I mentioned in the original post I knew you were going to say the same generic post saying that is how the game should be. I am not sure how your team performs QA before pushing your changes to production but it is really bad. We need this fix ASAP as we have been complaining for over a year and I am going to say it again. It is not how it should be else my colleagues phone will do the same thing which it doesn't. No generic replies please!

Ubi-Toller
06-05-2019, 05:29 PM
I know that some devices have settings outside the game that can adjust the appearance of some games, but I don't know specifics. Perhaps you could ask your friend if that's something they did? Unless you have already, of course.

KlippiesSA
06-05-2019, 05:37 PM
I did try this before in my previous threads that have been removed and it doesn't work. I tried every trick in the book, it doesn't work. Like I mentioned before this was a issue with iPhone and I remember in another thread that was fixed and since then other phones started experiencing this issue. It is random, there is no specific device that has this issue.

Ga56001
06-07-2019, 02:33 AM
I was forced to start using a pair of 4x reading glasses after they messed with this.... and I have a Samsung Galaxy s10 plus! Literally 50% of the screen is completely wasted on each side of the playfield. It’s impossible to see fighter levels with everything so tiny during a match.

KlippiesSA
06-13-2019, 03:46 PM
Bump

KlippiesSA
06-26-2019, 09:30 AM
Bbuummpp!!

KlippiesSA
07-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Bump nr 6000!

KlippiesSA
07-08-2019, 10:49 AM
SIgh

nik_lin
07-08-2019, 02:42 PM
I saw it on a mate 20 pro and it looked really stretched out but at least it was covering the entire screen, no black bars.

Seems strange that no one seems to know if there is a setting for this, or what controls whether you get bars or stretch.

Cural42
07-09-2019, 05:39 AM
I don't see anywhere in this thread stating which phone you have, though another poster on this thread stated he had this issue on an S10 Plus. However, I was wondering whether you'd seen the post by Jsc0tt88 on this page:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2082747-Developer-Update-4th-of-July-Week/?page=3

I don't know whether your phone is one that would be fixed by this, but you could check it out to see if it does.

horvi193
07-17-2019, 10:20 PM
I bought a Samsung galaxy s10e and my game is zoomed out too. I can't find any option in the game to change this. The only thing I could do is to set the game to fullscreen but this doesn't help much, in pvp matches half of the screen is "unused". I can see way behind NKs, and the characters are tiny. Please find out something because it's almost unplayable :(

Sacrosanct89
07-19-2019, 02:35 PM
I just started a game and the opponent has MBP medusa and witch doctor, killed them all once and the quest counted 2 so i guess medusa does not count. jesus Christ, 2 more.....:(((

Cynichism
07-24-2019, 03:30 PM
I'm still having this problem. Using a PH-1 Essential phone. Android.. whatever flavor, most recent update. I was told the screen is supposed to look like this. Obviously it's not because other players have different looking screens, but whatever.

You do get used to it.. kind of... adapt or die, all that, but it would still be nice to have an in-game resolution change option for those of us (and it's more than just a couple people, but I guess not enough to actually make anyone do anything about it) who are having this issue.

Just my thoughts. Please for the love of god don't tell me this is being looked at by development teams or it's an intended thing again. Seriously.

KlippiesSA
07-24-2019, 04:28 PM
Good luck getting an answer Cynichism I have been complaining for over a year. Dev have no interest in fixing a issue they believe is not an issue, and toller just cherry picks the support tickers she likes to reply to. She is the most useless social media support ever.

Ubi-Toller
07-24-2019, 05:13 PM
I have already answered this question. This is how the game is intended to look on your devices. We have no plans to change it.

Cynichism
07-26-2019, 12:01 PM
I have already answered this question. This is how the game is intended to look on your devices. We have no plans to change it.

If this is the way the game is intended to look, why doesn't it look the same on everyone's device? For those who have no zoomed out playing experience, are they actually experiencing a bug, and if so are you at least looking into that issue for them?

Or are you actually telling me there is some preference for certain phone manufacturers over others?

horvi193
07-26-2019, 10:16 PM

Excuse me but on my previous device, which was a honor 8 (has almost the same screen size but I think the resolution differs I'm not sure) the game was absolutely playable. Now imagine you buy a new phone, the screen size is nearly identical but everything is tiny in pvp. How is this even possible? When I open the game "menu" on my prev. phone, the menu looks like its an iPhone. When I open the menu on my new device (galaxy s10e) it looks like a tablet. Maybe the game thinks I'm playing on a tablet because of the resolution is above a certain limit? That would make sense in theory but then why it's not changeable? I can't find ingame option to change this. :(

joeburns7857
09-01-2019, 10:28 PM
I really appreciated this game. I played almost 1000 hours of it. Now that I have a Samsung s10 it is unbearable. There is no way to get the pvp size right. Can you please do something about this. When I first started playing it was nice and full sized and then that update for the iPhones came and ****ed it all up. Now I can't get it to be the size it was. In the words of Terrance and Philip: "This game is worse than I thought." Do something about it.

Pappi_Chuwlo
09-02-2019, 12:44 AM
I just made a post about this, not everyone is experiencing this issue on their devices, yet this is the way it's intended to be played? What if developers actually had implemented two options 1) with full screen zoom out 2) full screen no zoom out? Since alot of people are opposed to how it looks on some devices?

jakezze01
09-13-2019, 04:57 PM
Your team really needs to test this on a galaxy s10 plus.
Please stop ignoring us as this has been mentioned in countless posts on these threads, the dev updates, discord, line app, facebook, etc.

Test the settings specifically using a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, please for the love of everything you think you know.

Cynichism
09-21-2019, 09:32 AM

Please have another look at this thread. I understand if there isn't a fix available, but at least admit this wasn't an intentional feature of the game. I've managed to make do with the resolution as it is, but I know by game play suffers for it because I can't drop units with the same precision as someone with a different phone.

Cynichism
09-24-2019, 02:02 AM
Seems like this may become more of an issue down the road as larger phones comes out which didn't get tested or whatever.

I can help by letting the devs know that a Samsung phone has something called 'Gaming Launcher" app which includes the ability to adjust screen resolution on games. Maybe you guys could look at that for a possible fix? Not all of us have Samsung phones obviously, myself included, so this issue will continue to be a problem until someone can address it properly.

jerico2k
10-16-2019, 06:37 PM
Fix this issue

Cynichism
10-20-2019, 10:29 PM
They would have to admit it's an issue first.