PDA

View Full Version : If you have the PC VERSION I reccomend playing with this mod..



bughole5
03-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Here guys, try the mod.....use this file with texmod...
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/27501062/chinese.tpf

step 1 - package mode

step 2 - click on the folder under target application and choose the main .exe for the acb game (ACBSP.exe)

step 3 - click on the folder on the left of created by... now choose the file chinese.tpf in browse

step 4 - click on Run...make sure you have the assassins white robes and cape

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7664/60mod.png

TSLlol
03-19-2011, 11:56 PM
^could be a good texture for Assassins in Osaka (LOL I JUST MADE A REFERENCE TO ONE OF SHAUNs EMAILS INGAME)

anyway I'm staying with the original but nice effort http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ace3001
03-20-2011, 02:21 AM
Wow, that's cool! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Could you please make one with Ezio's default face, though? This beard-less one looks a bit odd.

Chief-ubi.com
03-20-2011, 02:32 AM
would you like to post a snapped screen?

bughole5
03-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Chief-ubi.com:
would you like to post a snapped screen?

what do you mean snapped screen ? I just put up a screen of the mod

Six_Gun
03-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Sorry, Ezio looks like a GAYsha in that bughole getup.

bughole5
03-20-2011, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
Sorry, Ezio looks like a GAYsha in that bughole getup.

what's wrong with gaysha's, bro ? You feeling insecure ? lol

truffletoast
03-20-2011, 04:14 AM
While I actually like the art style and think that it's well made, I am a little concerned about the writings all over his robe. Do we know what they translate to?

I mean, it sure would be awesome to have "Vengeful murderer of the heavens, templars and townguards alike" written all over your back, but it somehow equals to trying to board a plane while wearing a ski mask and a shirt that says "I'm going to blow all of you nonbelievers to kingdom come!".

That is, if Ezio actually is in asia, where they can read whatever is written on his robe. Considering he is still in Italy, the guards probably won't kill him on sight because they don't know what the writings say. At the same time, the "blend with the crowd" thing probably won't work anymore. The crowd, with all of it's medieval openness isn't very likely to let the weird guy, who is wearing clothing from the other edge of the world, blend in.

bughole5
03-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by TIV73:
While I actually like the art style and think that it's well made, I am a little concerned about the writings all over his robe. Do we know what they translate to?

I mean, it sure would be awesome to have "Vengeful murderer of the heavens, templars and townguards alike" written all over your back, but it somehow equals to trying to board a plane while wearing a ski mask and a shirt that says "I'm going to blow all of you nonbelievers to kingdom come!".

That is, if Ezio actually is in asia, where they can read whatever is written on his robe. Considering he is still in Italy, the guards probably won't kill him on sight because they don't know what the writings say. At the same time, the "blend with the crowd" thing probably won't work anymore. The crowd, with all of it's medieval openness isn't very likely to let the weird guy, who is wearing clothing from the other edge of the world, blend in.

it's just a mod bro haha relax...Ezio's outfit already sticks out compared to the npc's

wlodi
03-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Do you know any other mods? Is there a website with Assassin's Creed mods? I would definitely check out more custom skins!

bughole5
03-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by wlodi:
Do you know any other mods? Is there a website with Assassin's Creed mods? I would definitely check out more custom skins!

did you try this one ? Post some screens.....


here is another one that I made

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4360/91dd.png

Six_Gun
03-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by bughole5:what's wrong with gaysha's, bro ? You feeling insecure ? lol Maybe I didn't make myself clear, I didn't mean "geisha" literally, I meant it makes Ezio look a bit too effeminate IMO. Sorry if the word gay is too offensive to some, it was humor.

Johnny Depp looking frilly in Pirates of the Caribbean works, after all it's a comedy. Assassin's Creed however is meant to be a serious visceral action game involving lots of stealth.

Personally I don't even like the striped Altair garb you start the game with. Aside from looking a bit clownish, an assassin should not stand out in a crowd so much with shall we say, "loud" attire.

bughole5
03-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bughole5:what's wrong with gaysha's, bro ? You feeling insecure ? lol Maybe I didn't make myself clear, I didn't mean "geisha" literally, I meant it makes Ezio look a bit too effeminate IMO. Sorry if the word gay is too offensive to some, it was humor.

Johnny Depp looking frilly in Pirates of the Caribbean works, after all it's a comedy. Assassin's Creed however is meant to be a serious visceral action game involving lots of stealth.

Personally I don't even like the striped Altair garb you start the game with. Aside from looking a bit clownish, an assassin should not stand out in a crowd so much with shall we say, "loud" attire. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


No, you're right bro...assassins dress like regular people to blend in....Ninja's in Japan werent wearing those black outfit that the west thinks they did, ninjas used to dress like regular farmers.

Six_Gun
03-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bughole5:
No, you're right bro...assassins dress like regular people to blend in....Ninja's in Japan werent wearing those black outfit that the west thinks they did, ninjas used to dress like regular farmers. Yes I know, the films distort the reality. It's good artwork in the design btw. With a bit different style of robe and pants it would fit a female character in an RPG style game well. I just think AC is getting too fancy. Altair had a relatively plain style of clothing compared to what they call his Altair clothes in AC2. They even use comments from the guards mocking him for wearing a "funny costume". Honestly, what were they thinking doing this? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

bughole5
03-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bughole5:
No, you're right bro...assassins dress like regular people to blend in....Ninja's in Japan werent wearing those black outfit that the west thinks they did, ninjas used to dress like regular farmers. Yes I know, the films distort the reality. It's good artwork in the design btw. With a bit different style of robe and pants it would fit a female character in an RPG style game well. I just think AC is getting too fancy. Altair had a relatively plain style of clothing compared to what they call his Altair clothes in AC2. They even use comments from the guards mocking him for wearing a "funny costume". Honestly, what were they thinking doing this? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well Ezio was a playboy type character who cared about things like clothing, women, etc....So, I guess he was more into the fashion of that time....Tahir on the other hand didn't have time to care about how he looks haha

PuddingNL
03-21-2011, 04:47 AM
It looks nice but why doing a geisha look during the Italian Renaissance?

TooEze
03-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Agreed, I know this is all subjective but why do people enrich a game with mods that absolutely do not fit the theme. I had similar disagreements on 'awesome' mods in Fallout.

bughole5
03-21-2011, 10:08 AM
lol it's a game, are you worried about realism ? give me a break...one of ezios homeboys went to china and got him this outfit lmao

Six_Gun
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by bughole5:
well Ezio was a playboy type character who cared about things like clothing, women, etc....So, I guess he was more into the fashion of that time....Tahir on the other hand didn't have time to care about how he looks haha More so in his younger days when running about town flirting recklessly before he even knew about the assassin biz his father was in. After that his mission of vengeance became the priority, and a very serious one.

Besides, he's already appealing to the women in the normal assassin attire as evidenced by Katerina's (misspelled by Ubi btw) drooling over him at Forli. Making him frilly looking I tend to think would have the reverse effect.

This costume is not only a throw back to his less mature days, it doesn't really fit the theme of a renaissance assassin as has been said, and is even effeminate to some degree.

I'm not willing to say alternative costumes wouldn't have been nice. For one, a simple black one would be fitting for stealth. Something without all the stripes of the Altair garb from AC2 maybe.

An assassin's attire shouldn't have an obvious trademark on it by the designer that stands out and says, "Hey I created this, isn't it fabulous?!"

PuddingNL
03-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by bughole5:
lol it's a game, are you worried about realism ? give me a break...one of ezios homeboys went to china and got him this outfit lmao

Just curious why he has chosen a geisha look instead of something Italian.

And the theme has nothing to do with realism...

bughole5
03-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by PuddingNL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bughole5:
lol it's a game, are you worried about realism ? give me a break...one of ezios homeboys went to china and got him this outfit lmao

Just curious why he has chosen a geisha look instead of something Italian.

And the theme has nothing to do with realism... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the theme has nothing to do with realism, why are you worried about the italian theme having chinese art...oh, because it's not realistic...lmao

Ostracized
03-21-2011, 07:34 PM
I was not going to bother posting but...

geez people relax. base the judgement on the look of the mod, which was done well. So its not your cup of tea... PC gamers are used to modding things and costumes are a prime example and have a huge history with it.

Not your thing? Fine dont need to sit here and bash the poor guy for doing something for other people. I like the artwork is well dont and the brown cloak is expectialy nice looking to me. Well done I say and I hope people enjoy it.

daci_mvrl
03-21-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't think anyone would want these skins..

simply put: I just had someone read the chinese writings.....

apparently, the words that are showing on the front of the character say: plug, wipe, congeal

ok.....?

plug up the hole, wipe it clean, and let the poo solidify?

speaking of which: http://worshipai.pixnet.net/blog/post/31375714

the tattoo says silly american

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-22-2011, 01:16 AM
its just changing the textures,but i agree with others that it should be more assassin themed,and not as it looks now..a bit camp and gary glitter for my tastes.

now if you get round to adding a mod to change clothing to fit whatever mission he is on,then great.
seems like a true assassin would steal the garb of wherever he is infiltrating.
at least kill a guard and take his gear,or a monk,a farmer,a street walker etc.

fyi,careful of the high detail textures,they could ned up bringing a lower end pc to a standstill.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

PuddingNL
03-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Relax! Don't get me wrong, I really like the mod! I'm just curious why it's not Italian themed... wow...

NightmareGK13
03-22-2011, 05:55 AM
can you try out a white hooded and mantled helmschmied drachen :P

ARustyFirePlace
03-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by bughole5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wlodi:
Do you know any other mods? Is there a website with Assassin's Creed mods? I would definitely check out more custom skins!

did you try this one ? Post some screens.....


here is another one that I made

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4360/91dd.png </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Link for that one?

Black_Widow9
03-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Please do not create multiple Topics for the same discussion. Use your existing 1st Thread.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>