PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Hyper Armor

froggy.style
05-18-2019, 11:13 AM
I know there are millions of threads on the raider, but why does the raider need the hyper armor? this is getting me so so much and he just doesn't need it. i really suggest getting rid of it. one of the only ways to stop him is to just hit him but with the armor you can't even do that. he is very very hard to face and the armor is just not needed.

no joke i think I'm about ten to fifteen percent win rate in duels vs the new raider. before the rework i was about 50 50 vs them as a valk main.

Id like to hear if other people are losing quite a lot to him like i am. all the tips I've gotten to face him just don't work. he has answers to literally anything i can do. feels bad.

DaytimeRaider
05-19-2019, 07:51 PM
I know there are millions of threads on the raider, but why does the raider need the hyper armor? this is getting me so so much and he just doesn't need it. i really suggest getting rid of it. one of the only ways to stop him is to just hit him but with the armor you can't even do that. he is very very hard to face and the armor is just not needed.

no joke i think I'm about ten to fifteen percent win rate in duels vs the new raider. before the rework i was about 50 50 vs them as a valk main.

Id like to hear if other people are losing quite a lot to him like i am. all the tips I've gotten to face him just don't work. he has answers to literally anything i can do. feels bad.

Correct me if Im wrong but I believe he only has hyper armor on his chained heavies. Thats not much hyper armor at all. Its not like he is beserker amount of hyper armor. His hyper armor is more used to throw a heavy out and trade but in my opinion his heavies are still super easy parry bait so many don't seem to follow through with it and just feint to guard break.

Vendelkin
05-19-2019, 10:06 PM
Ive complained about raiders current state elsewhere BUT
I see no reason to nerf his HA if dodge on gb is removed/changed. He didnt reaaalllly need it either but i feel likr its not a terrible addition to his kit.

DaytimeRaider
05-19-2019, 10:40 PM
Ive complained about raiders current state elsewhere BUT
I see no reason to nerf his HA if dodge on gb is removed/changed. He didnt reaaalllly need it either but i feel likr its not a terrible addition to his kit.

Yeah since his major buffs, dodge on guard break can be removed its an unneeded and unwanted mechanic by many. I love playing raider and main him but I won't be hurt if his dodge on guardbreak goes since he can now more than hold his own in duels single fights now. his hyper armor on the chained heavies is decently balanced since they are super slow. You mainly have to worry about the feint to guardbreak then getting hit by hyperarmor heavies

froggy.style
05-19-2019, 11:02 PM
well, maybe its just me but he trades so much on me just from the hyper armor alone. i keep trying to disrupt him but i forget about the armor and get hit. he has plenty of tools and i think the armor is over the top. armor is such a stupid mechanic in this game anyway.

DaytimeRaider
05-19-2019, 11:19 PM
well, maybe its just me but he trades so much on me just from the hyper armor alone. i keep trying to disrupt him but i forget about the armor and get hit. he has plenty of tools and i think the armor is over the top. armor is such a stupid mechanic in this game anyway.

I can see where your coming from not a major fan of hyperarmor as a mechanic overall besides on really slow attacking characters but its here to stay. He does have plenty of tools for sure so I can understand I guess all I could really say is in 4's I at least tend to let hyperarmor heavies fly if there is multiple people fighting but in a 1v1 I tend to feint to GB since they can be parried relatively easy. Don't know if that helps much and I cant say anything for all other raider users but thats at least how I use hyperarmor heavies in 4s and 1s.

Knight_Raime
05-20-2019, 04:13 PM
The only thing gross about his HA is he gets it 100ms into the attack. We've never had that kind of aggressive activation of HA. Even Hitokiri who's a problem right now because of how easy it is to trade into her opponent gets HA 400ms into her heavy. Him having armor isn't really a big deal imho. Just the numbers in his kit.