PDA

View Full Version : Get the Tuner a Q-tip

RedHotFuzz
11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the sound coming out of my guitar on some songs curdles the milk in the refrigerator and makes the neighbor's dog howl. No way this is in tune, despite what the tuner said (yes, I'm hitting the right strings and frets).

Either Rocksmith's tuner has a problem at times or the original recording artists didn't know how to tune a guitar. I'm guessing the former.

Anyone else out there with this problem?

Dresden358
11-03-2011, 06:24 PM
I posted the same thing earlier. I could tell my guitar was out of tune for 3 songs before rocksmith did. If I recognised it it must have been way out. I suck.

praecantrix
11-03-2011, 06:42 PM
yeah the tuner is not very accurate. well the inbetween song tune up tuner. the actual tuner isn't too bad

stimike
11-04-2011, 06:34 AM
I recommend picking up a Snark, the blue one. It attaches to the head stock of your guitar and works via vibrations to tune. Very awesome tuner and I use it every day to make sure I'm still in tune. Helps a lot especially since you dont have to unplug and replug in any cables you just clamp it on, turn it on, play the note, make adjustments for any corrections, then take it off, turn it off, and keep jamming http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

JinjaBeard
11-04-2011, 09:18 AM
the tuner is certainly not 100%
double check your intonation though...even if your open strings are perfectly in tune, as soon as you play any fret you could be out if your intonation is way off.

but yeah, the tuner needs some work. i find it _almost_ accurate enough when it is in tuning-peg mode, but it's too forgiving between songs.