PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard lag...

Lethalla
01-03-2011, 01:06 PM
What's going on with the Leaderboards?
Everytime I check the no of Ranked Players has increased by several thousand, yet the Boards show severely outdated rankings.

My stats are as follows:

Statistics
All Time Score 857540
Time Played 2d 21hr
Best Session Score 7300
All Time Kills 1232
All Time Stuns 344

Leaderboard
All Time Score 582870
Time Played 1d 13hr
Best Session Score 5450
All Time Kills 935
All Time Stuns 151

Since I can't play all day (work, family) or all night (sleep) - and when I DO play I'm often waiting for games far longer than I'm actually playing sessions - those Leaderboard stats are <span class="ev_code_RED">really</span> outdated.

Yeah, I know, what's the point of looking at them... well, what's the point of HAVING them if they're that inaccurate? It says at the bottom of the screen "Leaderboards are updated every few hours". And it's not a case of delay caused by public holidays, I'm fairly certain Ubi wouldn't have a person changing these manually, that it would be an automated process.
The question is, then, why my rankings have changed whenever I check even though my leaderboard scores haven't... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Rainie
01-03-2011, 02:34 PM
The worldwide leaderboards only takes scores played in ranked games, so if you've been doing player games or matches with friends those scores aren't reflected in your leaderboard score

Lethalla
01-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Right.... except I haven't played any Player games or matches with friends (the only two guys I know who have heard of AC haven't actually bought Brotherhood yet). I don't even select Ranked Matches any more, b/c the number of players hardly ever goes above 1 (since Xmas) - it's faster, it seems, to go into Play Now - unless those matches count as Player Matches? If that's the case it seems a bit unfair as far as the Leaderboards are concerned.
Grrr...

Malex McBlat
01-03-2011, 09:53 PM
When you highlight Play Now it states: "Join a PLAYER MATCH in any available mode."

I am not putting Player Match in all caps to be a jerk. It is literally in all caps in the descriptive text.

Jack-Reacher
01-03-2011, 10:07 PM
TC is right, there is a huge delay in the leaderboards, I only play RANKED Manhunt and my score and playtime is way different in my stats than on the leaderboard