PDA

View Full Version : More questions

MrPattison
05-15-2019, 07:48 PM
I've been 50/50 on whether I should purchase this game or not mainly because of little things I liked but now I'm not sure if they're going to be available or not.

1. It had a satisfying thump when you shot someone, the new trailer didn't show that. Can anyone confirm if this is removed?

2. One of the thoughts I picked on from a lot of players was a female picking up the guy.... What role does this game have with females being Ghosts? Is the game based on reality or having to cater for "nowadays" to avoid negative feedback?

3. Is there gonna be an Android app like GRW had?

4. The view shown in the trailer didn't seem all that pleasing and some of the graphics didn't look right. Is the temperamental or would this be fixed?

LoneSpymaster
05-15-2019, 09:25 PM
1. You are talking about the annoying hit sound? In trailers/gameplay most the time "assist stuff" is turn off because those demos are scripted so there's no need for any in-game help.

2. I do not understand the "female Ghosts role" thing. There is a female Ghost because that's what the player choose to play as in the game, the only character that has a role is Nomad, the other 3 nameless Ghosts are there to show the coop mechanics the game has, nothing else, there is no such thing as "roles". Is just a character that was use to fill up the coop gameplay.

3. Maybe as this game is also going to have a grinding behind it.

4. It was an alpha trailer, nothing they show is going to be the same in the final game, it may look better or worst.

DanHibikiFanXM
05-15-2019, 10:10 PM
For question #2 itís imperative to understand that there have been female ghosts literally since the first game. Ubisoft is not catering to anything or anyone with allowing female characters - itís literally just a feature thatís been in the franchise for nearly 20 years now.

Red Storm was ahead of their time.

WarChild421
05-16-2019, 12:57 AM
#1, I hope that stupid sound is gone for good, it can go along with the "detection" sound! The only time you hear a bullet hit someone is when the shooter is far enough away that you don't hear the report. But as a ghost shouldn't be in that position ever...

#2, my wife likes playing the game as a woman, thus likes being able to pick a woman to play as. Is it realistic that a woman could pick a man up in full kit as easily as in the trailer? No, but its not a milsim game and the characters gender doesnt effect any story points so...

#3, I didn't even know there was a app for GR:W, ill have to look at that

#4, its still 6 months from release, which means they will be doing a lot of optimisation/balance, or should be if they follow normal game making.