PDA

View Full Version : Servers Feel Off

bLACK.bEACH
05-15-2019, 07:35 AM
Ever since the Sakura update, the game has felt really off and I can't quite put my finger on it. I play on Xbox and its like the guard break counter timing and parrying are different. Did they change server tick rates or something and I just missed it? Its not my internet, its not my xbox, its not my controller. Been using the same equipment and playstyle since season 8 without any issues. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues or did I have a stroke in my sleep and my brain stopped working like it used to?

froggy.style
05-15-2019, 07:37 AM
I made a thread about it with the cent parry timing. But i think everything feels a bit off. I can't get the parries like i used to. I play on pc so I don't think its just console. something is off, I agree.

bLACK.bEACH
05-15-2019, 07:44 AM
Right? Usually you can just spam guardbreak to counter but I always just end up throwing one into the wind after a successful counter and its been getting me killed so often. I thought Hitokiri's heavy timing was really weird (almost as if you have to parry earlier than normal.) but now im convinced its the game its self. Also people are dropping out of games like flies and its like every other match fails to save after game xp and items.

Illyrian_King
05-15-2019, 04:28 PM
Same here ... it really feels like having a ping of 100 or higher eventhough it is just around 30.

bLACK.bEACH
05-15-2019, 10:28 PM
UPDATE: I now noticed another thing I want to add. When playing brawls and someone's health is low enough to die from a heavy attack and they block one, they die for like a fraction of a second and the UI pops up with their shield being crossed out and it saying 2v2 or 2v1 or whatever as well. Then they are back in the game. This is something that I have noticed in the past, but chalked it up to lag, but its happening every match now.

We.the.North
05-16-2019, 12:27 AM
Ever since the Sakura update, I disconnect from 2/3 of my games.

It's unplayable.

AlphawolfyUP
05-16-2019, 04:13 PM
UPDATE: I now noticed another thing I want to add. When playing brawls and someone's health is low enough to die from a heavy attack and they block one, they die for like a fraction of a second and the UI pops up with their shield being crossed out and it saying 2v2 or 2v1 or whatever as well. Then they are back in the game. This is something that I have noticed in the past, but chalked it up to lag, but its happening every match now.

This, I have had rounds where I land a heavy, get the execution choices and then suddenly they are still alive and smacking me. Once a rare occurence vs really really laggy players, it seems to happen far too often against 30ms opponents right now. For a while I've held a suspicion that the FH servers are not as good as the game makes them appear, and this happening with nothing to suggest a change just proves that to me.

Adding for clarity's sake, I play on PC, perfect connection, perfect framerate, no issues on other mp games.