PDA

View Full Version : Dev Update - May 2019

UbiKeeba
05-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Greetings Riders,

The Trials Rising production teams at Ubisoft Redlynx & Ubisoft Kiev are hard at work on more fixes and improvements for our next Trials Rising patch due to arrive later this month. While they work, the community team would like to take a moment to share a few updates on hot topics related to this next patch and beyond.

Known Issues List

We’ve recently overhauled our Known Issues list (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2001987-Known-Issues-UPDATED-April-19)on the support board of our forums. Now in addition to listing many of the issues, the team is working on and any workarounds that may be available, we’ve also added a few status tags to give you a better idea of the progress on specific issues. Is an issue being investigated? Maybe a fix is in progress or, better yet, ready for the next update. Each known issue will be tagged with a status and these will be updated whenever new information is available. The Known Issues list (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2001987-Known-Issues-UPDATED-April-19) can be found on the main Tech Support (https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1995-Technical-Support) board of these forums.

Multiplayer

The team has been taking a hard look at the behavior of the ranked multiplayer. We’ve taken into account the feedback we’ve received from players as well as the data we’ve collected on the system’s performance so far during Season One. We’ve identified some issues with the configuration of the system however as we’ve tested fixes and balances what we’ve found is that even with adjustments, then it isn’t performing the way we’d like within our seasonal structure. The team is currently testing an alternative scoring system and plan to have it ready for the start of Season Two. Details on changes or improvements to the ranked multiplayer will be shared once they have been tested and validated for a patch.

We’ve also heard players’ feedback regarding the match scoring in both public and private multiplayer modes. The match scoring in Trials Rising was intended to make multiplayer scoring easy to understand and less punishing but we recognize that the current scoring is too forgiving in regards to DNFs. The team is investigating potential changes to match scoring as well. A big focus for the next patch has been on the multiplayer ranking system and that has taken priority over the match scoring. At this time we do not have an ETA for potential changes to match scoring.

Track Central

The team has also put some focus on Track Central for the next patch. We’ve come up with a list of improvements, updates, and suggestions we’ve identified or heard from players to work from. We won’t be able to address them all at once so expect more Track Central improvements to follow in future updates. For the next patch, changes to the layout, new feeds, and filters, as well as some smaller improvements, are being worked on. The team is also looking at the redirect that occurs after completing a custom track or other Track Central actions. We know that currently this behavior is inconsistent and we’d like it to always return the player to the place they were browsing before starting the track.

Leaderboard Clean Up

Leaderboards are a big part of Trials and we are aware that there are currently glitched or cheated scores in Trials Rising. There is a team investigating these scores and collecting scores for removal. This process is already underway and you may already notice some of these bad scores disappearing from the leaderboards. Keeping the leaderboards clean will be an ongoing process, not a one time action. Please be patient as our leaderboard moderators continue to monitor the leaderboards and remove bad scores.

Replays

In our last patch, there were some small changes to our track files that had the unfortunate result of causing replays created before the patch to potentially get stuck at some point during the replay. The replays themselves are not broken, it’s an issue with the default camera in replays made before these changes that is related to the track files themselves. The problem has been identified and the track files are being updated to fix the issue.

These are just a few of the areas the team is working on for our next patch. Keep an eye on these forums for a complete list of updates when we release the patch notes for the next update later this month. Until then, we’ll see you on the leaderboards.

calculusman1084
05-14-2019, 06:33 PM
Thank you for this. Being that this is some of the most detailed info we've gotten on progress since launch, i can only hope things continue in this manner.

Kungen_1
05-14-2019, 07:25 PM
Thank you for this. Being that this is some of the most detailed info we've gotten on progress since launch, i can only hope things continue in this manner.

Yea actually nice to see them communicate and that they care.
Please keep do this @Ubikeeba

- Kungen__1

FR_Dam143
05-14-2019, 10:17 PM
Leaderboards are a big part of Trials

Indeed, and yet you choose to deprive your customers that don't buy DLC (90% of your playerbase) from getting fair leaderboards. All it takes is a filter option between {global+dlc} and {global only}, a vital option for those who only compete on main 124 tracks. Put the filter on R3 button like you put trials/stadium/ninja filters on L3 button, and boom, it's done. Everyone has something to play for again, crazy!

Then you can say you have clean leaderboards, not this mathematical nonsense that mixes players with 124 tracks and players with 149 tracks and pretend they are competing together. It's easy to implement. No drawbacks. Huge benefits for everyone and the credibility of Rising as a competitive game with ranks. Only question is : will you do the right thing for once? Or will you keep dissapointing?

I'd like to get a firm answer on that this time.
Thank you.

Kungen_1
05-15-2019, 12:03 AM
Indeed, and yet you choose to deprive your customers that don't buy DLC (90% of your playerbase) from getting fair leaderboards.

This and the awful TC is the reason I stopped playing this game.
But I'm glad they at last have started communicating to the players.

LIONDEN1
05-15-2019, 01:40 PM
90% of the players dont buy the DLC, hummm. Interesting non fact.

pepparcookie
05-15-2019, 03:13 PM
Thank you very much for the update, it's nice to get some feedback on what is being worked on. Looking forward to the Track Central updates!

FrozenWaterfall
05-15-2019, 03:22 PM
90% of the players dont buy the DLC, hummm. Interesting non fact.

276K players on the leaderboard for main game track. 35K on the leaderboard for the DLC. That's what, 87.5% of players not playing the DLC?

Can anyone tell me if 87.5% is extremely close to 90%? Anyone? Basic math is hard. Or are we gonna get some magical excuse as to why the numbers are wrong? :)

Lionden, never change. Your ignorance and obnoxious attitude is an endless source of entertainment. ;)

No_Pro777
05-15-2019, 03:51 PM
Not very nice fact, that many of the issues won't get fixed with the next update :-(

LIONDEN1
05-15-2019, 06:02 PM
well thats not 90% then is it? And i'll keep doing my best frozen, just like i told you the Patch was coming this month, you're welcome. Keep with the childish name calling, i expect that from a kid.

LIONDEN1
05-15-2019, 06:10 PM
your math doesnt add up anyway Frozen, only 62 thousand on Black Gold (non dlc) and 33 thousand on Demolition Day (DLC), you cant go by those stats. some people just havent made it far enough or already gave up, so you are what you called me, i wont drop to your little kid level.

No_Pro777
05-15-2019, 06:17 PM
And what about the people who bought the Gold Edition? Are they included? ;-)

FrozenWaterfall
05-16-2019, 12:43 AM
i wont drop to your ... level.

i expect that from a kid.

drop to your little kid level.

Never change ;)

knorde
05-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Are some of the private multiplayer bugs will be fixed in the patch (bug 3 most important)?

Bug 1:
How can i select custom maps in private multiplayer?

In single player i have to go to each map and select download after i set it to favorite.
It does not download automaticly when i add to favorite.
In private multiplayer you can't see the map before you download it first in single player.

I think it is a bug.

Can you confirm this is a bug?

Bug 2:

The points are not correct.
If the first player finished he get 10 points.
The second player get 8 points.
It makes no different if the second player is finishing or not.
It will be much more fun if second player do not finish he get 0 points.
Now it is not needed to finish within the 30 seconds that the second player has to finish.
Finish or no finish is both 8 points.

Bug 3:

Why it is not possible to skip a map?
Now we have to leave multiplayer and start it again?

Bug 4:
When i add 30+ maps to favorite, in private mp you can only see max 30 maps.

Bug 5:
Can't select un-released tracks in private multiplayer (in Fusion it is possible).

Bug 6:
While uploading an map you can skip all the checkpoints so "unable to finisch" maps can still uploaded by this way.

s0ad667
05-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Damn, the crates issue is still at the "investigating" status. Anyway, glad to see some love for the TC and the online system.

Kungen_1
05-17-2019, 09:32 PM
Damn, the crates issue is still at the "investigating" status.

Well that's just good in my opinion. That's mean they at least trying to fix so that you can play the game as intended. Also really don't understand the guys that's upset with not getting loot crates, it is the last fixing this game needs.

- Kungen__1

s0ad667
05-17-2019, 11:16 PM
Customization is a big part of Rising and the crates are the main way to get more of those items. People have every right to be upset about a standard feature of the game not working as intended. So it's not "the last fixing this game needs", it needs to be fixed same as every other issue with the game.

Kungen_1
05-18-2019, 02:59 AM
Sorry say what? You telling me and all the others that can't even play this game properly to wait, so they can fix so you can get your loot crates? Thats seems fair, just so you can customise your character. If the loot crates are your biggest upset about the game you should be happy.

- Kungen__1

s0ad667
05-18-2019, 03:07 PM
You telling me and all the others that can't even play this game properly to wait, so they can fix so you can get your loot crates?

Not even close to what i said, lol. But whatever..

Smeghead89
05-19-2019, 03:25 AM
The loot crates issue does need fixing but I have to agree that game play should definitely be priority here. Some things are breaking the game in worse ways than others and can't really be put aside.

sonIccay
05-20-2019, 04:45 PM
Hey Dam and all others
i already followed your other thread around 4 weeks ago and iam curious how it will be decided on the part of ubisoft. Trials isnt a blockbuster game like Rocket League or GTA or something like that. But why ubisoft wants to destroy this game ?! They should cultivate this small and nice/great community and such activities do not contribute.

regards

SAMURAIGUNCRACK
05-25-2019, 03:47 PM
This bug game too, we can not do all the central tracks too much trouble.
editor: scores in ninja mode do not appear.
the rankings do not appear.
the game has too much trouble I do not advise

krapuldhunter
05-26-2019, 03:48 PM
trials rising: the most bored game I've ever seen but I prefer trials rising at trials fusion. you can not even play all the tracks of the central tracks in private multiplayer. beug in the editor for setting the scores in ninja modes. it's been 12 times that I finish green belt and my score does not appear. we can not even do the collection of the tracks of the central without the tracks disadvantage themselves and unload themselves. we can not even do the supercross tracks in the private multi player etc. I have talked with a lot of people and they are not ready to buy a game ubisoft if nothing is resolved, total disrespect towards the players.