PDA

View Full Version : Breakpoint Recap Articles

UbiInsulin
05-13-2019, 10:38 PM
We have a few articles to share with you all recapping the Announcement event! Feel free to view them below. Also an update on the Wildlands Walker Costume, it will be coming after May. No exact date quite yet but will be sure to share that information when we can.

-Breakpoint Announcement Highlights (https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/4yPEOB4cqo57EXGPsvwNqR/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-Announcement-Highlights)

-Shared Progression and Ghost War (https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/7D2LGId8hXhzDslGp1lzxz/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-Shared-Progression-and-Ghost-War)

-Survival Behind Enemy Lines (https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/73VqAUZqtjmCPYnTN1124D/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-Survival-Behind-Enemy-Lines)

-Story and Setting (https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/6GsLTnDWWJVzs2QMHl3sZL/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-Story-and-Setting)

-Post-Launch (https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/24DYDdSXHIdrYLEGYJPBCH/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-Post-Launch)

igrvks
05-13-2019, 10:55 PM
I'm typing additional sentences in response to stuff I come to across while reading these. Apologies if it makes the post hard to read.

The shotgun zerg rusher, the armored heavy, the RPG soldier... It's all there man. I would probably feel more excitement if I didn't meet literally all of them in post-apocalypse Washington D.C. just a few months ago. :nonchalance: Also, the decision that a certain class ghost operative is literally physically unable to pick up a certain weapon type just deserves a big round of applause.

Later in the game, the focus will shift from surviving an unfamiliar world towards surviving what your enemies can throw at you by using the best gear, skills, and tactics you’ve mastered while playing.

You won’t be punished in PvP for having a lower level or gear.

So basically endgame bullet sponge hell, normalized dark zo... PvP and tier system for gear confirmed? The promo package mentions headshots being a one shot kill (not including the heavy of course...) but no one is mentioning how much punishment the drones are able to take. It apparently has tier loot, it has identical enemy archetypes... This seems literally more like a Division 2 expansion sold as a standalone game the more I read through the official promotional material.

I would love to be proven wrong.

Unholy_Major
05-14-2019, 12:47 AM
Seriously?
Ghost Recon BreakDivision 2.1
I totally lost interest in the game after what I read in those articles! So for me to eliminate a "Rocket Gunner" I'll have to shoot his backpack? OMG! (FarCry Ctrl+C Ctrl+V).
The enemy class was totally copied from The Division, a game I've never had an interest in playing just for the RPG elements. 200 headshots with an LMG to knock down an enemy? No, thank you...
The player classes also disappointed me a lot! I thought only the skills were locked to the classes but by what I read in the article the weapons and equipments are also blocked for each class?! This was a very bad idea to put PvE classes in this way because of PvP. Tier Weapon loot? Purple drops or Yellow drops? C'mon Ubisoft?!
I do not think Ubisoft is listening to community feedback. In fact I highly doubt it!

MurdahDem
05-14-2019, 07:10 PM
I'm typing additional sentences in response to stuff I come to across while reading these. Apologies if it makes the post hard to read.

The shotgun zerg rusher, the armored heavy, the RPG soldier... It's all there man. I would probably feel more excitement if I didn't meet literally all of them in post-apocalypse Washington D.C. just a few months ago. :nonchalance: Also, the decision that a certain class ghost operative is literally physically unable to pick up a certain weapon type just deserves a big round of applause.

So basically endgame bullet sponge hell, normalized dark zo... PvP and tier system for gear confirmed? The promo package mentions headshots being a one shot kill (not including the heavy of course...) but no one is mentioning how much punishment the drones are able to take. It apparently has tier loot, it has identical enemy archetypes... This seems literally more like a Division 2 expansion sold as a standalone game the more I read through the official promotional material.

I would love to be proven wrong.

at least im not the only one that noticed this is the child of FarCry and the Division

RenSanItaly
05-15-2019, 07:31 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/08/fa/99/08fa9936efc064d2ec2a463175a82f60.png

Keltimus
05-16-2019, 08:12 PM
From the article Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Survival Behind Enemy Lines
https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-updates/73VqAUZqtjmCPYnTN1124D/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Breakpoint-Survival-Behind-Enemy-Lines

There are more Ghosts who would rather take on missions with AI teammates than go completely solo. What about those Ghosts?????

TEAMMATES

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint will be fully playable in co-op with up to four players, but we know there are some Ghosts who prefer to take on their missions solo. Ghosts will always have the choice to play how they want.

If you want to group up with your friends and take on the Wolves together, you can assemble your squad of badass Ghosts. If you want to experience being the solo operative fighting behind enemy lines, you can do that too.

AI Teammates

In order to really immerse yourself in the fantasy of being lost behind enemy lines, you will not have AI teammates while playing in solo. We wanted to offer our players more versatility in how they can approach the game.

This is also in line with the narrative. In the trailer, your teammates from Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands were part of the big helicopter crash that you survived.

You will still have access to the sync shot feature while playing solo, thanks to three mini-drones that can assist you in battle by taking down up to four enemies at once. However, you will need to find solutions to heal yourself, because if you get downed while playing solo, it’s game over.

SapperDaddy39
05-18-2019, 11:51 AM
So....its Division 3 instead of a Ghost recon game?

xSchiZZo4
06-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Rip

ItzYaBoiPerk518
06-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Please stick to the same Ghost Recon wildlands concept is hit power and rank up guns and equipment and getting loot is definitely a carbon copy of the division please do not make the game like this you will ruin yet I will not be buying it if this is the case especially if it is the same way in PvP

ItzYaBoiPerk518
06-02-2019, 01:28 AM
I am currently playing the tech test and it's pretty nice latency is great but I absolutely do not like that u have to level up ur gear they should just leave it the same as wildlands only for PVP PVE I think that the level up gear is cool...

NSPYRD808
06-02-2019, 09:11 AM
iv had sooo much problems in last few days im kinda getting annoyed.....i log out i lose most of my gear that i bought and my skills....and or found....missions are not saved apon complete...iv swear iv logged out and back on and played the one mission 20x

Redbullnr5
06-02-2019, 07:46 PM
Hi Ubisoft please keep this game like wildlands dont change the setting like weapons en costumazine and please give us the players all ready good charater customize like night goggles and ghost mask and give us like the weapons in wildlands with some new aspact.

STRZ.HzG
06-03-2019, 12:09 AM
So the game was actually pretty fun but I didn't understand why guns had levels to them. The franchise isn't q new one so making a change like that doesn't really make sense I have to agree with the posts talking about the game being a far cry and division offspring. My biggest appreciation is to the weighted movement system I like the way it was done, keep that and drop the rpg gun element. Maybe I'm a noob but finding objectives was a little tougher than expected ag least for me.

willie_t_jr
06-03-2019, 07:59 AM
Wildlands was and is a very underrated game. Got a lot of flak from people/reviewers. The stealth and tactics of the game is what made it awesome. Being able to play missions in campaign different ways. PVP on WL is awesome, but has its flaws. I will wait until the beta for BP to see what changes are made. Hopefully in a direction away from it becoming an RPG.

VaLH_RavEn
09-30-2019, 03:31 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/08/fa/99/08fa9936efc064d2ec2a463175a82f60.png

Eh thats my picture :)