PDA

View Full Version : Sad story Ghost recon will be a full rpg

DontGRlikeTD2
05-13-2019, 09:58 PM
It's now confirmed and I confirm too...
https://youtu.be/WAxk7u9mgSE
And for all who thinks gunplay at the game is good hell no if you get a shoot you get injured but enemy's you shoot them and it's feels like they not even do anything after few bullets they just clap and dead they need to get a better physic and blood and bullet Impact same like grw I mean gun play is the core of the game and they still not fixed at the alpha hope in beta and at realese it will be there but siriously fix this **** before add a item based loot system with 20 different choose of each gun. I pre-ordered because I am a fan but I know sure ubisoft want getting one of the best rpg forge but not every game you realese need now to be an rpg...

UbiInsulin
05-13-2019, 11:02 PM
Just to clarify: tiers won't impact damage, and we are developing Breakpoint as a military shooter. If you shoot an enemy in the head and they're not wearing anything to impede your bullet, they're going down.

igrvks
05-13-2019, 11:08 PM
Just to clarify: tiers won't impact damage, and we are developing Breakpoint as a military shooter. If you shoot an enemy in the head and they're not wearing anything to impede your bullet, they're going down.

What about the drone enemies?

UbiInsulin
05-13-2019, 11:11 PM
What about the drone enemies?

Right now, I know as much as you do about what the enemies in the game will be like in practice. We have more coming at E3 and gamescom.

igrvks
05-13-2019, 11:14 PM
Right now, I know as much as you do about what the enemies in the game will be like in practice. We have more coming at E3 and gamescom.

Thank you for your response. I will look forward to E3 but from looking at this first wave of promotional material it is admittedly quite concerning how similar some gameplay systems seem to be with Division 2 and looter shooters in general. As a huge and dedicated fan of the franchise I have never hoped to be wrong this much but we will see about that later.

Maybe you could share this concern with the team that is planning the E3 presentation, in case they would like to elaborate on the supposed similarities during the presentation or even show some relevant gameplay?

DontGRlikeTD2
05-13-2019, 11:32 PM

For sure but I mean when I shoot a guy in body Normaly he will feel an impact or just they are ghosts like In wildlands where after some bullets guys just died but you don't see anything when you look at him while you shooting like blood or he can not move clearly because you shoot him in his leg or body? I just want to be sure that you see some impact on enemys. And to the physics if a guy's goes down in wildlands and you shoot at him the body feels no impact nothing like he is not there just a ghost body:D just watch up 5:20 than you know what I mean.. For sure is an alpha but this are core physics of the game hope they will fix or adding these...

https://youtu.be/iG865Fs6X2k

TreFacTor
05-13-2019, 11:54 PM

That just means more enemies with bullet proof helmets and armor you've got to knock off even if you toss a grenade...not really reassuring but thanks for the response... I guess.

-_ -

Bone_Frog
05-14-2019, 04:40 AM
That just means more enemies with bullet proof helmets and armor you've got to knock off even if you toss a grenade...not really reassuring but thanks for the response... I guess.

-_ -

Well that is bullet sponge enemies confirmed I guess.

Copperhead_SG
05-14-2019, 05:11 AM
My guess is that the unarmored grunts guarding the outposts are much easier to kill (eg. with 1 bullet headshots). This allows the lower tier players to make progress for both XP gain and weapon drops for upgrades as well as to advance the main story.

Some higher tier enemies would often be thrown into the mix at specific moments during the campaign to serve as mini-bosses. These would be the key members from Wolf Squad, fully armored and better equipped. This would make player upgrades a necessity in order to beat them and to move the story forward to its conclusion.

These higher tiered enemies (squads and/or autonomous drones) would also be part of the reinforcement waves should the alarm go off during a mission. This plays into the survival mechanic: Fight or Flight.

TreFacTor
05-14-2019, 05:49 AM
My guess is that the unarmored grunts guarding the outposts are much easier to kill (eg. with 1 bullet headshots). This allows the lower tier players to make progress for both XP gain and weapon drops for upgrades as well as to advance the main story.

Some higher tier enemies would often be thrown into the mix at specific moments during the campaign to serve as mini-bosses. These would be the key members from Wolf Squad, fully armored and better equipped. This would make player upgrades a necessity in order to beat them and to move the story forward to its conclusion.

These higher tiered enemies (squads and/or autonomous drones) would also be part of the reinforcement waves should the alarm go off during a mission. This plays into the survival mechanic: Fight or Flight.

You just totally described The Division 2. We can already play that game.

-_-

Bone_Frog
05-14-2019, 06:15 AM
You just totally described The Division 2. We can already play that game.

-_-

Nah man, this isn't like The Division 2. In The Division 2 you are a lone survivor(who can, and is encouraged to coop), with limited gear, who has to set up camps and scrounge for things so he can craft. You have bullet sponge enemies, regular patrols hunting for you with low grade enemies that you can kill to gear up to take on bigger enemies/objective... Oh right that sounds exactly like the new GR game.

Copperhead_SG
05-14-2019, 06:53 AM
Ah... but this game you can kill with 1 bullet, get hungry or thirsty, no auto health regen, have dialogue choices during cutscenes and prone camo!!!

Bone_Frog
05-14-2019, 06:57 AM
Ah... but this game you can kill with 1 bullet, get hungry or thirsty, no auto health regen, have dialogue choices during cutscenes and prone camo!!!

To an unarmored head. Die of hunger and thirst to according to several reviewers. I want to know if I can hunt those deer roaming around if I need to scrounge for food. Dialogue choices that mean nothing and cutscenes some of which are reportedly PTSD flash backs.

B_616e6f6e
05-14-2019, 07:26 AM
I'm expecting most enemies to go down with three center mass shots. If a helmet needs to be "knocked off" first, we're deep in the wrong neighborhood. If at any point a baseball wielding "rusher" needs more than three center mass hits, it's no longer Ghost Recon. If weapon tiers don't affect "damage", then what do they affect and why do you need to upgrade to beat "higher tier" enemies?🤔

It does seem like your regular noise pollutant drones need way more to be taken out. Hence why the "super special three (3)" hyper-mega-shots only the sniper class has. Yeesh.

This is 180 in the wrongest direction Ghost Recon ought to be taken.

FerroMortem
05-14-2019, 09:23 AM
Just to clarify: tiers won't impact damage, and we are developing Breakpoint as a military shooter.

It personally doesn't seem like a military shooter to Me, and I would pick 2-4 other genres to describe it or market it before I would ever call this a military shooter even then I probably wouldn't.

refraction_it
05-14-2019, 10:26 AM
I don't think that this GR is going to be like TD2, I admit I am afraid about that, but it's a different game mechanic.

Also, the game has not been yet released, and we are already making assumptions, complaints and everything.
I remember the good old days, where we couldn't see all of that before a game was released, and we were happy !

As a huge fan of this brand, I embrace the change and I hope it will still have its distinctive imprint.

https://i.imgur.com/1Gg9ZAy.png

TreFacTor
05-14-2019, 10:37 AM
I don't think that this GR is going to be like TD2, I admit I am afraid about that, but it's a different game mechanic.

Also, the game has not been yet released, and we are already making assumptions, complaints and everything.
I remember the good old days, where we couldn't see all of that before a game was released, and we were happy !

As a huge fan of this brand, I embrace the change and I hope it will still have its distinctive imprint.
The only current differences between this and the Division are, name, location, some animations (healing is taken directly from the division 2), skills, and vehicles....ohh let's not forget the few things lifted from Red Dead..if that's enough for you so be it. I can't change your mind only playing both games can.

As far as complaining before a game was realesed... Be thankful we have done so or else we would've gotten stuck with this trash

https://youtu.be/5g-dgf9BRRE

refraction_it
05-14-2019, 10:47 AM
The only current differences between this and the Division are, name, location, some animations (healing is taken directly from the division 2), skills, and vehicles....if that's enough for you so be it. I can't change your mind only playing both games can.

You know, I was hoping to have some game dynamics from The Division, because for example I prefer TD2 aim and movement dynamcs compared to GRW, so that's nice for me (of course it's personal).
But only that, of course I also don't like the RPG mechanic, and I don't properly see GR as a loot shooter, and I think it will never be.

I don't want to do many words about it, I think we are already infecting this game vibes, guys let's wait for it, no?

TreFacTor
05-14-2019, 10:52 AM
You know, I was hoping to have some game dynamics from The Division, because for example I prefer TD2 aim and movement dynamcs compared to GRW, so that's nice for me (of course it's personal).
But only that, of course I also don't like the RPG mechanic, and I don't properly see GR as a loot shooter, and I think it will never be.

I don't want to do many words about it, I think we are already infecting this game vibes, guys let's wait for it, no?

[

As far as complaining before a game was realesed... Be thankful we have done so or else we would've gotten stuck with this trash

refraction_it
05-14-2019, 10:55 AM

I just wanna say , wait for it.
There is huge project and team behind that, also they are not going to sell a bad product, after many years of success with this brand, which is actually different than TD2 because it's new.

You know, I am maybe too confident about that, I really love GR, but I am also objective and I can criticize if needed. I am only waiting for it.

B_616e6f6e
05-14-2019, 11:01 AM

What do you mean by that? Sam's hairdo?

TreFacTor
05-14-2019, 11:16 AM
What do you mean by that? Sam's hairdo?
Have you played Conviction??? It's a Splinter Cell game instead of Assasins Creed with Sam Fisher in it which is the direction it was headed in BEFORE WE complained.

AI BLUEFOX
05-14-2019, 12:18 PM
I agree with B_616 in that centre mass shots with a weapon of sufficient calibre, even taking any body armour into account, has to drop an enemy, any enemy. One shot head shots similarly has to be a thing.

I'm reserving judgement until I have actually played the game as we had this exact same speculation about a Division like damage model before Wildlands released. Even allowing for the slightly cheesey increase in health when enemies were engaged, and even in Tier 1, Wildlands was OK. I am concerned with the specifics we have been given, though, as they seem designed to attract Division fans rather than retain Ghost Recon fans. It is essential to me that Breakpoint has a credible and authentic weapon and damage system. Coloured rings around weapon pick ups and a rotary selector menu don't worry me as it is what the weapon does when fired that matters. The breath-holding mechanic, audio, recoil and seemingly lower bullet drop are a cause for optimism, but I do admit that I am concerned. You could complete Wildlands with the first gun you were issued with, and any Ghost Recon game should allow that.

Sash0_
05-14-2019, 12:20 PM
If you shoot an enemy in the head and they're not wearing anything to impede your bullet, they're going down.

Well this still sounds like a deep RPG elements.

spike000001
05-14-2019, 12:33 PM
Blue is right and i'm concerned too where this francise is heading. Wildland had its flaws (a lot...) but at least it was a beautyful world and a belivable story/mission. This one.... Meeeh.

I think most of the core-community here wants the same. Authentic, realistic but accessable. But we have to accept that we are not the target audiance and not the community they talked about in the promo stream. Hard times for us, hard times in deed.

Bone_Frog
05-14-2019, 12:58 PM
I agree with B_616 in that centre mass shots with a weapon of sufficient calibre, even taking any body armour into account, has to drop an enemy, any enemy. One shot head shots similarly has to be a thing.

I'm reserving judgement until I have actually played the game as we had this exact same speculation about a Division like damage model before Wildlands released. Even allowing for the slightly cheesey increase in health when enemies were engaged, and even in Tier 1, Wildlands was OK. I am concerned with the specifics we have been given, though, as they seem designed to attract Division fans rather than retain Ghost Recon fans. It is essential to me that Breakpoint has a credible and authentic weapon and damage system. Coloured rings around weapon pick ups and a rotary selector menu don't worry me as it is what the weapon does when fired that matters. The breath-holding mechanic, audio, recoil and seemingly lower bullet drop are a cause for optimism, but I do admit that I am concerned. You could complete Wildlands with the first gun you were issued with, and any Ghost Recon game should allow that.

The thing is, it isn't speculation at this point. It is every review of the game saying that you have bullet sponge enemies of a sort. That helmets will impede head shots so one round to the head may not do the job. I guess if you have one of those super high power sniper rounds it will, but not necessarily pistols, pdws or ars.

spike000001
05-14-2019, 01:09 PM
The question is how excessive will they do the "spongieness". Few shots to center mass till his body armour is grinded to dust? Or few shots to the helmet and hoping the big dude dies with cerebral hemorrhage? I cant see how that fits into GR. Just hope they wont take it to far.

AI BLUEFOX
05-14-2019, 03:01 PM
The thing is, it isn't speculation at this point. It is every review of the game saying that you have bullet sponge enemies of a sort. That helmets will impede head shots so one round to the head may not do the job. I guess if you have one of those super high power sniper rounds it will, but not necessarily pistols, pdws or ars.

There is a one shot kill in the gameplay video and most of the rest of the kills look like GR gameplay damage not Division type damage. We also know that there will be plenty of damage tuning as there was with Wildlands - that's a two edged sword of course.

The "Heavies" are a big concern, and shooting the helmet off to open up a headshot is corny in my view, but we'll see. It's too early to write off the damage model just yet.

TreFacTor
05-14-2019, 03:14 PM
There is a one shot kill in the gameplay video and most of the rest of the kills look like GR gameplay damage not Division type damage. We also know that there will be plenty of damage tuning as there was with Wildlands - that's a two edged sword of course.

The "Heavies" are a big concern, and shooting the helmet off to open up a headshot is corny in my view, but we'll see. It's too early to write off the damage model just yet.

This will severely limit stealth in single player which if I were to buy the game would be the only way I played. That leads me to believe that there will be mandated stealth missions and others where you can't possibly be stealthy.

AI BLUEFOX
05-14-2019, 03:21 PM
AQSD gaming put up one of the videos that has been interpreted as meaning a Division like damage, but AQSD has now added some comments to clarify that the damage is not part of that. The unlockables - i don't like them, but they have been in every GR game including the original - add accuracy, reload speed and other buffs.

https://youtu.be/i9Tog4Np2P0

FerroMortem
05-14-2019, 03:31 PM
AQSD gaming put up one of the videos that has been interpreted as meaning a Division like damage, but AQSD has now added some comments to clarify that the damage is not part of that. The unlockables - i don't like them, but they have been in every GR game including the original - add accuracy, reload speed and other buffs.

https://youtu.be/i9Tog4Np2P0

Perks on guns are a f@#$ing stupid thing to add into the game if that is what you are alluding to.

AI BLUEFOX
05-14-2019, 03:45 PM
Perks on guns are a f@#$ing stupid thing to add into the game if that is what you are alluding to.

As I said I don't like unlockables, so chillax. Adding attachments that enhance a gun has been a part of Gunsmith since FS, and unlocking weapons has been part of GR since the original. If this is adding stats to weapons as perks I agree with you (although we already had that in a Tier 1 mode in Wildlands), but if it's adding real life attachments then that is different. I don't like the whole find and discovery mechanic, but some do and if the parts are consistent with a real life scenario then I'm ok. I really dislike the Division weapon tiering, trust me.

FerroMortem
05-14-2019, 03:52 PM
As I said I don't like unlockables, so chillax. Adding attachments that enhance a gun has been a part of Gunsmith since FS, and unlocking weapons has been part of GR since the original. If this is adding stats to weapons as perks I agree with you (although we already had that in a Tier 1 mode in Wildlands), but if it's adding real life attachments then that is different. I don't like the whole find and discovery mechanic, but some do and if the parts are consistent with a real life scenario then I'm ok. I really dislike the Division weapon tiering, trust me.

I wasn't saying that's what you wanted just worried that is what the tiered weapons will turn out to be guns with added perks.

AI BLUEFOX
05-14-2019, 04:02 PM
I wasn't saying that's what you wanted just worried that is what the tiered weapons will turn out to be guns with added perks.

You could be right - I don't know and I hope not!

The forum and fans are getting into speculation mode and extrapolating and interpolating what little we do know. That's natural in the absence of much real info I guess, but I'm trying to assess this on what we definitely know for sure.

onzirTbu
05-18-2019, 09:10 AM
Nah man, this isn't like The Division 2. In The Division 2 you are a lone survivor(who can, and is encouraged to coop), with limited gear, who has to set up camps and scrounge for things so he can craft. You have bullet sponge enemies, regular patrols hunting for you with low grade enemies that you can kill to gear up to take on bigger enemies/objective... Oh right that sounds exactly like the new GR game.

By that logic, Prvious Ghost Recon is basically COD.